Going to start working out in the gym but im so confused.

C

coffee

Iron
How do you train for hypertrophy? I keep getting different opinions from these YouTube videos and they confusing. Anyone can help?

The reason there’s so many different training styles is because pretty much anything works if you train with consistency and intensity and have good nutrition. Just pick a workout plan that seems enjoyable and convenient for you. I recommend the youtubers Sean nalewanyj or Jeff Nippard

• +1
Reactions: Detective, VenatorLuparius, Loveland and 1 other person
It's all about trying different things. Just go there with a friend and try out all the machines and shit. Don't worry about making a strict plan or routine yet

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28896
Train to failure, eat high protein, eat in calorie surplus, don't do too many different exercises, sleep well, minimum 2x a week frequency for muscles, 5-30 reprange (6-12 most productive imo), fast concentric, controlled / slower eccentric, isolate smaller muscles, start workouts with compound movements, rest 3-5 minutes for most exercises ( you can superset non interfering muscles to save time), try training all the important movement patterns, focus on the stretch (bottom of the eccentric) this is the most hypertrophy inducing part of the exercise, do as much volume as you can recover form, learn proper form of important exercises.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23359
How do you train for hypertrophy? I keep getting different opinions from these YouTube videos and they confusing. Anyone can help?
pick exercices you enjoy and do them for a long period of time
increase weight or reps each week
train to failure
eat alot of food
sleep 10 hrs
enjoy

The reason there’s so many different training styles is because pretty much anything works if you train with consistency and intensity and have good nutrition. Just pick a workout plan that seems enjoyable and convenient for you. I recommend the youtubers Sean nalewanyj or Jeff Nippard
This.

Stop watching retarded broscience youtubers video.

Get a good program, train hard and be consistent and you're gonna see gains.

Train hard is the most important part actually : I see too much people wasting space and oxygen in the gym rotating between all the machines and dumbbells while still looking like shit despite years of training.

Train to failure, eat high protein, eat in calorie surplus, don't do too many different exercises, sleep well, minimum 2x a week frequency for muscles, 5-30 reprange (6-12 most productive imo), fast concentric, controlled / slower eccentric, isolate smaller muscles, start workouts with compound movements, rest 3-5 minutes for most exercises ( you can superset non interfering muscles to save time), try training all the important movement patterns, focus on the stretch (bottom of the eccentric) this is the most hypertrophy inducing part of the exercise, do as much volume as you can recover form, learn proper form of important exercises.
All this except the rest time : way too long unless you're doing legs or bench pressing.

1min30 is more than enough for smaller muscles groups.

This.

Stop watching retarded broscience youtubers video.

Get a good program, train hard and be consistent and you're gonna see gains.

Train hard is the most important part actually : I see too much people wasting space and oxygen in the gym rotating between all the machines and dumbbells while still looking like shit despite years of training.
Thank you very much. Do you have a good program for hypertrophy I can follow?

Also could you tell how to progressively overload?

It's all about trying different things. Just go there with a friend and try out all the machines and shit. Don't worry about making a strict plan or routine yet
pick exercices you enjoy and do them for a long period of time
increase weight or reps each week
train to failure
eat alot of food
sleep 10 hrs
enjoy
thank you very much <3.

Quick question. My hand shakes heavily when I'm doing an exercise, not even when I'm near failure just it starts shaking somewhere in between. Anyone know a cause for this? My hand just generally shakes. Even when I wrist wrestled my friend it started shaking so much

Only advice I can give is dont get a gym buddy(unless hes hyper disciplined) it just brings u down if hes a lazy cunt like my friend. Go grind yourself thats my plan idk if it will work im semi lazy cunt too XD

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23324
I had this when I began lifting you will get used to it, your muscles/joints are prolly just not used to pressure.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26642
All this except the rest time : way too long unless you're doing legs or bench pressing.

1min30 is more than enough for smaller muscles groups.
1min30 for some smaller muscles might save time but people underestimate the time their muscle needs to recover properly. I would do 1min30 for calves and maybe something like rear delts but eps if u wanna bring up arms etc do atleast 2.5-3 min to ensure progression imo

As a natural lifter building muscle mostly comes down to getting stronger at compound exercises for reps. Isolation exercises are also important but you should especially focus on compound exercises in the beginning as this builds your base of both muscle and strength.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali