Gymcelling Guide

nolpolin2

nolpolin2

bloatcel
This is a routine that helped me gain 90 pounds over 14 months, was a full time gymcel before I found this site

Results:

Image0
Image1

Training volume and intensity are relevant to each other. What does that mean? Look below.

This chart shows the theory of high-volume low intensity versus low volume high intensity.

Keyword “Theory” here, in which there is no sort of perfect way set in stone. Over decades of modern and old-school bodybuilding, there has been long term debate in which way is better for muscle hypertrophy. We have seen the likes of Mike Mentzer and Arnold being on both opposites’ sides of the spectrum.

From Arnolds side of the spectrum, we see that Arnold spends so much time in the gym with very little intensity.

When we take a look at Arnold training, it is very easy to notice that most of his reps are just momentum and aren’t exactly perfect form. Now that’s not saying that what Arnold was doing was completely wrong, but with the sheer amount of volume, (5, sometimes 7 hours a day) he is exhausting so much energy than what is necessary.

Well then, why was Arnold still so massive?

Arnold obviously had elite genetics and his training style still produced muscle stimulus, even though his training style was somewhat counter productive.

(Arnold)

On the other side, we see Mike Mentzer, the “brainchild” of bodybuilding. Mike introduced what seemed to be a “revolutionary” new way to train. Mike came in with the idea that to grow one must train until absolute exhaustion and failure but in very little time, sometimes only having one set per muscle group per week. Now the idea that most people got from Mentzer was that you only had to go to failure in the actual main movement of the exercise, when in actuality Mentzer meant that one must go to failure in the concentric, eccentric, and isometric part of the moment.

(Mike Mentzer)
For example, failing to get a full rep on chest press, then having someone help you lift up the bar on the concentric then making you hold the weight on the way down, and after you can let it down anymore, you hold it for as long as you can.

Most people argue nowadays that after going to failure on one part of the movement then switching to an easier version of it, it is really just a fancy version of a drop set.

I must say, to think that you can grow as much as physically possible off of one set alone is absolutely ridiculous. Mike himself said earlier in his career before he dove into research that he followed the standard style of bodybuilding, doing regular amounts of volume, around 20 sets per muscle group per week.

Now, we know that to maintain and recover from prolonged exercise we have to reduce the number of sets at some point, some calling it a ‘deload’, which is proven to work.

My theory is that Mike, as he was starting this experiment of low volume high intensity, he chose people that were either completely new to bodybuilding or people who have been bodybuilding for many years. (Which is hardly a theory, that’s what he did.)

In both of these groups they both would have made significant progress in the first month of his training style, because the newbies would adapt to the new activity that they have never done, and the experienced bodybuilders would get the rest that they needed.

Well then, how did Mentzer’s clients maintain their physiques after the first month of his coaching?

Because they were doing just enough volume to maintain, not grow.

How to train for maximum hypertrophy:

For the perfect balance of volume to intensity, it is ideal to reach about 16-24 sets per muscle group per week. For the intensity side of it, you have to go until you have zero reps in reserve, as in you can do anymore, with maybe a few partial reps, just to try and move the weight, but that’s not really necessary on if you’re on the high end of the rep range.

What tempo and rep range you should be going at for these sets:

New research suggests that you can build muscle at pretty much any rep range, but for me, I stick to about 6-8 reps for my heavy compound movements, like military rows, shoulder press, squat, deadlift, dips, and 10-14 reps for my accessory movements like chest flies, triceps pushdowns, bicep curls, and others.

For tempo, go at about 2 seconds on the concentric and 3 seconds on the eccentric.

On compound lifts or heavy lifts, it is okay to have pauses in between reps to avoid injury.

Its alright it you veer outside of this tempo, as long as its not faster than that tempo.

REST PERIODS BETWEEN SETS:

2-3 minutes for accessories, 4-6 minutes for heavy compound lifts. Make sure to drink water between the compound lifts, but its not as important for the accessories, try to drink at least once every 2 sets.

Between these rest periods, it is sometimes crucial if you are low energy to eat something easily absorbed, like simple sugars in drinks, or anything with simple sugars.

The best exercises for muscle growth:

In general, it is okay to stick to exercises that you feel are effective for you, as everyone does not have the same skeleton, but stay away from stupid exercises like decline chest movements, anything to do with CrossFit, and sumo deadlift.

The exercises that I use and the number of sets that I do per week:

Day 1: Chest, triceps, back and biceps.

I’ve seen more progress doing it this way.

Heavy incline bench or smith press: 8-12 reps x4 sets.

Heavy barbell rows: 6-10 reps x4 sets.

Weighted dips: 8-12 reps x4 sets.

Lat pulldowns: 8-12 reps x4 sets.

Tricep pushdowns: 8-12 reps x6 sets.

Barbell Bicep curls: 8-12 reps x6 sets.

Chest flies: 8-15 reps x2 sets.

Hammer curls: 8-12 reps x4 sets.

Skull crushers: 8-12 reps x4 sets.

Now, this is the basic idea, but if I start plateauing on an exercise, ill change it up, that happens around every month.

Day 2: Abs

Weighted decline sit-ups 10-15 x6

Knee/leg raises 15-20 x6.

Short and simple, can do this on the same day that you train something else.

NEVER train obliques unless you’re a gymnast, as it adds a lot of bulk to your sides, which can look pretty bad.
ex: over developed obliques

Day 3: Legs and shoulders

Light squats 15 reps x3 sets to warm up.
Squats 8-12 x6 sets.
Heavy shoulder/ military press 8-12 x6 sets.

Deadlift 6-8 reps x3

Very low volume on deadlift, mostly focusing on strength when it comes to deadlifts.

Leg extension 8-12 reps x4

Super set with sissy squats to failure after each set

Lateral raises 8-12 reps x6 sets.

Face pulls 8-12 reps x6 sets.

Hamstring curls 8-12 reps x6 sets.

Repeat this for five days a week like so

Day 1, Day 3, Day 2, Day 1, Day 3

I know this plan is high volume, but that’s what works for me.

Feel free to go to failure every single time and do half the volume if you’d like, just try to not go too far away from that volume.

AVOIDING PLATEAUS

Now, from what I can tell, most people will go to the gym, and eat the exact same number of calories every single day that they go to the gym, and never change their volume, and get sad that they can’t see anymore results. It’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard of.

Without any change in your weight or your training, you will never grow. You Will maintain, but not grow.
Change your volume about every 6 months, if you're starting out go on the lower end, if your more experienced, go on the higher end.

CARDIO

Do HIIT running 3 times a week for around 30 minutes.

Aim for atleast 5-7 thousand steps each day, go for a bike ride if you don’t want to walk.

What is HIIT and why do I need to do it?

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training

HIIT is known to increase blood flow and circulation, while augmenting growth horomone levels significantly.

Example of a HIIT session

2 minute jog

30 second rest

1 minute sprint

1 minute rest

(repeat sprints 8 times)

2 minute cooldown jog to finish.

Stretching afterwards is crucial to avoid injury, so make sure you stretch for around 5 minutes after every workout/run

• +1
  • Woah
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Jonas2k7, CopiumX, PsychoH and 6 others
With aajonus vonderplanitz diet and hyperplasia methods combine semen retention 90 lbs in 3 months

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
Why have chest, triceps, back and biceps all on the same day, then on the next day only abs, then legs and shoulders? Persoanlly I would spread the load out more such as Chest, shoulder, back, biceps, triceps, legs, core.

• +1
Reactions: CopiumX and 20/04/2008
Nigger said "For the perfect balance of volume to intensity, it is ideal to reach about 16-24 sets per muscle group per week" 🤢🤢

Wtf is this shit thread, nigga talking bout Arnold, Mike and doing up to 6 sets and 4 minimum. Doing fucking shifty abs exercises that wont do shit? I just fucking hate you stupid niggers, please revoke his human rights and org rights to post.

• +1
Reactions: Spergi
Why have chest, triceps, back and biceps all on the same day, then on the next day only abs, then legs and shoulders? Persoanlly I would spread the load out more such as Chest, shoulder, back, biceps, triceps, legs, core.
I used to follow a split like that, but I would get so sore, my workout the next day would be insufferable.
You can get similar results if you do that, it varies from person to person for volume, but in my experience, that's what worked for me.
The guys in this video talk about it.

• +1
Reactions: PSL Les
Nigger said "For the perfect balance of volume to intensity, it is ideal to reach about 16-24 sets per muscle group per week" 🤢🤢

Wtf is this shit thread, nigga talking bout Arnold, Mike and doing up to 6 sets and 4 minimum. Doing fucking shifty abs exercises that wont do shit? I just fucking hate you stupid niggers, please revoke his human rights and org rights to post.
Stay small lil bro

• JFL
Reactions: Lidian
water thread + mid ass results you're getting added to the ignore list

This is a routine that helped me gain 90 pounds over 14 months, was a full time gymcel before I found this site

Results:

View attachment 3106757View attachment 3106759

Training volume and intensity are relevant to each other. What does that mean? Look below.

This chart shows the theory of high-volume low intensity versus low volume high intensity.

Keyword “Theory” here, in which there is no sort of perfect way set in stone. Over decades of modern and old-school bodybuilding, there has been long term debate in which way is better for muscle hypertrophy. We have seen the likes of Mike Mentzer and Arnold being on both opposites’ sides of the spectrum.

View attachment 3106741

From Arnolds side of the spectrum, we see that Arnold spends so much time in the gym with very little intensity.

When we take a look at Arnold training, it is very easy to notice that most of his reps are just momentum and aren’t exactly perfect form. Now that’s not saying that what Arnold was doing was completely wrong, but with the sheer amount of volume, (5, sometimes 7 hours a day) he is exhausting so much energy than what is necessary.

Arnold obviously had elite genetics and his training style still produced muscle stimulus, even though his training style was somewhat counter productive.

View attachment 3106762 (Arnold)

On the other side, we see Mike Mentzer, the “brainchild” of bodybuilding. Mike introduced what seemed to be a “revolutionary” new way to train. Mike came in with the idea that to grow one must train until absolute exhaustion and failure but in very little time, sometimes only having one set per muscle group per week. Now the idea that most people got from Mentzer was that you only had to go to failure in the actual main movement of the exercise, when in actuality Mentzer meant that one must go to failure in the concentric, eccentric, and isometric part of the moment.

View attachment 3106764 (Mike Mentzer)
For example, failing to get a full rep on chest press, then having someone help you lift up the bar on the concentric then making you hold the weight on the way down, and after you can let it down anymore, you hold it for as long as you can.

Most people argue nowadays that after going to failure on one part of the movement then switching to an easier version of it, it is really just a fancy version of a drop set.

I must say, to think that you can grow as much as physically possible off of one set alone is absolutely ridiculous. Mike himself said earlier in his career before he dove into research that he followed the standard style of bodybuilding, doing regular amounts of volume, around 20 sets per muscle group per week.

Now, we know that to maintain and recover from prolonged exercise we have to reduce the number of sets at some point, some calling it a ‘deload’, which is proven to work.

My theory is that Mike, as he was starting this experiment of low volume high intensity, he chose people that were either completely new to bodybuilding or people who have been bodybuilding for many years. (Which is hardly a theory, that’s what he did.)

In both of these groups they both would have made significant progress in the first month of his training style, because the newbies would adapt to the new activity that they have never done, and the experienced bodybuilders would get the rest that they needed.

Well then, how did Mentzer’s clients maintain their physiques after the first month of his coaching?

For the perfect balance of volume to intensity, it is ideal to reach about 16-24 sets per muscle group per week. For the intensity side of it, you have to go until you have zero reps in reserve, as in you can do anymore, with maybe a few partial reps, just to try and move the weight, but that’s not really necessary on if you’re on the high end of the rep range.

New research suggests that you can build muscle at pretty much any rep range, but for me, I stick to about 6-8 reps for my heavy compound movements, like military rows, shoulder press, squat, deadlift, dips, and 10-14 reps for my accessory movements like chest flies, triceps pushdowns, bicep curls, and others.

For tempo, go at about 2 seconds on the concentric and 3 seconds on the eccentric.

On compound lifts or heavy lifts, it is okay to have pauses in between reps to avoid injury.

Its alright it you veer outside of this tempo, as long as its not faster than that tempo.

2-3 minutes for accessories, 4-6 minutes for heavy compound lifts. Make sure to drink water between the compound lifts, but its not as important for the accessories, try to drink at least once every 2 sets.

Between these rest periods, it is sometimes crucial if you are low energy to eat something easily absorbed, like simple sugars in drinks, or anything with simple sugars.

In general, it is okay to stick to exercises that you feel are effective for you, as everyone does not have the same skeleton, but stay away from stupid exercises like decline chest movements, anything to do with CrossFit, and sumo deadlift.

Now, this is the basic idea, but if I start plateauing on an exercise, ill change it up, that happens around every month.

NEVER train obliques unless you’re a gymnast, as it adds a lot of bulk to your sides, which can look pretty bad.
View attachment 3106782ex: over developed obliques

Squats 8-12 x6 sets.

Deadlift 6-8 reps x3

Very low volume on deadlift, mostly focusing on strength when it comes to deadlifts.

Feel free to go to failure every single time and do half the volume if you’d like, just try to not go too far away from that volume.

AVOIDING PLATEAUS

Now, from what I can tell, most people will go to the gym, and eat the exact same number of calories every single day that they go to the gym, and never change their volume, and get sad that they can’t see anymore results. It’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard of.

Without any change in your weight or your training, you will never grow. You Will maintain, but not grow.
Change your volume about every 6 months, if you're starting out go on the lower end, if your more experienced, go on the higher end.

CARDIO

Aim for atleast 5-7 thousand steps each day, go for a bike ride if you don’t want to walk.

HIIT is known to increase blood flow and circulation, while augmenting growth horomone levels significantly.

2 minute jog

30 second rest

1 minute sprint

1 minute rest

(repeat sprints 8 times)

Stretching afterwards is crucial to avoid injury, so make sure you stretch for around 5 minutes after every workout/run
90 pounds:feelswat::feelswat:

I used to follow a split like that, but I would get so sore, my workout the next day would be insufferable.
You can get similar results if you do that, it varies from person to person for volume, but in my experience, that's what worked for me.
The guys in this video talk about it.

Alright, do what works for you

• +1
Reactions: CopiumX and 3.5/10 17yrs old.
obviously, but training obliques is only going to make your frame worse.
imo thats js a myth ive never seen an example of overdeveloped obliques obly unfortunate hip and waist genetics also u larping on that 90 pounds of gain weight

Results:

View attachment 3106741

Squats 8-12 x6 sets.

Deadlift 6-8 reps x3

AVOIDING PLATEAUS

CARDIO

2 minute jog

30 second rest

1 minute sprint

1 minute rest

(repeat sprints 8 times)

Very basic guides, and overcomplicated for length, just use PPL if ur new or madcow if ur intermediate

imo thats js a myth ive never seen an example of overdeveloped obliques obly unfortunate hip and waist genetics also u larping on that 90 pounds of gain weigh
its in the pic, the guy himself was talking about it.

guess I could have been more specific, but I also grew 3 inches.
100-190

do PPL but instead of regular routine do 3x a week + accesory day (forearms/anything lacking) + shoulders every other session (lateral and rear), so your split should be push, pull, legs + delts high intensity heavy weights lots of sets and reps as you have plenty time to recover. for diet its up to you if in massing period or cut or maintain

Results:

View attachment 3106741

Squats 8-12 x6 sets.

