Going to turn down a higher paying job

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Salutations my children
Had an interview a month ago for a government security job, but have since found another job and so will turn it down.

Pay is £40k, which is better than what I would get elsewhere, but I would have to travel further/move out of parents' house, and it's shit shifts. It's two 12 hour day shifts, followed by two 12 hour night shifts, and 4 days off.

The other job I've been offered is part time to begin with, and then I may be offered a schedule of four 8 hour day shifts, and then 4 days off, which is much better. Less hours, nearer to me, and no rotating shifts.

The 40k one sounds impressive cos it's government related and pays more, but idgaf, I want to work as little as possible

• +1
Reactions: ey88
I'm probably not gonna tell my parents about it though, cos they will try and push me to do it, especially cos they'd rather I moved out. Sorry, ain't happening

• +1
Brutal 0

• So Sad
Dnr

• +1
The other job I've been offered is part time to begin with, and then I may be offered a schedule of four 8 hour day shifts, and then 4 days off, which is much better. Less hours, nearer to me, and no rotating shifts.
Nice bro, what type of job?

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer