Gonna make my own 0.01% finasteride solution

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Salutations my children
I'm gonna make a topical solution with 1mg pills and PG solvent from minoxidilmax.com

Apparently 0.01% works but doesn't lower DHT at all in the rest of the body

Is there anywhere I can buy a premade .01% solution? Why doesn’t everyone just use this to keep/regrow the hairline?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
Is there anywhere I can buy a premade .01% solution? Why doesn’t everyone just use this to keep/regrow the hairline?
Idk why they don't. No I don't think there is. You can buy topical fin at the same website but higher percentage so ur gonna have to dilute with PG solvent anyway. I'm using pills and mixing them with solvent cos I don't want minoxidil and the cheapest finasteride only topical I can find is $116, plus having to buy solvent

It should come to around £86 a year if I use 1ml per day of 0.01% solution

godspeed broski

is that 0.01% w/v? so 0.1mg fin pill / 1ml solution?

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
is that 0.01% w/v? so 0.1mg fin pill / 1ml solution?
Yes, I'm not sure if it has the same impact as 0.1mg pill, but I think it should, seeing as 0.1% topical is supposed to act the same as 1mg pill

• JFL
Yes, I'm not sure if it has the same impact as 0.1mg pill, but I think it should, seeing as 0.1% topical is supposed to act the same as 1mg pill
okay I might start putting that into my minox, have you heard anything about the fin going systemic?

Just take oral fin wtf

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
okay I might start putting that into my minox, have you heard anything about the fin going systemic?
One study apparently showed no systemic dht reduction, here's a chart from a website that talked about it
2 768x994

Just take oral fin wtf
I will later on, but I'm not suppressing serum dht now cos I'm still 19

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22253
Apparently 0.01% works but doesn't lower DHT at all in the rest of the body
Says who? Topical fin goes systemic, just because you have a small dose doesn't mean it's not going to affect your DHT. If it works then it's affecting your DHT, you can't have one and not the other.

0.01 doesn't affect systemic DHT, and 0.025% only lowers it by 24% in another study. Oral reduces it more
Oral reduces it like 65-75%, around there. I still don't think it's possible to use fin without it going systemic but it seems you are going to try this so i'd definitely be looking forward to any updates you provide. I'm assuming you're going to get a bloodtest done and see if it's actually going systemic or not? otherwise i don't see how you can be sure it's doing that.

Says who? Topical fin goes systemic, just because you have a small dose doesn't mean it's not going to affect your DHT. If it works then it's affecting your DHT, you can't have one and not the other.
You are such a bitch lol

Oral reduces it like 65-75%, around there. I still don't think it's possible to use fin without it going systemic but it seems you are going to try this so i'd definitely be looking forward to any updates you provide. I'm assuming you're going to get a bloodtest done and see if it's actually going systemic or not? otherwise i don't see how you can be sure it's doing that.
A before and after blood test would likely cost me around £300, and DHT fluctuations mean it may not even be accurate as a single test.
There is no other way of preventing hair loss, so I don't see any reason to get a blood test. By the literature, the dosage I will use will lead to no more than 20% reduction in serum DHT, if any. I expect 0-10% reduction from a 0.01% dose, which is negligible. The main factor here is whether 0.01% is strong enough

A before and after blood test would likely cost me around £300, and DHT fluctuations mean it may not even be accurate as a single test.
There is no other way of preventing hair loss, so I don't see any reason to get a blood test. By the literature, the dosage I will use will lead to no more than 20% reduction in serum DHT, if any. I expect 0-10% reduction from a 0.01% dose, which is negligible. The main factor here is whether 0.01% is strong enough
The study you linked states they used 0.005%, i guess you'll find out if it goes systemic and whether it's significant enough to give you any side-effects. Also, this particular study is from 1996, i wouldn't put blind faith in it. I wish there was a way to use topical fin without it going systemic or any risks of the side effects. We'll see i guess.

• Ugh..
The study you linked states they used 0.005%, i guess you'll find out if it goes systemic and whether it's significant enough to give you any side-effects.
They used 1ml of 0.005 twice a day, I would use 1ml of 0.01 once a day, if that didn't work or gave sides then try 0.005 twice

They used 1ml of 0.005 twice a day, I would use 1ml of 0.01 once a day, if that didn't work or gave sides then try 0.005 twice
Okay then, do let us know the results but why not copy and do 0.005? i'm curious to if you get sides or not. I think even if it goes systemic like 20-25%, i think you'll get some sides so will be interesting to see what happens. If you get no sides then i think it's obvious not systemic or insignificant amounts.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer