Guide how to reduce a long midface

G

griaturo

Iron
IMG 7791

as you can calculate, I have one of the worst ratios on this forum, yet it could look much worse than that if I would not have applied these two tips that I will give you below.

1: grow a mustache (I can't do it yet) this will have the effect of shortening the philtrum and increasing the size of your upper lip

2: have the largest forehead and chin possible (while maintaining an acceptable face shape ratio) by clearing your forehead and growing a little beard at the level of the goatee, this will have the effect of making your facial thirds more consistent because they will be closer than 1/3 each, which increases your harmony and reduces the defect of your midface that will no longer be seen as strikingly as before on your face when someone sees you for the first time

• +1
Reactions: klimo and Liferuiner
I can't leave my forehead uncovered my ipd is subhuman level bro

Freckles can help to fraud a bad midface
Freckles

• +1
Reactions: Liferuiner
The moustache thing is very true

Female family members often tell me to cut it, but if you have a good well grown moustache, that's gonna help, and it's better to keep

I could grow moustaches quickly fortunately, but those who don't it's recommended you grow it then go to the salon or barber shop to make it look smooth

The forehead I haven't tried this, so it's definitely new; idk how I can do it except looking like I'm balding

I used to think my short forehead (average) is a good feature until now

The beard I agree as well although I've never had a full beard I tend to look better shaving the sides and just keeping the lower portion; because otherwise I would look messy, and not in a good way, hair standing out is bad in general, it's the same as how people say if you're balding it's better to cut it all off, then have some hair here and there, so that's the only thing I'll say although I've never really fully grown my beard yet

Also the lines or hair that goes down a straight line next to the ears; that it's better to keep it long and full; because the longer that is the more your midface has a shorter appearance

Anything below that for example the jawline stuff, if you have a weak jaw (i.e. not well defined) it's better to grow a beard, otherwise, if you can't grow a beard like me it's best to cut that part no matter how weak your jaw looks, because it's just gonna look messy and unclean

In general they say if you have a good jawline don't have a beard it removes the sharpness, but if you have a weak jaw it's better to get a beard because it's better to at least have appearance of sharp jaw underneath the beard, compared to a weak jaw, if your jawline is already, good, you shouldn't grow a beard because you won't get that good jaw structure noticed

Last edited: