Hair miniaturization and balding

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
So I took accutane and I’m trying to rule out if I’m diffuse male pattern balding on the top of my head (which can happen from accutane, it triggers it and accelerated it), or it’s telogen effluvium and just temporary.

So here’s why. I have these hairs falling out my head with a tiny white bulb. I want to know this

If I’m balding male pattern balding how does hair miniaturization work. The hairs that are coming out, should they look any different than a normal hair? Will they be miniaturized? What does that even entail? Thank you.

are you off accutane?

I need to know how to determine if I have MPB or telogen effluvium based on my hair fall. Will male pattern balding hairs look any different than telogen effluvium hairs. So far I would say I have TE but I want to be sure.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
I need to know how to determine if I have MPB or telogen effluvium based on my hair fall. Will male pattern balding hairs look any different than telogen effluvium hairs. So far I would say I have TE but I want to be sure.
Typically most hairloss will occur around the crown and temples + midscalp side hairs don’t usually get hit much

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Typically most hairloss will occur around the crown and temples + midscalp side hairs don’t usually get hit much
If you are losing hair in those areas, then its probably androgenic alopecia. Unless you have had significant changes to your health and lifestyle recently, telogen effluvium is not likely the culprit.

And no, they don't really look different at first, but the place where the normal hair fell will be replaced by a smaller hair. This happens until the hair gets so small it cannot even penetrate the skin anymore.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Miniturization hairs are literally miniturizized, super thin wispy hairs that fall out. It can be a sign of MPB or inflammation related hairloss. I don't think the so called Telogen Effluvium has miniturization

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9511