Gym and it's effects on height during puberty

MilkMan87

MilkMan87

Iron
As you're growing, your body needs a source of energy and nutrients for height growth. But when you're going to the gym at 12-18 and doing HIIT training or running a powerlifting/bodybuilding program that involves lifting heavy weights. You're literally making your body divide it's resources between increasing your muscle fiber's size, and growing taller.

Imagine you're asleep and the nutrients you've eaten today are being chosen for certain purposes. You're basically taking away the nutrients that could've been used for height growth and using them for "muh muscles":feelsuhh:, it's literally self-destructive.

My personal experience with the gym:
I started when I was around 13, I was really short, around 157cm-162cm, In the following years I became 171 at 15, roughly 5'7 1/2. I'm not sure if the gym helped my growth or stunted it but when I had my bodybuilding phase I eating a lot of protein and carbs so that's a plus if you're a gymcel.

To play Devil's Advocate here, The gym does increase test, GH, Igf-1, increases sleep quality, and all that good stuff. But these can also be achieved through sprinting so it's quite a gray area for most people on here tbh.

What are your thoughts on this??

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1, mathis, Vanilla and 5 others
As you're growing, your body needs a source of energy and nutrients for height growth. But when you're going to the gym at 12-18 and doing HIIT training or running a powerlifting/bodybuilding program that involves lifting heavy weights. You're literally making your body divide it's resources between increasing your muscle fiber's size, and growing taller.

Imagine you're asleep and the nutrients you've eaten today are being chosen for certain purposes. You're basically taking away the nutrients that could've been used for height growth and using them for "muh muscles":feelsuhh:, it's literally self-destructive.

I started when I was around 13, I was really short, around 157cm-162cm, In the following years I became 171 at 15, roughly 5'7 1/2. I'm not sure if the gym helped my growth or stunted it but when I had my bodybuilding phase I eating a lot of protein and carbs so that's a plus if you're a gymcel.

To play Devil's Advocate here, The gym does increase test, GH, Igf-1, increases sleep quality, and all that good stuff. But these can also be achieved through sprinting so it's quite a gray area for most people on here tbh.

Just play a chad sport during puberty

• +1
Reactions: Haydez, Funnyunenjoyer1, zura and 5 others

swiming, basketball, low body fat, (12-15), clean diet, calisthenics instead of gym, sleep a lot, have fun

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LegitUser, Pandora, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
Just play a chad sport during puberty
That would be football, and no. The weight room training might just stunt growth due to taking resources for muscles that could be used for height. In OP’s theory.

• +1
Reactions: MilkMan87

This is why I’m a huge advocate for calisthenics, good body during puberty but it’s not some kind of bodybuilder cope for teenagers who feel inadequate. It builds a fair amount of muscle, that looks good when lean. I believe that if one wants to pursue resistance training, and eke out every inch and CM possible in puberty, they should adhere to body weight training.

• +1
Reactions: Pandora, MilkMan87 and Sapieeen

Gym would obviously stunt growth during puberty if you don't have a really good diet which would probably be expensive if you don't have a good diet don't try to lift heavy to build muscle because the building blocks for height growth would just be used for muscle building

This is why I’m a huge advocate for calisthenics, good body during puberty but it’s not some kind of bodybuilder cope for teenagers who feel inadequate. It builds a fair amount of muscle, that looks good when lean. I believe that if one wants to pursue resistance training, and eke out every inch and CM possible in puberty, they should adhere to body weight training.
If you're training til failure with calisthenics it's basically the same. you will build muscle since your muscle fibers don't know the difference between weights and free weight exercises. All it knows is mechanical tension and by training calisthenics (til failure) you will get nearly the same effect as doing compound exercises in the gym.
My problem is I'm looking for a sport that gives the benefits of gym training without taking away from height growth, and calisthenics doesn't really give you the hormone advantages that the gym does. When I was in the gym I was happier, stronger, more of a man and just led a high test lifestyle yk?

