Give advice on getting into IT

Roge

Roge

Heightfidence and faceonality
Wanna land a first job, what should I learn and where to apply?

Obviously I have decent overall pc + network knowledge. Also studied CS (1 semester) but I've dropped out and moved to another country.
The coding knowledge is realistically around 0 but I'm ready to study.

Looking forward to itchads.org replies and advices

• So Sad
Reactions: User28823
over saturated industry getting replaced by ai and takes 2 years to learnm

• +1
Reactions: Roge and Shkreliii
guide me how to choose right profession and study materials
go on that road yourself, it sounds confusing,
but getting everything outlined is easier, and won't get absorbed well, versus going onto that road yourself.

• +1
Reactions: Roge
ok where should i get into then. i'm looking at it as i'm gonna start my own project after some years of experience and paying for all the bills i have

Obviously I have decent overall pc + network knowledge. Also studied CS (1 semester) but I've dropped out and moved to another country.

Working in IncelTears? as a mod?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AlbinoMaxxer, K1ng N0th1ng and Roge
go on that road yourself, it sounds confusing,
but getting everything outlined is easier, and won't get absorbed well, versus going onto that road yourself.
0 recommended resources?

takes more than 2 years to learn from my experience, well i'm not exactly at 2 year mark yet but im getting close and im nowhere near hireable as a dev. I can write a diamond printer console app, if i'm given enough time.

• +1
Golden age of anyone hustling their way into IT and landing a good job was like 4-5 years ago.

You can’t get a good job in tech now unless you do 4 year engineering degree at a good colllege. Even then it’s difficult as job market is fucked.

It’s beyond over if you’re trying to break in without a degree from a good school now.

• +1
Reactions: Roge and rand anon
Golden age of anyone hustling their way into IT and landing a good job was like 4-5 years ago.

You can’t get a good job in tech now unless you do 4 year engineering degree at a good colllege. Even then it’s difficult as job market is fucked.

It’s beyond over if you’re trying to break in without a degree from a good school now.
i dont want to get hired in google or microsoft, i wanna get a basic job and anything over 1k eur is good. also 5 years ago i was about 13

no way i cant get a basic job wtihout degree. i've heard you dont really need it in it btw
@rand anon

• +1
Reactions: rand anon
also whats considered a good school now

over i cant reply to already quoted reply @rand anon

• +1

Be non white: you’ll actually get hited
Be giga high iq: water

• +1
i dont want to get hired in google or microsoft, i wanna get a basic job and anything over 1k eur is good. also 5 years ago i was about 13
Oh idk anything about European economies. They’re even shittier than the American one though.

Good luck!

• +1
Be non white: you’ll actually get hited
Be giga high iq: water
Tbh this is cope.

All the DEI hiring is not for engineers. 99% of engineers are like either Asian, Indian or white.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, rand anon and Roge
Oh idk anything about European economies. They’re even shittier than the American one though.

Good luck!
any recomendations what to study? and where to start

Tech is dead no workers in this industry will be needed in 5-10years why bother

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and Roge
Asians and whites don’t benefit from dei
Tbh this is cope.

All the DEI hiring is not for engineers. 99% of engineers are like either Asian, Indian or white.
i dont even know what is dei but i as i understand its hiring people of specific races more often to "balance" things out. no such thing in europe btw from my knowledge, i live in czech

• +1
no way i cant get a basic job wtihout degree. i've heard you dont really need it in it btw
@rand anon
U severely underestimate how saturated the market is, even guys with multiple yrs of experience are fighting for entry level tech jobs

also whats considered a good school now

over i cant reply to already quoted reply @rand anon
Schools with a highly regarded CS/IT program

i dont even know what is dei but i as i understand its hiring people of specific races more often to "balance" things out. no such thing in europe btw from my knowledge, i live in czech
It’s just woke nonsense

• +1
Reactions: onion_salad