Had brutal case of sleep paralysis tonight

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Nobody mogs like Gaston
I've had these before, but like very very few times. Maybe only a couple times in my entire life. This is already the 3rd one or so this calendar year

Essentially it came down to having a nightmare, then waking up in my bedroom with hallucinations of people trying to harm me in my room.

In full blown panic I would be trying to move my limbs and head to protect myself from harm and attack these figures. But I was unable to move. Unable to move my limbs: It felt like you were completely tied up, chained up.
lasted like 5-10 seconds while you are panicking intensely as you feel like you are about to be attacked.

Brutal and reminded me of @6ft4 simulation theory. The nightmare was my workplace where I uncovered a conspiracy going on against me. Kinda like the Truman Show where he uncovers the fact that everyone around him is fake and he has been tricked for years.

As I uncovered the conspiracy, my colleagues became visibly disturbed: I wasn't meant to find this, wasn't supposed to find out. They became hostile towards me and this is when I woke up with sleep paralysis.
This felt like waking up from the simulation, but still being chained/controlled by the people who put me in the simulation. They were still busy untying chains since they wanted me to believe it 'was just a dream'.

this happened 5AM and didn't go to sleep anymore afterwards.

jfl honestly its over for me :ogre:

my brain is completely destroyed either that or simulation theory is true. Or perhaps my brain is destroyed because of this simulation.

• +1
  • Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, 6ft4, PickleTheSlayer and 6 others
I enjoy sleep paralysis, ur low t.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: uksucks, PickleTheSlayer, N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆. and 2 others
Is it true you see demons and stuff?

I heard about sleep paralysis and the demon part was scarier than any cancer story I've ever heard

• +1
Reactions: notsocommonthumb, TechnoBoss and MoggerGaston
Is it true you see demons and stuff?

I heard about sleep paralysis and the demon part was scarier than any cancer story I've ever heard
demons, aliens, monsters, entities
yes you do

worst one I have had, is when I had a nightmare within a nightmare first. You wake up from the first nightmare in your bedroom, but you didn't actually wake-up and now the nightmare continues in your bedroom. This makes it even scarier as you believe this is now reality, before you wake-up a second time.

its brutal

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, Nigger, notsocommonthumb and 3 others
I enjoy sleep paralysis, ur low t.
it's very interesting and adrenaline packed, not gonna lie. I can enjoy it too.

but it ruins my sleep quality.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: notsocommonthumb, TechnoBoss and Goth
demons, aliens, monsters, entities
yes you do

worst one I have had is where I had a nightmare in a nightmare first. You wake up from the first nightmare in your bedroom, but you didn't actually wake-up and now the nightmare continues in your bedroom. This makes it even scarier as you believe this is now reality, before you wake-up a second time.

its brutal
Wtf that's fucking insane

I had a classmate tell me years ago he had sleep paralysis and he'd wake up to some demon squatting on his chest staring at him and he couldn't do shit about it except stare back

I thought he was larping till I read about the condition myself

Spooky ass shit mang

Do you get medicines for it?

• +1
Reactions: notsocommonthumb and MoggerGaston
I've heard that when you have sleep paralysis you need to try and focus on moving your fingers and your toes to wake up.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? I had a few of them and the first one I ever had was the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. They are so insanely realistic and you really can't discern the fact that it's only a dream (at least I couldn't because it was new to me)

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: uksucks, notsocommonthumb and MoggerGaston
I've heard that when you have sleep paralysis you need to try and focus on moving your fingers and your toes to wake up.
Yea and it requires so much focus and effort. Its like youre fighting for your life to move them

• +1
Reactions: Nigger, notsocommonthumb, MoggerGaston and 1 other person

I had a classmate tell me years ago he had sleep paralysis and he'd wake up to some demon squatting on his chest staring at him and he couldn't do shit about it except stare back

Spooky ass shit mang

I don't think there's any medication you can get for it without serious side-effects.
I mean, I could get sleeping pills or something.

