GTFIH and help me with my sleep

O

Ocelot

Brutal blackpill to know I've always been tossing and turning during sleep since I was young (bad breathing during sleep is probably the cause).
I don't mouthbreathe or anything but my nose is always slightly blocked and even if I get like 7-8 hours I can end up feeling tired.

Can't use nasal drops daily to get good sleep. Wtf to do tbh

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
You might have some kind of sleep disorder. Maybe sleep apnea since you say you have difficulty breathing?

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
You might have some kind of sleep disorder. Maybe sleep apnea since you say you have difficulty breathing?
Would have to get it checked, but I don't mouthbreathe, snore, or wake up during the night.

I BELIEVE it's something to do with my nasal cavity being blocked w/ mucus 24/7 (despite this I seem to nosebreathe during sleep)
I've had allergies since younger and all of them involved excess mucus. If I take nasal drops b4 sleeping, my sleep is dramatically improved, I can sleep for 6-7 hours and concentrate. I can't take them daily though, they're a temporary fix.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
wear a beanie

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Toth's thot, Slayercel, Alexanderr and 2 others
turn off the heater, use an air humidifier if necessary and sleep with head elevated (2 pillows). Try NAC

• +1
Reactions: UglyGod360, Deleted member 6892 and Ocelot
Would have to get it checked, but I don't mouthbreathe, snore, or wake up during the night.

I BELIEVE it's something to do with my nasal cavity being blocked w/ mucus 24/7 (despite this I seem to nosebreathe during sleep)
I've had allergies since younger and all of them involved excess mucus. If I take nasal drops b4 sleeping, my sleep is dramatically improved, I can sleep for 6-7 hours and concentrate. I can't take them daily though, they're a temporary fix.
Sounds like sleep apnea. Most people dont even know they mouthebreathe or snore during the night, or if they are waking up.

• +1
Brutal blackpill to know I've always been tossing and turning during sleep since I was young (bad breathing during sleep is probably the cause).
I don't mouthbreathe or anything but my nose is always slightly blocked and even if I get like 7-8 hours I can end up feeling tired.

check my guide on sleep maxxing

but basically inject melatonin

• +1
turn off the heater, use an air humidifier if necessary and sleep with head elevated (2 pillows). Try NAC
I live in a hot ass desert, the only things on are the air-con or the fan during the "winter" we have.

Won't sleeping with the head elevated be bad for posture? Like cause neck strain, for instance.

By NAC, do you mean N-acetylcysteine? First thing that pops up from a google search. If it is, then is it a compound that is safe to use long-term?

Last edited:
Sounds like sleep apnea. Most people dont even know they mouthebreathe or snore during the night, or if they are waking up.
I'm 16, I live with my parents. I don't snore nor mouthbreathe according to them. My mouth is shut.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
I'm 16, I live with my parents. I don't snore nor mouthbreathe according to them. My mouth is shut.
Even with those conditions you can still have it. Since youre saying when your breathing gets better your sleep gets better, only sleep conditions I know of that do that are sleep apnea and UARS(which is sort of a form of sleep apnea caused by recessed maxillla or mandible).

But as I said idk. Either you have a sleep disorder or psychiatric issues, speak with your doctor.

• +1
I live in a hot ass desert, the only things on are the air-con or the fan during the "winter" we have.

Won't sleeping with the head elevated be bad for posture? Like cause neck strain, for instance.

By NAC, do you mean N-acetylcysteine? First thing that pops up from a google search.
Sleeping in a more upright position helps prevent blocked nose and water retention in the face. I never had neck problems or anything

Yes, N-acetylcysteine

• +1
Sleeping in a more upright position helps prevent blocked nose and water retention in the face. I never had neck problems or anything

Yes, N-acetylcysteine
Will be sure to try it. Thanks for the help.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Even with those conditions you can still have it. Since youre saying when your breathing gets better your sleep gets better, only sleep conditions I know of that do that are sleep apnea and UARS(which is sort of a form of sleep apnea caused by recessed maxillla or mandible).

But as I said idk. Either you have a sleep disorder or psychiatric issues, speak with your doctor.
I have been planning a doctor's visit but they're all bluepilled fags in my area who probably touched a textbook/study 3 decades ago.
Because you're young and don't have visible problems/serious symptoms they dismiss almost everything.
Still, can't hurt to get a sleep test/x-ray of my airway.
Thanks.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and BigBoy
perhaps try bobbing your head up with nose restricted, always clears my nose :feelsokman:

• +1
Have you been taking NAC long term? If so, what effects have you noticed so far?

Just don't move at all. I've noticed that when I turn around a fuck ton in my bed, I sleep in like 1-2hrs but when I don't move and resist that insane urge to move, I fall asleep quicker. Also, focus on the breath and relaxing each muscle with every breath when you don't move.
If this doesn't work, you prolly have insomnia or some sleep disorder