Give me a good skinmaxxing routine that isnt ludicrously expensive, I already take beta carotene.

DoctorLooksmax

DoctorLooksmax

IPDcel
21 years old starting to get old and lose my looks very slowly but surely, Ive decided now is the time for a skin care routine to preserve my youthfulness, any suggestions for an overall routine etc

Retin A

Everything else including diet is cope and doesnt work

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
@Effortless

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
which exfoliate or moisturiser would you recommend?
Cheap ones

But in all seriousness OP

Ill copy paste my shit

My routine:

Derma Roll every 3 weeks (don't do this if you have pimples)
Exfoliate once a week
Wash FACE 2 times a day with a cleanser
Retina A every night/every other night along with moisturiser

When I go out:

Wash FACE with cleanser
Apply cold FACE mask for 5 minutes (to shrink pores, reduce inflammation and flush skin with blood)
Apply toner
Apply serum
Apply SPF moisturiser

Good diet (mainly to prevent inflammation) and cardio.

I would just exfoliate once a week if you're on retin A, especially if you just got on it your skin will start peeling like mad anyway. You can apply retin A everyday once your skin is used to it, even after exfoliation as long as you keep skin from drying out too much. You really need a high SPF moisturiser though other wise when you get out side retin a will fuck you up.

Just this, put it in freezer for 15 minutes then on to your face for 5 minutes after shower

This for toner.

And just any good retinol/vitamin e/vitamin c serum would do.

Though they say that retinol and does not work in the sun it does make my face more glowy so whatever.

They also say that AHA toner does not work well with retinol serum but no evidence of that has been tested on human skin. Toner just help with complexion, pores and help your serum and moisturiser absorb better by penetrating deeper layer of skin and breaking down the dead skin.

Just have a good diet and most of the vitamin and minerals you need will be from food.

Multivitamin, Zinc, magnesium, vitamin b complex, astaxanthin every other day (take on what it says on the bottle if you want).

Do cardio also, good for circulation, reduces bloat, flushes skin, sweat out toxins. It pretty much just excellent for overall physical and mental health.

And also drink a lot of water, it will flush out a lot of the shit your body doesn't need.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: theanonymousone, Deleted member 3202 and FatJattMofo
Cheap ones

But in all seriousness OP

Ill copy paste my shit

My routine:

Derma Roll every 3 weeks (don't do this if you have pimples)
Exfoliate once a week
Wash FACE 2 times a day with a cleanser
Retina A every night/every other night along with moisturiser

When I go out:

Wash FACE with cleanser
Apply cold FACE mask for 5 minutes (to shrink pores, reduce inflammation and flush skin with blood)
Apply toner
Apply serum
Apply SPF moisturiser

Good diet (mainly to prevent inflammation) and cardio.

I would just exfoliate once a week if you're on retin A, especially if you just got on it your skin will start peeling like mad anyway. You can apply retin A everyday once your skin is used to it, even after exfoliation as long as you keep skin from drying out too much. You really need a high SPF moisturiser though other wise when you get out side retin a will fuck you up.

View attachment 169026
Just this, put it in freezer for 15 minutes then on to your face for 5 minutes after shower

View attachment 169027
This for toner.

And just any good retinol/vitamin e/vitamin c serum would do.

Though they say that retinol and does not work in the sun it does make my face more glowy so whatever.

They also say that AHA toner does not work well with retinol serum but no evidence of that has been tested on human skin. Toner just help with complexion, pores and help your serum and moisturiser absorb better by penetrating deeper layer of skin and breaking down the dead skin.

Just have a good diet and most of the vitamin and minerals you need will be from food.

Multivitamin, Zinc, magnesium, vitamin b complex, astaxanthin every other day (take on what it says on the bottle if you want).

Do cardio also, good for circulation, reduces bloat, flushes skin, sweat out toxins. It pretty much just excellent for overall physical and mental health.

And also drink a lot of water, it will flush out a lot of the shit your body doesn't need.
Can you list all the products you use?

retina-a and argan oil at night. this by itself does tons for me.

never have too much sugar at once, from any source, to help prevent acne flare-ups. avoid touching your face as much as possible.

wash/replace your pillowcase often. get a silk pillowcase, the smoothness is better for your skin. i heard this for a while but didn't really believe it. but i heard some advice to just use a clean t-shirt, a new one every night, to prevent acne. i tried it and it worked for the acne but my skin texture became rougher and my hair was especially messed up because of the less smooth texture. so smoother is better.

use an oil-based cleanser instead of a soapy one. it keeps your skin's own microbiome or whatever in tact. a few weeks after switching i notice my skin texture is a lot better-looking.

Can someone please give me a UK link for retin A?

Peppermint oil (For brows) = $5 10ml
Dermarollers .2mm (Skin) = $2
Dog toy (Chewing) = $1
Hairclippers (Hairmax) = $10
Magnesium (Supplement) = $2

Was it worth it; It fucking was.

I wish i could have more money to afford more of looksman stuffs, i've saving up for mask and now and there for my future tanmax procedure

Get a basic set from The Ordinary and add Retin-A and their Zinc+Niacinamide to it.

Forget that beta carotene its shit

What does that do?

Apparently it is very good for reducing blemishes/pore size and evening out the skin tone, supported by a lot of anecdotes. Considering it costs 7USD, I think its worth a try solely based on that.

"The existing clinical data and literature on nicotinamide suggests that it is an inexpensive, safe drug with beneficial effects as an adjunct in many dermatological diseases because of its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, barrier repair and protective effects. It can be used both as a topical and oral drug without any major adverse effects." [1]

"The basis for these investigations is the variety of potential mechanisms of action of nicotinamide and zinc, including an anti-inflammatory effect via inhibition of leukocyte chemotaxis, lysosomal enzyme release, lymphocytic transformation, mast cell degranulation, bacteriostatic effect against Propionibacterium acnes, inhibition of vasoactive amines, preservation of intracellular coenzyme homeostasis, and decreased sebum production." [2]

[1] - http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?is...e=84;issue=2;spage=234;epage=237;aulast=Bains
[2] - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16871773

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
Can someone please give me a UK link for retin A?

Retin A is a brand name of Tretinoin. Unless you've got acne, at 21 there's no way in hell that you need to be using tretinoin. It depends on your main concerns as to what would be good for you to use. What kind of skin, diet and lifestyle do you have?