GYMCELS I NEED HELP GTFIH

D

Deleted member 17595

vinniehackermaxxing
CC208141 2283 469B A683 FD40DD968459

ARE THE PUSH AND PULL HERE GOOD? LEG DAY IS NOT DONE DONT EVEN COMMENT ON IT!!
ARE 4 SETS TOO MUCH SINCE I TRY TO GO TO FAILURE ON EVERY?

Na

• +1
Reactions: flippasav and SubhumanCurrycel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: House Lannister, flippasav, Kebab Master and 3 others
You have way too many sets. Maximum 3 sets if you want to work hard but 2 sets should be the sweet spot. You should maximize the form of the movements you're doing with a weight you can't do beyond your given rep range. I don't know why your doing triceps on a pull day when your body is spent from push day. Throw in some leg extensions and leg curls and you'll be fine.

• +1
Reactions: Iteration and Deleted member 17595
No conventional deadlifts ?

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 20399 and Deleted member 27472
Also dont do deadlifts on a day when you squat Lolololol

View attachment 2167869

The pullup is the single best pull exercise and you're doing it last after a ton of junk volume. I'd put it earlier and prioritise it over stuff like pulldowns and rows in terms of both intensity and volume.

4 sets for an exercise is on the high side. Might be better off reducing to 3 and adding another exercise instead. For example no point doing leg press and squat same workout, why not do some sort of pre-exhaust before the squats like leg extensions or sissy squats. For push, you aren't isolating the triceps much, I'd take out flyes and swap for french press.

Also, do some direct ab work if you're remotely interested in aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17595
You have way too many sets. Maximum 3 sets if you want to work hard but 2 sets should be the sweet spot. You should maximize the form of the movements you're doing with a weight you can't do beyond your given rep range. I don't know why your doing triceps on a pull day when your body is spent from push day. Throw in some leg extensions and leg curls and you'll be fine.
consider that im training for aestethics( would 3 sets still be better than 4? but with more weight i guess. And should reps stay the same?

The pullup is the single best pull exercise and you're doing it last after a ton of junk volume. I'd put it earlier and prioritise it over stuff like pulldowns and rows in terms of both intensity and volume.

4 sets for an exercise is on the high side. Might be better off reducing to 3 and adding another exercise instead. For example no point doing leg press and squat same workout, why not do some sort of pre-exhaust before the squats like leg extensions or sissy squats. For push, you aren't isolating the triceps much, I'd take out flyes and swap for french press.

Also, do some direct ab work if you're remotely interested in aesthetics.
Im mainly interested in aestethics so i might ass leg raises and planks
Do you think 4 sets is a lot for aestethics?

The shoulders (vitamin D injections)
At least you accepted that you are a brainlet. Over for you, lost anal virginity to a needle. No roid for race and autism sadly

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax
bump

@Arborist @Reformed

Skip legs

• +1
Reactions: LastGerman
  • +1
Reactions: Reformed
jfl
fr bro i need asvise is it too much/not enough, should i add or remove some exercises? for aestethics
I’m serious about skipping legs, waste of energy

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: User49, LastGerman and Deleted member 20399
shit program

i dont wanna look dispropotional
You’d look worse with beefy fat legs. U want ur upper body to look big in comparison to ur legs

• +1
Reactions: User49, LastGerman and Deleted member 20399
consideAlr that im training for aestethics( would 3 sets still be better than 4? but with more weight i guess. And should reps stay the same?
if your training for aesthetics follow a guy named TNF and another named JPG coaching on Tiktok. Dudes natural and jacked asf and has good tips for getting jacked and aesthetic. 4 is overkill, 3 is a bit much in my opinion. If you are really training to failure, or close to it, like 3 reps off, no bullshit, then no more than 2/3 sets would be feasible, you'd just be exhausted and unable.

