Guide for Neckmaxxing

AdIndependent6291

AdIndependent6291

Iron
Didn't find real threads about this so here we go.

Importance of Neckmaxxing

1. Wider necks are more aesthetic

As you can see by the images, skinny necks doesn't look aesthetic. There is literally no facial difference between these images here except for the width of the neck and you can clearly see that the guy looks so much more masculine and facially attractive.

bf4IlYn.png

yE7xvD8.png

Also as you can see by image bellow, the guy that looks like LTN literally turns into MTN by just increased neck size.

NmsHXPo.png

2. Stronger neck is important in sports

Every athlete that in involved in contact sport or any fighting will benefit from it because neck stabilizes the head so strenghtening it can improve performance and prevent concussions and injury.

Ideal Neck Ratio

Ideally your neck width should be equal to or slightly less than your bigonial width. At least 90% as wide as your bigonial width for aesthetic look, and around 100% as wide as your bigonial width for masculine Chads.

Having it bigger than this makes you just less attractive.

6ac.jpg

Neck Anatomy

I won't really get into details about this because no one really cares about muscles in your neck but i will give you simple explanations.

Muscles-neck.jpg

9783132048317_f002.jpg

When you want to hit the front of your neck you are using Sternocleidomastoid muscle and you are doing flexion.

When you want to hit the back of the neck you are using Upper Trap Fibers and you are doing extension.

Doing Right and Left lateral flexions won't really do much because you are using Sternocleidomastoid muscle when you do forward flexion.

Maximizing Neck Gains

While making this i found one guide that looks good but unfinished, so i would give credits for this part to @Clavicular. (only guide that appeared)

4lXqgsa.png

As you can see the neck has a greater AR content than the rest of the body, studies suggest that higher AR content means more muscular endurance, now we can speculate that training the neck with more volume frequently is ideal rather than low volume high intensity training.

Mike Tyson was a believer in the high volume theory and was quoted saying he performed 500 neck curls per day which just proves the theory.

g3r4maknf5z81.png

Workout Example

1st you need to warm up your neck by just doing all of the movements from the image in Neck Anatomy.

Then just pick the weight and lay on bench. Laying on bench is better because of range of motion.

Do as much reps as you can. Make it like 4 sets of 20 reps or even more how would you like.

Make sure that you lay on your stomach to do extension and to lay on your back for flexion.

You can also do Farmer Carry and Suitcase Carry or any type of Carry that will work your whole body, core and stabilize the neck which will make it bigger.

Final

Don't forget. Proportions > Size

You can have the biggest neck in the room but if your body is small or your proportions are out of the world you won't look aesthetic or masculine.

N6geCGH.png

As you can see in this picture the guy next to David Laid just looks unaesthetic because his big neck ruins his whole body.

Focus on everything don't just be like "yea im going to train abs and neck for summer :feelsuhh:".

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Alexanderr, Pollorex, TechnoBoss and 10 others
not worth it, you'll just get sleep apnea

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
idk why pics look like this :hnghn:

• +1
Reactions: rdqs
Read all of it, looks extremely similar to clavicular's with some minor changes, i will be using both so i could care less

Didn't find real threads about this so here we go.

Importance of Neckmaxxing

1. Wider necks are more aesthetic

As you can see by the images, skinny necks doesn't look aesthetic. There is literally no facial difference between these images here except for the width of the neck and you can clearly see that the guy looks so much more masculine and facially attractive.

bf4IlYn.png

yE7xvD8.png

Also as you can see by image bellow, the guy that looks like LTN literally turns into MTN by just increased neck size.

NmsHXPo.png

2. Stronger neck is important in sports

Every athlete that in involved in contact sport or any fighting will benefit from it because neck stabilizes the head so strenghtening it can improve performance and prevent concussions and injury.

Ideal Neck Ratio

Ideally your neck width should be equal to or slightly less than your bigonial width. At least 90% as wide as your bigonial width for aesthetic look, and around 100% as wide as your bigonial width for masculine Chads.

Having it bigger than this makes you just less attractive.

6ac.jpg

Neck Anatomy

I won't really get into details about this because no one really cares about muscles in your neck but i will give you simple explanations.

Muscles-neck.jpg

9783132048317_f002.jpg

When you want to hit the front of your neck you are using Sternocleidomastoid muscle and you are doing flexion.

When you want to hit the back of the neck you are using Upper Trap Fibers and you are doing extension.

Doing Right and Left lateral flexions won't really do much because you are using Sternocleidomastoid muscle when you do forward flexion.

Maximizing Neck Gains

While making this i found one guide that looks good but unfinished, so i would give credits for this part to @Clavicular. (only guide that appeared)

4lXqgsa.png

As you can see the neck has a greater AR content than the rest of the body, studies suggest that higher AR content means more muscular endurance, now we can speculate that training the neck with more volume frequently is ideal rather than low volume high intensity training.