But I don't feel like I have it often enough to warrant such an action unless I really need sleep for some important event/day in the short-term.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, notsocommonthumb and Brus Wane

Spooky ass shit mang

Demon squatting on your chest seems legit asf.

When I had it today, I felt like I woke up in some sort of laboratory and 'entities' were working on my body, performing surgery or an experiment or something. I saw shadows moving around in panic in my room as 'I wasn't supposed to wake-up this soon.'

I felt an entity touching my back, but I could only look forward, unable to move my head or my body. Was insane.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: notsocommonthumb and Brus Wane
I have aspergers so these entities leave me alone. I never had a sleep paralysis nor do I remember any of my dreams unless I megadose with miligrams of melatonin.

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Nigger, notsocommonthumb and MoggerGaston
I was in full panic mode and trying to move every single muscle in my body, hands, arms, head, everything. I couldn't move at all: not like my muscles didn't respond to my intent to move, but like I was shackled, tied up. The chains/ropes were resisting my muscles trying to move my body.
Have you ever had a lucid dream? I had a few of them and the first one I ever had was the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced. They are so insanely realistic and you really can't discern the fact that it's only a dream (at least I couldn't because it was new to me)
Yes many, I have those quite often (several times per week). They can be interesting adventures, horror-stories, but they also tend to have A LOT of romance/sex in it.

I remember 2 lucid dreams I had this week. One was 2 days ago where I happened to be a 29yo attending high-school with ~16yo's.
There were rows in my class of 3 students seated next to each other. I was in one row in the middle, with a cute JB sitting next to me from both sides.
They were all over me. Not in a romantic/sexual way, but in a friendly/flirty way that definitely had potential for romance.
The problem of me being 29yo didn't even come up, the teacher in class didn't seem to care/notice either. Was heaven and what I missed in my own high-school time. Was insane.
Often though, the 'lucid' part of the dream (where you know you are dreaming and can also control the dream consciously) doesn't come until I wake up in the night, realize I was just dreaming, and then force my mind 'back into the dream' because I want it to continue. And now I can alter the way it went, go back in time within the dream to change aspects of the dream I didn't like, relive the story, and so on.

Other times it's a nightmare. They very often have to do with stress I have in my daily life.
Like I had a root canal treatment a couple of months ago and during that time I had a dream about losing all my teeth in a horror scenario:

They randomly started falling out of my mouth with black goo and blood covering it. Everyone around me started screaming.
This kind of horror shit..

• +1
Reactions: Nigger, notsocommonthumb and TechnoBoss
Demon squatting on your chest seems legit asf.

When I had it today, I felt like I woke up in some sort of laboratory and 'entities' were working on my body, performing surgery or an experiment or something. I saw shadows moving around in panic in my room as 'I wasn't supposed to wake-up this soon.'

I felt an entity touching my back, but I could only look forward, unable to move my head or my body. Was insane.

youre a drug user right?

do you think there's any correlation?

shits fucked up ... imagine a heeb waking up on Joe Mengele's table or something

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, notsocommonthumb and MoggerGaston

Spooky ass shit mang

That’s what mine is like, it’s just something indescribable like a black figure on my chest that is stopping me move like it’s putting pressure on my chest. I only get bad sleep paralysis when I come off a certain insomnia drug.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: notsocommonthumb, MoggerGaston and Brus Wane
I have sleep paralysis on a regular basis

That’s what mine is like, it’s just something indescribable like a black figure on my chest that is stopping me move like it’s putting pressure on my chest. I only get bad sleep paralysis when I come off a certain insomnia drug.
how long does it last?

