Green tea with Red Light - 10 times more effective?

JeremyMeeks

JeremyMeeks

Bronze
Title ^

There was a study to support this plus a woman from youtube who did half her face with red light and the other half with green tea 20 mins before for a month and she noticed a greater improvement on the green tea side.

If anyone does this, how is it meant to be done and does green tea serum achieve the same effect because I can imagine the process is quite messy with the soaked tea bag and everything.

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone and Lorsss
Title ^

There was a study to support this plus a woman from youtube who did half her face with red light and the other half with green tea 20 mins before for a month and she noticed a greater improvement on the green tea side.

If anyone does this, how is it meant to be done and does green tea serum achieve the same effect because I can imagine the process is quite messy with the soaked tea bag and everything.

White tea is actually probably the best for looksmaxxing, it contains compounds that reduce the amount of some chemical that reduces collagen and elastin, plus it's even higher in antioxidants than green tea and has much less caffeine.

So if green tea works, maybe white tea is even better.

White tea is actually probably the best for looksmaxxing, it contains compounds that reduce the amount of some chemical that reduces collagen and elastin, plus it's even higher in antioxidants than green tea and has much less caffeine.

So if green tea works, maybe white tea is even better.

Right that makes sense but any info on the combination of tea and red light

Just pour green tea over ur face theory

Lets do this point by point.
- Anecdotes ≠ data
- Where did the 10 times number come from?
- What were the other controls? Was the "worse" side the side that was exposed to the window while she drove? Did she sleep on a particular side? Did she lean on her hand on a particular side of the face? How consistent was the green tea solution that she made in terms of concentration and source? Could the effects be down to the extra hydration that she was getting from the green tea solution or was this accounted for with another serum on the other side? Do we have objective ways of measuring the difference or was it just her perception? Were the light and the green tea meant to be targeting the same issue or could other factors be affected here?

TLDR: don't put too much hope into this kind of thing. At home science, while massively interesting, just isn't a substitute for well performed trials.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: hairyballscel, PrisonMike, RAITEIII and 3 others
Lets do this point by point.
- Anecdotes ≠ data
- Where did the 10 times number come from?
- What were the other controls? Was the "worse" side the side that was exposed to the window while she drove? Did she sleep on a particular side? Did she lean on her hand on a particular side of the face? How consistent was the green tea solution that she made in terms of concentration and source? Could the effects be down to the extra hydration that she was getting from the green tea solution or was this accounted for with another serum on the other side? Do we have objective ways of measuring the difference or was it just her perception? Were the light and the green tea meant to be targeting the same issue or could other factors be affected here?

TLDR: don't put too much hope into this kind of thing. At home science, while massively interesting, just isn't a substitute for well performed trials.

High IQ response - anecdotes unreliable with no picture proof, small sample for study

Yeah it seemed bs tbf

High IQ response - anecdotes unreliable with no picture proof, small sample for study
Wouldn't necessarily say high IQ- just my job to be able to wade through the bullshit.

Wouldn't necessarily say high IQ- just my job to be able to wade through the bullshit.
Dude ur a skincare legend on this forum. My skin is so much better with moisturizing more and dermatix though its been only a few days

• +1
Reactions: JeremyMeeks
Dude ur a skincare legend on this forum. My skin is so much better with moisturizing more and dermatix though its been only a few days
Again, I wouldn't go that far but I'm glad that it's working out for you man.

• +1
Reactions: JeremyMeeks and Mateusz74
Is dermatix good for atophic acne scarring or PIH
Wouldn't have thought that it would make a difference in atrophic scars. If the PIH is old it likely wouldn't do a lot for that either- I've always used it for fresh scars/wounds like surgical stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back