good gym program? Gymcels gtih

Zercic

Zercic

Temp. Banned
Is this a good push/pull/legs split? Also please tell me how many reps and sets I should be doing. Thinking I’ll be having 1 day rest between each workout that way I’ll train 3-4 times a week. Idk how many gymcells are on This forum

Workout 1, Pull: Workout 2, push:
pendlay row. Bench press
Lat pulldown. Pushups
Barbell curl. Overhead press
Hammer curl. Close grip bench press
Face pulls. Face pulls
Workout 3, Legs:
squats
Step over lunges
Hipthrust
Deadlift
Face pulls

Fucking shit
Updated:
Pull:
pendlay row
Lat pulldown
Barbell curl
Hammer curl
Face pulls

Push:
Bench Press
Pushups
Overhead press
Close grip bench press
Face pulls

Legs:
squats
Step over lunges
Hipthrust
Deadlift
Face pulls

Depends what you're going for.

It's better then your average bro split, but in my opinion the best routines tend to be ones they give to college athletes training to play football.

Good routines for both strength & size are - 5x5 (Includes 3x5 variation), 20 Rep Squat Program, Bulgarian Styled Training & Conjugate Training.

If you're just a beginner just do the basic Strong lift 5x5

If you're intermediate do 20 Rep squat program to help break strength plateaus & do Bulgarian Styled

If you're advanced do some form of conjugate.

Btw tell us your goals?

• +1
Reactions: Enlil, Truecel14 and Zercic
“LEGS”
Stop reading right there

• Ugh..
Reactions: CaptainButtnaked
Idk I just want to be lean and muscular, pretty skinnifat atm.

Aight that sounds less complicated
Download the app, it'll help make things easier.

Check this video out from the Last Natural

In it he discusses his changes.

Since your trying to "looksmax" once you plateau on bent over rows switch to weighted chin ups & at the end of each workout do a shoulder isolation exercise. IMO banded rope face pulls are the best, they both work side & rear delts which adds a lot to aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Zercic
Best one is one that saves your shoulders

What ever you don't follow a program that requires you to spend more then 1.5 hours in the gym. I hired an online personal trainer to help me get shredded, but once I achieved my goal I gained everything back, because I hated working out. Each workout took 3 to 4 hours to complete. Here was leg day so u know what to avoid
sets of 4 to 5 and 10 to 15 reps
Leg extension
hamstring curl
stiff leg dead lift
push press
hack squat
sumo squat
weighted lunges
calf raises
seated calf raises
weighted sit ups
weighted planks
oblique curls
plus 1 hour of cardio

• +1
You'll see a lot of bad advice here and on other websites so be careful. If you're just starting out, you don't need much volume to grow -- more isn't better. A lot of the more complicated routines you see are for intermediate - advanced people who are having trouble making progress. Personally, rather than PPL I would recommend full body for a beginner.

The version 2 workout shown here: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/ is exactly what you should be looking for. It's literally perfect please don't fall for meme social media routines. Isolation exercises aren't that important for beginners because they'll grow from anything. Like you don't need bicep curls if you can still grow from a few chin ups. Focus on a few key movements and get really good at those. Think of exercises in terms of movement patterns. There are 7 basic types of movement and you want at least one of each. They are: horizontal push (e.g. bench), horizontal pull (row), vertical push (OHP), vertical pull (pull up), squat, hip hinge (deadlift), and lunge/single leg movement. Those are literally all you need.

Read everything on the site I linked and you'll have a pretty good understanding. In general, sets should be 2 for isolation exercises, 3 sets for compound exercises, with 1-2 warm up sets for compound. Rep range 5-8 for compounds, 8-10 for isolations.

• +1
the only thing you need to do is 5 x 5 splits. Splitting your work out into certain body groups when you are a beginner is pointless, its way more eficent to work out multiple body parts at the same time. Use this.