Gymcelling plan

untouchable_coper

untouchable_coper

Silver
Lmk if this is a good idea or trash.

Preworkout whenever I go near PR for deadlifts or squats. Otherwise will not use.
Intermittent fasting to boost HGH (lowers IGF-1 though)
Creatine obviously for muscle size and recovery, but also to fix IGF-1 decrease caused by intermittent fasting
If I hit maintenance calories, will I recomp?
I am 16 @ 145 lbs, 5'10, & 20%bf

0/10 cuz no roids

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 17311 and racoon4
Lmk if this is a good idea or trash.

Preworkout whenever I go near PR for deadlifts or squats. Otherwise will not use.
Intermittent fasting to boost HGH (lowers IGF-1 though)
Creatine obviously for muscle size and recovery, but also to fix IGF-1 decrease caused by intermittent fasting
If I hit maintenance calories, will I recomp?
I am 16 @ 145 lbs, 5'10, & 20%
tbh at 20% you can recomp nicely but damn 20% at 145???
you sure about that?
145 is very light your bf could be much lower than you think

You're overanalyzing and focusing on shit that makes little to no difference.

1. Train hard and to/close to failure
2. Do enough volume (12-16 working sets/bodypart/week),
3. PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD your exercises (always be adding weight or reps to your exercises workout to workout)
4. Eat 0.8 gs protein/lb
5. Calorie surplus (gain around 2 lbs/month)

Creatine will give a tiny strength boost, but most importantly fill out your muscles and make you look bigger. But beyond that initial 5 lb gain, it does nothing more

Eating 4 evenly spread out meals with protein is superior to intermittent fasting for building muscle due to protein synthesis.

Using preworkout to hit PRs on squats and deadlifts in an over excited state isn't going to build more muscle. You're just gonna be able to lift slightly more weight due to being amped up, and if you're going for 1-3 rep maxes, you're not building muscle efficiently with those sets due to not enough "effective reps" (5 reps and above is when you maximally stimulate all your muscle fibers in a set). You are risking injury tho

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Deleted member 18890, untouchable_coper and 1 other person
You're overanalyzing and focusing on shit that makes little to no difference.

1. Train hard and to/close to failure
2. Do enough volume (12-16 working sets/bodypart/week),
3. PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD your exercises (always be adding weight or reps to your exercises workout to workout)
4. Eat 0.8 gs protein/lb
5. Calorie surplus (gain around 2 lbs/month)

Creatine will give a tiny strength boost, but most importantly fill out your muscles and make you look bigger. But beyond that initial 5 lb gain, it does nothing more

Eating 4 evenly spread out meals with protein is superior to intermittent fasting for building muscle due to protein synthesis.

Using preworkout to hit PRs on squats and deadlifts in an over excited state isn't going to build more muscle. You're just gonna be able to lift slightly more weight due to being amped up, and if you're going for 1-3 rep maxes, you're not building muscle efficiently with those sets due to not enough "effective reps" (5 reps and above is when you maximally stimulate all your muscle fibers in a set). You are risking injury tho
Thank you for this. I just have a few questions:
1. I do 12-16 sets of every muscle group per week (lats + bis or chest + tris as examples) but not each individual muscle. Is this okay?
2. My parents force me to be a vegetarian (can't wait till college lmfao), and I saw that creatine is deficient in people without meat in diets. Will taking creatine be even better for me?
3. Is 4 days a week of training enough (with one of them being cardio-focused)?

tbh at 20% you can recomp nicely but damn 20% at 145???
you sure about that?
145 is very light your bf could be much lower than you think
I have abdominal definition, but I have significant love handles and even some lower back fat.

gymcel plan that doesnt involve a 250mg test when ur not a 8+ facewise is a copecel plan my friend.

edit: didnt read that u were 16 🤣

• JFL
Reactions: untouchable_coper
1. I do 12-16 sets of every muscle group per week (lats + bis or chest + tris as examples) but not each individual muscle. Is this okay?
2. My parents force me to be a vegetarian (can't wait till college lmfao), and I saw that creatine is deficient in people without meat in diets. Will taking creatine be even better for me?
i dont know if 12-16 sets a week per muscle group is necessary do a 5/3/1 upper lower split novice program

for the vegetarian stuff if you're not full on vegan drink milk and eat eggs for some nutrient dense food
and yes 4 days a week is enough, if you're going the route of a cardio day do a novice full body split
but IMO do cardio 3 times a week if you want to get lean just do cardio after you lift

• +1
i dont know if 12-16 sets a week per muscle group is necessary do a 5/3/1 upper lower split novice program

for the vegetarian stuff if you're not full on vegan drink milk and eat eggs for some nutrient dense food
and yes 4 days a week is enough, if you're going the route of a cardio day do a novice full body split
but IMO do cardio 3 times a week if you want to get lean just do cardio after you lift
Yea I rely on eggs and dairy, rest sounds good.

Yea I rely on eggs and dairy, rest sounds good.
use a bmr calculator and myfitnesspal
ngl just do a 300-500 calorie surplus on days you train then on your off days eat at maintenence
in 6 months to a year you'll have a lot more muscle and then cutting the fat off will be ez

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and untouchable_coper

12-16 for EACH muscle TOTAL in a week.

Because another thing is that you want to be hitting bodyparts at least twice/week. So dont just workout your back, or chest once a week. This is why push pull legs repeat 6x week is so popular. But if you only want to train 4x week, then do a full upper, full lower, off, repeat.

So for chest as an example:

Hammer Strength Chest Press 3x5-8 (each set to failure)
Dumbbell Incline Flyes 3x8-12 (each set to failure)

Do that twice/week, and that's 12 hard sets total for chest. You want to do this for all major muscle groups (lats, quads, side delts)

For smaller muscle groups like biceps, and triceps, you can do half that amount (6-8 sets total/week) because compound exercises like a chest press, or a row still hit your arms indirectly. Same with rear delts, traps, and hamstrings.

• +1