You’d look worse with beefy fat legs. U want ur upper body to look big in comparison to ur legs
Nobody is getting fat and beefy legs as a natural. Your missing out on alot of strength and stability not working out legs and your bound to run into issues in the future with your upper body being way stronger than your lower. If you feel that your legs grow too fast, be realistic and take a video/picture of you flexing. Unless your a manlet then your legs won't be as big as you think they are. Legs provide the contrast to your waist that makes your waist look even smaller, making your shoulders and entire body look much better.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 20399 and Reformed
Legs provide the contrast to your waist that makes your waist look even smaller, making your shoulders and entire body look much better.
@Arborist thoughts on this statement?

if your training for aesthetics follow a guy named TNF and another named JPG coaching on Tiktok. Dudes natural and jacked asf and has good tips for getting jacked and aesthetic. 4 is overkill, 3 is a bit much in my opinion. If you are really training to failure, or close to it, like 3 reps off, no bullshit, then no more than 2/3 sets would be feasible, you'd just be exhausted and unable.
Yeah i pretty much only care anout aestethics. Sure, i will try 3 sets then, with heavier weight going fully to failure. I will also follow them on tiktok thank you for telling me that.
What do you think about the actual exercises? Should i change rep range, remove or add certain exercises?

Im 6ft2 so i doubt that i will get massive legs too fast. Also i dont want giga skinny legs

• +1
Reactions: Reformed
jfl
fr bro i need asvise is it too much/not enough, should i add or remove some exercises? for aestethics
How long have you been working out for. The best plan I can make up for aesthetics that I do goes as the following

Lower Body:
Seated/Standing Calf Raises( do these first, its when you have the most energy and focus)
Leg Curls/Extension (pick one first, then do the other after, pre exhausting the legs, warming them up)
Main Compound Movement ( Hack Squat/ Pendulum/ Split Squat/ Barbell Squat)
Romanian Deadlift or any other deadlift ( no 1rm's)
Hip Thrusts( For a bit of quad and glutes, it helps your other lifts get stronger.)

Upper Body
Warmup Chest Movement ( Chest Flies)
Warmup Back Movement ( Machine rows)
Main Chest Movement( Some sort of chest press)
Main Back Movement( Barbell Row)
Lateral Raises
Bicep movement
Tricep Movement
Forearm Extension & Curl

REST DAY

Shoulders and Arms

Leg Day 2

Chest and Arms

I'm too lazy to write out the rest of the 3 days, figure it out.

Do everything in a 6-20 rep range, bigger movements do less reps, easier single joint movements higher reps

Im 6ft2 so i doubt that i will get massive legs too fast. Also i dont want giga skinny legs
Same boat your legs will never be like a bodybuilder unless you take steroids.

Yeah i pretty much only care anout aestethics. Sure, i will try 3 sets then, with heavier weight going fully to failure. I will also follow them on tiktok thank you for telling me that.
What do you think about the actual exercises? Should i change rep range, remove or add certain exercises?
They arent bad exercises. For delts and biceps and calfs do 12 reps minimum, but for quads, chest, back, the bigger muscle form really matters so do less, like 6 minimum. Fool around see what works for you. What works for me wont work for you, different muscle types respond differently to stimuli, thats all it is.

Bench Press: 5x3
Incline Dumbbell Press: 8x3
Incline Smith Machine Press: 8x3
Decline Bench Press: 10x3

Tricep Pushdowns: 4x12-15
Skullcrushers: 4x8-10
Close Grip Bench Press: 4x8-10

Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Pull-Ups: 3 sets of as many reps as possible
Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Barbell curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Preacher curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Concentration curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Seated Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Bench Press: 5x3
Incline Dumbbell Press: 8x3
Incline Smith Machine Press: 8x3
Decline Bench Press: 10x3

Tricep Pushdowns: 4x12-15
Skullcrushers: 4x8-10
Close Grip Bench Press: 4x8-10

Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
Pull-Ups: 3 sets of as many reps as possible
Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Barbell curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Preacher curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Concentration curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Seated Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Romanian Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
did u acidentally put reps before sets on benchpress and first few exercises? since like 3 sets 6 reps eould make more sense imp especially for aestethics

They arent bad exercises. For delts and biceps and calfs do 12 reps minimum, but for quads, chest, back, the bigger muscle form really matters so do less, like 6 minimum. Fool around see what works for you. What works for me wont work for you, different muscle types respond differently to stimuli, thats all it is.
Ty especially for the rep range advice i will look into other exercises abd things u listed too.
Also to answer you ive been going to the gym for 1 month now, i do PPL 6 days a week.

