Had an experience with a "Nice Guy" today and I am shaken up

NoLongerHuman

NoLongerHuman

Mine has been a life of much shame
So I met this guy online and at first he seemed great. He was handsome, and most importantly seemed sweet and understanding. In fact, I was puzzled on how someone like him could still be single because he seemed to be the whole package. He had a large group of friends which also made me question further how he still hadn't found a gf, but I brushed it off. Maybe he just hadn't connected with someone on a deep romantic level yet. I developed a small crush on him.

Unfortunately, this stupid schoolgirl crush of mine meant that he made me nervous. So he sends me a message and I leave him on read, but it was bc I was giddy and nervous thinking about how to reply later on. Well... when he saw that I had left him on read, he COMPLETELY blew up. He started berating me by calling me a bitch, telling me "fuck you" and to "fuck off". I told him his reaction was unhinged and scary (wish I had just silently blocked him tbh), to which he replied: "Then don't do it again."

If my blood had already gone cold, that response finished freezing it up. I quickly blocked him. I know it may be stupid to be so shaken up, and this is probably something every woman has dealt with but the sudden switch was jarring. It was like Jekyll and Hyde. This situation has kind of scarred me a little bit, bc I already find it so hard to trust men as is. I don't hate them... I want to love men, and I want them to love me. But I always have these bad experience with them and it breaks my heart.

• JFL
Reactions: cmstormhox and nathan