• +1
Reactions: N1666, TechnoBoss, notsocommonthumb and 1 other person
A crazy wasted guy broke into my house several years ago. He had a knife and was threatening me. My young brother and I were the only ones home. I heard noise in my house and grabbed a baseball bat I keep under my bed and went to investigate thinking it was probably nothing. The guy came at me yelling incoherently and almost as a reflex I cracked on top his head with the bat. I think my adrenaline must have put more into the strike than I thought I was doing and the guy dropped immediately. I called the police and they arrived quickly but he was already gone. Crushed skull. I still have nightmares fairly often but can't picture how else it would have ended without me and possibly my brother being attacked.
It was the night before my family was planning to leave early in the morning for a trip, i dreamed that i heard my alarm going off and i woke up and couldn't open my eyes or move at all. I was laying on my back, which was strange since 99.9% of the time I sleep on my side. then i felt someone shaking my leg. I thought someone was waking me up so we could leave for our trip, but i couldn't get up. I was so stressed out that i was making everyone late and someone was shaking me harder and harder.
then i was able to open my eyes and move. nobody was there. it was 2am, we weren't leaving until 6am.
sometimes i wonder if it was him that day

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston, Brus Wane and TechnoBoss
youre a drug user right?

shits fucked up ... imagine a heeb waking up on Joe Mengele's table or something
Yeah, there's probably some correlation.

But I've always had very weird things happen to me in my sleep even before drug-use. I am also a sleep-walker for example, which is another really interesting phenomena.
You wake up in your bedroom, also hallucinating hard with people in your room, things you have to do, place you have to be, but you don't wake up from it and there is no paralysis. And it's not as scary or anything.

I've woken up in the middle of the night with the belief I needed to be at the airport ASAP for my holiday. I dressed up, quickly packed a bag with clothes, found my passport, phone, keys, everything. I left my appartement, started walking to the train-station(5min walk). Only once I arrived there, so this is like 30mins later, did I start to realize that nothing was making sense. I was sleeping and hallucinating.

There was no holiday, there was no vacation, no airport I needed to be.
Scariest thing is that I would've been perfectly capable of driving a car in this state etc.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and TechnoBoss
Had sleep paralysis every night for a year, you'll learn to ignore and forget about them if they happen to occur more often.:Comfy:

• Woah
Reactions: MoggerGaston and TechnoBoss
I was in full panic mode and trying to move every single muscle in my body, hands, arms, head, everything. I couldn't move at all: not like my muscles didn't respond to my intent to move, but like I was shackled, tied up. The chains/ropes were resisting my muscles trying to move my body.

Yes many, I have those quite often (several times per week). They can be interesting adventures, horror-stories, but they also tend to have A LOT of romance/sex in it.

I remember 2 lucid dreams I had this week. One was 2 days ago where I happened to be a 29yo attending high-school with ~16yo's.
There were rows in my class of 3 students seated next to each other. I was in one row in the middle, with a cute JB sitting next to me from both sides.
They were all over me. Not in a romantic/sexual way, but in a friendly/flirty way that definitely had potential for romance.
The problem of me being 29yo didn't even come up, the teacher in class didn't seem to care/notice either. Was heaven and what I missed in my own high-school time. Was insane.
Often though, the 'lucid' part of the dream (where you know you are dreaming and can also control the dream consciously) doesn't come until I wake up in the night, realize I was just dreaming, and then force my mind 'back into the dream' because I want it to continue. And now I can alter the way it went, go back in time within the dream to change aspects of the dream I didn't like, relive the story, and so on.

Other times it's a nightmare. They very often have to do with stress I have in my daily life.
Like I had a root canal treatment a couple of months ago and during that time I had a dream about losing all my teeth in a horror scenario:

They randomly started falling out of my mouth with black goo and blood covering it. Everyone around me started screaming.
This kind of horror shit..
Yeah, it's hard to keep your cool when that shit is happening in the moment and even harder to just randomly remember how to get out of it. I don't even know if it's possible to willingly recognize how to get out sleep paralysis in the moment but I've just heard people say it is.

Interesting. I've noticed my lucid dreams often involved sex or had women in it in general. I've been doing research on what causes lucid dreaming and as far as I know, it's due to your brain still being active while you're sleeping. I put 2+2 together when I realized that every time I had lucid dreams, it was when I was also doing A LOT of drugs that day. My brain was still releasing chemicals and shit while I slept because of the drugs.