If you're training til failure with calisthenics it's basically the same. you will build muscle since your muscle fibers don't know the difference between weights and free weight exercises. All it knows is mechanical tension and by training calisthenics (til failure) you will get nearly the same effect as doing compound exercises in the gym.
My problem is I'm looking for a sport that gives the benefits of gym training without taking away from height growth, and calisthenics doesn't really give you the hormone advantages that the gym does. When I was in the gym I was happier, stronger, more of a man and just led a high test lifestyle yk?
Thing is with calisthenics though, is that you can’t spare any body fat. In order to progress, you have to be leaner. Most of your mass will eventually be lean muscle. It’s why the gyms strongest athletes are fat. And the strongest calisthenics athletes of all time are ripped af. However good point about how the muscles can’t tell the difference.

No that’s not how it works dumb fuck

It doesn’t stunt your growth

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Feliezzx, zura, Matzz and 2 others
Schoolboy grew up to 190 cm, head + neck taller than his mother, while lifting heavy weights during puberty. You tell me

I started weights at 16 when I was 5'10 and i'm 6'0 at 18 now cope harder

• +1
Reactions: zombey, Funnyunenjoyer1 and zura
it’
No that’s not how it works dumb fuck

It doesn’t stunt your growth
its basic thermodynamics my guy. to repair a tissue whether it be muscle, bone, skin etc etc you need nutrients and time to fuel that process of repair / growth. hypothetically, if you sleep the same 8 hours in both cases,instead of 4 hours being spent on bone growth its now 2 hours on bone growth and 2 hours increasing muscle size.

I

I was going gym inconsistently from 14 years old to 17 and went from like 5,6 to 6,2 I don’t know if the gym is anything to do with it but I definitely didn’t stunt my growth. My dads 6ft and my moms 5,6

• Love it
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
Schoolboy grew up to 190 cm, head + neck taller than his mother, while lifting heavy weights during puberty. You tell me
forgot to mention his mom is like 5’8. his dad is probably tall too

Over if u cant grow while lifting circles in an air conditioned facility

If you rly wann defend this theory show the amount of nutritiion used to build muscle in proportion to height

Hypertropy and protein synthesis are rly straightforward concepts

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LegitUser
it’

its basic thermodynamics my guy. to repair a tissue whether it be muscle, bone, skin etc etc you need nutrients and time to fuel that process of repair / growth. hypothetically, if you sleep the same 8 hours in both cases,instead of 4 hours being spent on bone growth its now 2 hours on bone growth and 2 hours increasing muscle size.
It’s proven that it doesn’t stunt growth stop spewing bullshit out of your mouth

And no you clearly know nothing about thermodynamics, your body can repair muscle and grow at the same time. Just look at young athletes

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zura, Matzz and LegitUser
forgot to mention his mom is like 5’8.
Where did you get that from

Screenshot 20240623 142906 DuckDuckGo

These are solid 20-25 cm
his dad is probably tall too
The point is he did not have his growth stunted by any means

Yeah I gymcelled hard like a retard and wasted my HGH in teen years

Adhered to my growth chart so idk how much I could have really gotten though

U have obviously jever put on a sweat bfore u fucking moron
I’ve been in the gym for a year and a half basically. I have a decent athletic physique.

• +1
Reactions: ADOLESCENTCEL
If you aren't taking aromasin during puberty then wtf r u doing

• So Sad
Reactions: MilkMan87
If you aren't taking aromasin during puberty then wtf r u doing
I really wanna take AI and CJC but the only thing stopping me is I dont wanna lie to people when they ask if im natty or not

I really wanna take AI and CJC but the only thing stopping me is I dont wanna lie to people when they ask if im natty or not
What's ur age height and weight rn

I've been the same height for 2 months. only gained half a cm
That's normal, Growth velocity should be measured over a 6 month period

this is just pseudbabble, this isn't how your body works at all

and yes the gym does increase IGF-1 which will literally make u grow taller LOL :lul:

DDIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAIIIIIID NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT REEEAAAAAEEEAAAEEEAAAEEEAAAAAD ! BELLIIIISSIIIMOOOOOO NNNNEEEEGRRROOOO

People Clap GIF

"wonderful opera !"
"own this fraud queen"
"not a single molecule mama!!!"

how many time per week?
I

I was going gym inconsistently from 14 years old to 17 and went from like 5,6 to 6,2 I don’t know if the gym is anything to do with it but I definitely didn’t stunt my growth. My dads 6ft and my moms 5,5