Girl thinks I have autism. What about me gives autistic vibes?

Madridista

Madridista

Hala Madrid
I went to my cousin's birthday celebration some days ago. One friend asked him whether I have autism because I act like it. My cousin just told me this, and I am not sure how to react.

For the record, I have no disorders. Eye contact does not leave me uncomfortable, I am fine with routine changes, I am not hypersensitive to environmental stimuli like noise or light, I understand sarcasm, irony, and satire, I sound normal when I talk, and I would rather be around people than alone.

The only autistic trait in me is using elaborate words. I read a lot and refuse to use bad words and slangs. They sound awful. Aside from that, I sometimes am silent during conversations.

What about me gives autistic vibes?

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, <6PSLcel and Darkeningstar
nothing about you is autistic bro normies just dont understand what autism actually is and nowadays 50% of the population supposedly has autism because everyone self diagnoses to feel special

• +1
Reactions: TheHet and Madridista
People loosely use the word 'autism,' so I guess it's not really objective. It might be the way you talk, such as your pattern, pitch, and so on.

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and Madridista
People loosely use the word 'autism,' so I guess it's not really objective. It might be the way you talk, such as your pattern, pitch, and so on.
Also your use of 'elaborate' words lol

• +1
Reactions: Madridista
nothing about you is autistic bro normies just dont understand what autism actually is and nowadays 50% of the population supposedly has autism because everyone self diagnoses to feel special
Very true. I swear normies think every introverted or shy person is autistic.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
I went to my cousin's birthday celebration some days ago. One friend asked him whether I have autism because I act like it. My cousin just told me this, and I am not sure how to react.

For the record, I have no disorders. Eye contact does not leave me uncomfortable, I am fine with routine changes, I am not hypersensitive to environmental stimuli like noise or light, I understand sarcasm, irony, and satire, I sound normal when I talk, and I would rather be around people than alone.

The only autistic trait in me is using elaborate words. I read a lot and refuse to use bad words and slangs. They sound awful. Aside from that, I sometimes am silent during conversations.

There is also a misunderstanding between introversion and shyness, then currently it is fashionable to use words like "autism," so the dish is served. However, introversion is correlated with autism in some ways

• +1

The only thing I notice from the way you write is that you have a monotone way of doing and processing it.

Last edited:
  • +1
The only thing I notice from the way you write is that you have a monotone of doing and processing it.
Do you think I should change my style?

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
Do you fidget with your hands or touch your face alot?

Last edited:
  • +1
There were a few times before my surgeries where people would make comments about me being autistic, but I haven't heard anyone call me autistic since then. I think it's just the halo/horn effect where people attribute negative traits to you because of how you look.

If you are not ugly then I have no idea, maybe you are right and it's because you don't use normie slang.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Madridista and HTN_Mentalcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back