Like you said, this often led to either me being with a woman in my sleep (never learned how to control it so most often a woman was just around me and we weren't having sex) or it was a straight-up nightmare that brought out my worst fears. All my lucid dreams always took place in my house, which made the dream feel more realistic. If I was sleeping and suddenly I was in some random nightmare landscape, I'd obviously know it was a dream.

You hit the nail on the head here. I was never able to fully control my dreams, but when I would wake up for a second and then go back to sleep, the dream was a little more controllable. If I was to fall asleep and I start having lucid dreams in the middle of the night before I wake up, I can't control it at all and it feels like I'm on rails watching it all happen. It's so different from a normal dream.

I genuinely think that lucid dreams and psychs like shrooms and LSD are the beginning steps to a journey of unlocking your full potential as a person. I'm working on discovering the exact combination to induce lucid dreams at will because as of right now, it's almost entirely random. I've discovered a correlation between drugs that increase GABA activity in your brain and chance of a lucid dream happening, as well as a correlation between dosages of what you take and the likelihood of a lucid dream happening. It would be cool to make some kind of drug that you can take before bed to induce lucid dreams at will.

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
youre a drug user right?

I think there is 100% a connection between drug use and the chance of things like sleep paralysis or lucid dreams occurring.

• Woah
Reactions: MoggerGaston and Brus Wane
Yeah, there's probably some correlation.

But I've always had very weird things happen to me in my sleep even before drug-use. I am also a sleep-walker for example, which is another really interesting phenomena.
You wake up in your bedroom, also hallucinating hard with people in your room, things you have to do, place you have to be, but you don't wake up from it and there is no paralysis. And it's not as scary or anything.

I've woken up in the middle of the night with the belief I needed to be at the airport ASAP for my holiday. I dressed up, quickly packed a bag with clothes, found my passport, phone, keys, everything. I left my appartement, started walking to the train-station(5min walk). Only once I arrived there, so this is like 30mins later, did I start to realize that nothing was making sense. I was sleeping and hallucinating.

There was no holiday, there was no vacation, no airport I needed to be.
Scariest thing is that I would've been perfectly capable of driving a car in this state etc.
this should be a sign to knock off the droogs mang

sleep walking to the airport is still ok

imagine driving off a bridge or some shit

• +1
how long does it last?
It’s not that long, max 30 seconds. The first time was strange and scary, but it’s happened many times so I get used to feeling/experience

• +1
Reactions: Brus Wane
It’s not that long, max 30 seconds. The first time was strange and scary, but it’s happened many times so I get used to feeling/experience

ahh I see ... internet seems to say these things max out at 10 minutes so ig ur kinda lucky

• Woah
Reactions: N1666
this should be a sign to knock off the droogs mang

sleep walking to the airport is still ok

imagine driving off a bridge or some shit
i used drugs for the last time on saturday-night. Alcohol last time on monday-night. Had sleep paralysis wednesday-night.
I don't find the correlation as clear for me personally.

wouldn't knock off the drugs over something like this.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
i used drugs for the last time on saturday-night. Alcohol last time on monday-night. Had sleep paralysis wednesday-night.
I don't find the correlation as clear for me personally.
Hmmmm
wouldn't knock off the drugs over something like this.
sounds like it bothers you that's why I suggested it

if it were me id just use alcohol and melatonin gummies to get a good nights sleep

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and MoggerGaston
I've had these before, but like very very few times. Maybe only a couple times in my entire life. This is already the 3rd one or so this calendar year

Essentially it came down to having a nightmare, then waking up in my bedroom with hallucinations of people trying to harm me in my room.

In full blown panic I would be trying to move my limbs and head to protect myself from harm and attack these figures. But I was unable to move. Unable to move my limbs: It felt like you were completely tied up, chained up.
lasted like 5-10 seconds while you are panicking intensely as you feel like you are about to be attacked.