Deadlift 6-8 reps x3

AVOIDING PLATEAUS

CARDIO

2 minute jog

30 second rest

1 minute sprint

1 minute rest

(repeat sprints 8 times)

I just want v taper i got a v shaped shape :Ddd:p

Results:

View attachment 3106741

Squats 8-12 x6 sets.

Deadlift 6-8 reps x3

AVOIDING PLATEAUS

CARDIO

2 minute jog

30 second rest

1 minute sprint

1 minute rest

(repeat sprints 8 times)

go check my thread fix your life as a teenager and skip to the training part

I meant that nobody here cares about post rep and it means nothing.

But now after your reply I think I was wrong.
Yeh no shit its a joke i alr said it 2x bud

ok.

Results:

View attachment 3106741

Squats 8-12 x6 sets.

Deadlift 6-8 reps x3

AVOIDING PLATEAUS

CARDIO

2 minute jog

30 second rest

1 minute sprint

1 minute rest

(repeat sprints 8 times)

didnt read, I mog u

Yes

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH
why tf would I take gym advice from a greycel when I look like this?

You have a good physique but face is still the main thing

what do you mean by "heavy" military press when you then want to aime for 8-12 reps?

what do you mean by "heavy" military press when you then want to aime for 8-12 reps?
Heavy to start out, lighter to finish your sets
I'm gonna post a way more specific version in a couple weeks

I realized that even though I do incline bench presses regularly (15 degree angle, about 25 reps per week), my pecs look bad. The lower part of my pecs are bigger than the middle and upper parts, which make it look kinds like manboobs from the side.

Any suggestions please on how to improve and get good results.

Last edited:
Switch all your pressing movements to incline variations, and get the right amount of sets for chest weekly.
When I switched, I saw substantial results within the first 2 months.

Edit: I used to ego lift on regular bench, but that got me nowhere

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ronald_2
Switch all your pressing movements to incline variations, and get the right amount of sets for chest weekly.
When I switched, I saw substantial results within the first 2 months.

Edit: I used to ego lift on regular bench, but that got me nowhere
What angle do you suggest for incline bench press?

By the way, I meant 25 sets per week. On a 8-12 reps range.

30 degrees, and 25 sets is a lot of volume if you're starting out, especially if its just pressing movements,
If you have two chest days a week, do 4 sets of whatever incline press, 4 sets of chest flies, and 4 sets of dips, and if you don't have dip bars, try something basic, like diamond pushups

Remember, you should be moving up in weight every 1-2 weeks, that's why it's 8-12.
If you can do 12 reps on whatever weight you're currently doing, the next chest session you do, you should
move up in weight and restart at 8 reps.

Sorry if things are unclear-gonna make another guide with more specifics and diet.

Edit: @ronald_2

• +1
30 degrees, and 25 sets is a lot of volume if you're starting out, especially if its just pressing movements,
If you have two chest days a week, do 4 sets of whatever incline press, 4 sets of chest flies, and 4 sets of dips, and if you don't have dip bars, try something basic, like diamond pushups

Remember, you should be moving up in weight every 1-2 weeks, that's why it's 8-12.
If you can do 12 reps on whatever weight you're currently doing, the next chest session you do, you should
move up in weight and restart at 8 reps.

Sorry if things are unclear-gonna make another guide with more specifics and diet.

Edit: @ronald_2
Actually Im not new to lifting. I started a few years ago but stopped since the pandemic and have resumed lifting about 2 months ago.

I only do bench press, roughly 6 sets, 4 times a week.

I'll follow your advice and go 30° on the incline. Also I have been seeing some videos advocating to get the elbows close to 90° for a bigger stretch at the bottom. Will try that as well.

Actually Im not new to lifting. I started a few years ago but stopped since the pandemic and have resumed lifting about 2 months ago.

I only do bench press, roughly 6 sets, 4 times a week.

I'll follow your advice and go 30° on the incline. Also I have been seeing some videos advocating to get the elbows close to 90° for a bigger stretch at the bottom. Will try that as well.
Muscle memory is probably gonna kick in soon, and id stop benching that much
Elbows are gonna be destroyed after some time

• +1