GF body shamed me - not sure how to feel

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
My gf (34) and I (29) were just chilling yesterday in bed when she casually mentioned "I wish your **** was bigger".

I forgot the context behind what we were talking about but it definitely wasn't related to sex - I was planning a labor day trip for us. (It caught me off guard!) We've been dating for 6 months, being intimate regularly, but it's the first time I'm not really feeling happy about our relationship and how I view her.

I'm feeling so lost right now because I've been nothing but accepting of her wider body shape, age difference, etc. I just really appreciated her as a person and feel so insulted and betrayed - being vulnerable with her only to be ridiculed about myself in the lowest form. She bodyshamed me so casually without considering how I would feel.

She doesn't like saying words of affirmation to me which is my love language (she doesn't express love in words like I do but through quality time) but it was so easy to drop something that most guys I feel would be sad to hear.

I already spoke to her and although she apologized, I still feel a little irked. I don't know what to do. I feel like I've done everything I can to make her happy and she can insult me about something I have no control over.

Can someone please chime in with some advice how I can go about this?

EDIT: Not rage bait. Introvert that genuinely appreciates everyone's input and wants to take time and thank each person individually for their input. Just trying to process what I'm feeling.