did u acidentally put reps before sets on benchpress and first few exercises? since like 3 sets 6 reps eould make more sense imp especially for aestethics
Yea, I did. 3 sets of 5 for bench etc.
Follow that program; it's optimized, to balance strength and hyptrophy, do abs every 2 days too

and note your reps and how much you've lifted every day and up the weight/reps

Yea, I did. 3 sets of 5 for bench etc.
Follow that program; it's optimized, to balance strength and hyptrophy, do abs every 2 days too

and note your reps and how much you've lifted every day and up the weight/reps
For sure, i will try that and the most important thing is i didnt know much about rep ranges and stuff. I see a lot of stuff online but i wanna train for aestethics so i wasnt sure whats actually ideal for that since i dont wanna be a powerlifter or smth like that

View attachment 2167869

Never do 4 sets of one exercise in one day. Also, don't go to failure on first set but leave 2-3 reps in reserve. Go to failure on next 1-2 sets.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17595
Never do 4 sets of one exercise in one day. Also, don't go to failure on first set but leave 2-3 reps in reserve. Go to failure on next 1-2 sets.
noted bro i will do 3 today and try that

• +1
Reactions: king_bandon
@Arborist thoughts on this statement?
it is true, but it also makes your upper body look smaller and gives you an hourglass figure.

whats wrong w it then
Put OHP first cuz shoulders>chest.
Reduce chest exercise to 2-3. Increase intensity at those 2-3 exercises and it will feel plenty
Add triceps isolation on a push day.

Reduce back exercise to 2-3. at least 1 horizontal and 1 vertical variation.
Arms are fine, but i would add forearms isolation too.

Legs i dont care, just do them
No lower back exercises will cause pain in the future

Put OHP first cuz shoulders>chest.
Reduce chest exercise to 2-3. Increase intensity at those 2-3 exercises and it will feel plenty
Add triceps isolation on a push day.

Reduce back exercise to 2-3. at least 1 horizontal and 1 vertical variation.
Arms are fine, but i would add forearms isolation too.

Legs i dont care, just do them
No lower back exercises will cause pain in the future
What lower back exercise would you recommend?
What back exercise should i remove if u think i should reduce them?
I added skull crushers for tricep isolation btw

What lower back exercise would you recommend?
What back exercise should i remove if u think i should reduce them?
I added skull crushers for tricep isolation btw

Weighted hyperextension can do the trick.
I would recommend chinese plank. Body weight at first, then with weights. Aim to hold 5 minutes. Elite power lifters use it to avoid or recover from back injures
Weighted-Reverse-Plank-Chinese-Weightlifting.jpg

I would stick to weighted (rotate them) pull/chin ups and t bar rows. 4 sets each is enough just use high intensity. U can do 5 sets of pull ups but that shit is scary im shivering everytime.

Do triceps iso on a push day not on a pull day.

View attachment 2167869

remove leg press replace with leg extension.. this is all way too mcuh volume

push
chest flies 2 sets
incline press 3 sets
overhead 1 set
lat raise 3 sets
tricep pushdown 3 sets

pull:
lat pulldowns 3 sets (why are they called pushdowns jfl)
bent over rows 2 sets
pull up 2 sets
bicep curl 1 set
hammer curl 2 sets
face pull 1 set

leg day is good just adjust the volume

Also dont do deadlifts on a day when you squat Lolololol
lollolol Rippetoe's SS has squats and deads on the same day and is one of the most effective programs for novice lifters for gaining leg size and strength

what are your stats? are you natty?

if you're natty and inexperienced this routine is utter garbage, especially going to failure on every set, which you should not be doing. you're just reducing the amount of volume you do if you go to failure on your first set.

what are your stats? are you natty?

if you're natty and inexperienced this routine is utter garbage, especially going to failure on every set, which you should not be doing. you're just reducing the amount of volume you do if you go to failure on your first set.
natty been going to gym for 1 month 6ft2
i changed all aets from 4 to 3 i go to failure on last 2 sets

do 3x5 compound lifts plus some accessories 3x per week

Less than 4 sets is for bloatlords and queerfags.

• +1
Reactions: ronald_98
I use one exercise per muscle and do it for 5-6 sets of 6-10 reps. I workout at home and dont want to be changing weights several times by doing 2 or 3 exercises per muscle. It gets boring.