Mike Tyson was a believer in the high volume theory and was quoted saying he performed 500 neck curls per day which just proves the theory.

g3r4maknf5z81.png

Workout Example

1st you need to warm up your neck by just doing all of the movements from the image in Neck Anatomy.

Then just pick the weight and lay on bench. Laying on bench is better because of range of motion.

Do as much reps as you can. Make it like 4 sets of 20 reps or even more how would you like.

Make sure that you lay on your stomach to do extension and to lay on your back for flexion.

You can also do Farmer Carry and Suitcase Carry or any type of Carry that will work your whole body, core and stabilize the neck which will make it bigger.

Final

Don't forget. Proportions > Size

You can have the biggest neck in the room but if your body is small or your proportions are out of the world you won't look aesthetic or masculine.

N6geCGH.png

As you can see in this picture the guy next to David Laid just looks unaesthetic because his big neck ruins his whole body.

Focus on everything don't just be like "yea im going to train abs and neck for summer :feelsuhh:".
Jfl this "laid mogs because of his neck here" is Peak weaponized autism. No one outside of this thread paid any attention to The other guys neck

Jfl this "laid mogs because of his neck here" is Peak weaponized autism. No one outside of this thread paid any attention to The other guys neck
M0j4dMk.png

I don't see i said "laid mogs because of his neck here".

I just mentioned that he looks more aesthetic, more pleasing to eyes of watchers. That big neck doesn't mean mog.

Good shit. I also work them with my traps.
Is that necessary?

Good shit. I also work them with my traps.
Is that necessary?
I mean do what you really want. If you want bigger traps and neck do both why not

• +1
Reactions: flippasav
do neck culrs ezz but if you are lazy just do deadlift

Huh I learned something new today. So you are saying neck curls from the sides of your neck are cope as they struggle to stimulate the sternocleidomastoid and other important muscles?

You can just do forwards for the front of your neck or sternocleidomastoid (on your back) and backwards to the back of the neck or upper traps(on your chest)? No missing gains from doing side to side?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel
will doing this alone make neck wider?
Well it does but what I'm asking is if leaving out side extensions of the neck is leaving out potentially necessary room for improvement. Though OP sseemingly argues that this isn't the case due to the anatomy of the neck and simple forwards and backwards motion of the neck is sufficient for muscular hypertrophy.

• Love it
Reactions: appealmaxed
Huh I learned something new today. So you are saying neck curls from the sides of your neck are cope as they struggle to stimulate the sternocleidomastoid and other important muscles?

You can just do forwards for the front of your neck or sternocleidomastoid (on your back) and backwards to the back of the neck or upper traps(on your chest)? No missing gains from doing side to side?
Yep, just 2 exercises are enough.

Well it does but what I'm asking is if leaving out side extensions of the neck is leaving out potentially necessary room for improvement. Though OP sseemingly argues that this isn't the case due to the anatomy of the neck and simple forwards and backwards motion of the neck is sufficient for muscular hypertrophy.
It hits the same muscle as Curling them does but if you feel like you wanna do it more you can try adding sides too. But just Extensions and Curls are enough.

• +1
Reactions: Sny
good guide, ill start adding it to my split

Good, simple and effective guide, for me, BOTB worthy, good work buddy

another reason why I told you guys not to take advice from this idiot
Tales qp minutes of research to come to this conclusion you fucking moron

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
another reason why I told you guys not to take advice from this idiot

llstwFC.png

All depends on your size. 6β€²7 and 5β€²3 guys neck will be different.

For example Mike Tyson 20 inch neck looked like this.

iAtlSca.png

So if 20 inch neck looked like this, and if we read what i said

Ideally your neck width should be equal to or slightly less than your bigonial width.

It means that the perfect neck will not make you have sleep apnea, only if you overtrain and make it big which is not even good looking.

Evidence to substantiate your premise?
Ye gargle on my nuts nigger, put me on ignore cuz I don’t wanna interact with retards

Last part is wrong tho having a big neck and being skinny is mogger asf

Bookmarked
bookmark this one instead his method is not optimal

• Love it
Reactions: W3ak
bookmark this one instead his method is not optimal

Same workout said, your guide only mentioned head harness which you need to spend money i think like none of the gyms have it, i said to use weight (plates) which you already have in like every possible gym.

Instead of wasting money on head harness and buying weights rotting in house building only your neck, you can buy like gym membership and build the whole body + neck.

Same workout said, your guide only mentioned head harness which you need to spend money i think like none of the gyms have it, i said to use weight (plates) which you already have in like every possible gym.

Instead of wasting money on head harness and buying weights rotting in house building only your neck, you can buy like gym membership and build the whole body + neck.
I use my harness at the gym it is not a waste of money. You can build anything doing anything the harness is the best way to optimize your neck gains.

Why would you be satisfied with a twingo when you can have a ferrari