gym during puberty

Mike141

Mike141

18yr old Forum Veteran and 2023cel hater
would gym during puberty be something bad for height growth? the reasoning behind this argument lies in the spinal compression and decrease in testosterone after workouts (idk tbh i saw a guy on ttk say this)

what is y’all’s opinions?

Absolutely not. Gym would help growth and hormones.
Major caveat. Do not overtrain (going dail as a natural/ only exercise when you feel like it/ have strenght and energy) and you MUST eat more food.
I dont think going to the gym will ever stunt growth. Spinal decompression makes litterarly 0 sense... dont squat super heavy weights if youre worried (just use a leg press machine) and doing shit like pull ups or lat pull downs would expand the spine in the same way.
Testosterone fluctuates throughout the day as well. It goes up and down with exercise, you cant claim it only lowers it and in general i believe its linked to higher test.

Basically working out only has benefits as long as you dont go too hard and eat and sleep enough. Just listen to your body in the gym

• +1
Reactions: rooman, zura, Emiqrox and 2 others
would gym during puberty be something bad for height growth? the reasoning behind this argument lies in the spinal compression and decrease in testosterone after workouts (idk tbh i saw a guy on ttk say this)

tiktoker gym creators are stupid as shit sometimes lifting increases test and hgh as a teen because your muscle will need to repair and get stronger after working out and eating protein

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 29581

if your form on deadlifts and squat is shitty spine decompression is possible but thats only if you get a serious injury

• +1
Reactions: Mike141