Brutal and reminded me of @6ft4 simulation theory. The nightmare was my workplace where I uncovered a conspiracy going on against me. Kinda like the Truman Show where he uncovers the fact that everyone around him is fake and he has been tricked for years.

As I uncovered the conspiracy, my colleagues became visibly disturbed: I wasn't meant to find this, wasn't supposed to find out. They became hostile towards me and this is when I woke up with sleep paralysis.
This felt like waking up from the simulation, but still being chained/controlled by the people who put me in the simulation. They were still busy untying chains since they wanted me to believe it 'was just a dream'.

my brain is completely destroyed either that or simulation theory is true. Or perhaps my brain is destroyed because of this simulation.
try benadryl but for you, benedryl for babies

i used to get it a lot. i refuse to open my eyes when i had it now, because once i had it and saw a face next to me

• +1
Yeah, it's hard to keep your cool when that shit is happening in the moment and even harder to just randomly remember how to get out of it. I don't even know if it's possible to willingly recognize how to get out sleep paralysis in the moment but I've just heard people say it is.
I have had this strategy, since childhood already, that whenever I have a nightmare. Being chased by some entity, trying to escape, etc.

At some point I would realize it can only be fake, a dream, and my way to get out of the dream would be to let myself get killed. I would turn around and charge the monster, which would immediately slice me to pieces, rip my heart out, etc. And that would pretty much always wake me up and end the nightmare. Instead of being toyed with for minutes/hours.
Interesting. I've noticed my lucid dreams often involved sex or had women in it in general. I've been doing research on what causes lucid dreaming and as far as I know, it's due to your brain still being active while you're sleeping. I put 2+2 together when I realized that every time I had lucid dreams, it was when I was also doing A LOT of drugs that day. My brain was still releasing chemicals and shit while I slept because of the drugs.
Interesting it's closely correlated with your drugs-use. For me I can only see the correlation that drugs-use can increase short-term anxiety, which may have an effect on my dreams a few days from now. The same night that I use drugs I haven't had them yet.

Except on ketamine, but I feel like you aren't really sleeping when in a k-hole but in some sort of 'zoned out' state.

Like you said, this often led to either me being with a woman in my sleep (never learned how to control it so most often a woman was just around me and we weren't having sex) or it was a straight-up nightmare that brought out my worst fears. All my lucid dreams always took place in my house, which made the dream feel more realistic. If I was sleeping and suddenly I was in some random nightmare landscape, I'd obviously know it was a dream.
Yes, relatable! It's often in my own house and/or it's with people I know. Friends, relatives, colleagues start appearing and they would have the same personalities as IRL, giving extra realism to the dream.
You hit the nail on the head here. I was never able to fully control my dreams, but when I would wake up for a second and then go back to sleep, the dream was a little more controllable. If I was to fall asleep and I start having lucid dreams in the middle of the night before I wake up, I can't control it at all and it feels like I'm on rails watching it all happen. It's so different from a normal dream.
It's great isn't it? The adventures are insane, the best VR-reality that could ever exist honestly. It can be so beautiful.
I genuinely think that lucid dreams and psychs like shrooms and LSD are the beginning steps to a journey of unlocking your full potential as a person. I'm working on discovering the exact combination to induce lucid dreams at will because as of right now, it's almost entirely random. I've discovered a correlation between drugs that increase GABA activity in your brain and chance of a lucid dream happening, as well as a correlation between dosages of what you take and the likelihood of a lucid dream happening. It would be cool to make some kind of drug that you can take before bed to induce lucid dreams at will.
that would be insane

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
i used to get it a lot. i refuse to open my eyes when i had it now, because once i had it and saw a face next to me
I am somewhat love the fear, the panic, the adrenaline. It's incredibly interesting to me even though it scares the shit out of me.

But I tend to wake up tired asf after such night, it must really mess up with the sleep cycles, sleep quality.

• +1
Reactions: 2d v2
Had it 3 times. Never any demons etc, just like half asleep half woken up can't move feel trapped.
But I recognise it now so I stop panicking after 10s

• +1