hair transplants need to be done twice for good density?

W

wristcel

Kraken
I've read that a few times today. Is it generally true?

I keep wondering if it's worth it, bearing in mind you have the 'ugly duckling' stage when the transplanted hair falls out, have to wait a year for the final result as it loos super sparse before that, and then after all that, you'll likely need to repeat the process again in order to get a good result!!? Plus the cost of 2 transplants

Is it worth it? Anyone here had one and pleased/displeased? Or anyone here wearing a hair system?!!

basically its almost impossible to get natural hair dentisty with HT

• +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer and LordNorwood
Got my hair transplant 3 weeks ago. I'm medium density naturally with curly black hair, so hopefully I'll have no density issues with the transplant, but I'm ready to apply Toppik if necessary for extra density. I went into the operation fully understanding that this was going to be an ongoing battle and not some set-and-forget thing.

• So Sad
Reactions: RAITEIII
If you have fine soft hair you will need at least 2, maybe more. If you have thicker hair, you may get a good result after 1.

Yes and like others have said you can't get natural density from it. I still think it's worth it but you should combine it with other treatments. Its retarded to think that an HT and an HT alone will solve all your issues.

Let's be clear though. There is a difference between natural density, usually around 80 to 100 fu per cm^2, and maximum percievable density, ie, the density at which having more hairs is not observable by the human eye at medium distance. This is usually accepted as being approx 40 fu per cn^2 , but again, this is biased towards people with thicker or darker individual hair strands. The reality is people with finer or lighter hair will need much closer to 80, lets say 60, fu per cm^2 to have a good perceived result. This will require multiple transplants and assumes they wont be fucked up, such as with some ARTAS fue nonsense

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
Let's be clear though. There is a difference between natural density, usually around 80 to 100 fu per cm^2, and maximum percievable density, ie, the density at which having more hairs is not observable by the human eye at medium distance. This is usually accepted as being approx 40 fu per cn^2 , but again, this is biased towards people with thicker or darker individual hair strands. The reality is people with finer or lighter hair will need much closer to 80, lets say 60, fu per cm^2 to have a good perceived result. This will require multiple transplants and assumes they wont be fucked up, such as with some ARTAS fue nonsense
Yes really good point. Just because it won't be natural density doesn't mean it won't look good. I've seen many amazing results. And for the reason you stated, most people don't notice that their hair is thinning until they've lost anywhere from like 30 to 50 percent of their density.

Cool. I guess in a way i'm less scared of a shit result now that I know i'll likely need 2 anyway.

But that's like 2 years of hiding from girls lol. Might be better off with a wig, tbh.

Cool. I guess in a way i'm less scared of a shit result now that I know i'll likely need 2 anyway.

But that's like 2 years of hiding from girls lol. Might be better off with a wig, tbh.
Imo its worth it for really good hair at the end. You could just rock a buzzcut for two years and it would look like you actually want to do it instead of that you're balding, which is way better.

Just get an unshaven fue

They do em in south korea

• Woah
Reactions: LordNorwood
Just get an unshaven fue

They do em in south korea
Yeah, I was gonna get an unshaven fue (they do them in Turkey too. More money of course)
But you will still look bad pretty soon once the new hair falls out and then SLOWLY grows back. You'd have to style it to hide the transplanted hair for a good 5 months or so, basically.
And then after 10 months it will look 'semi OK' at which point you'd need the 2nd hair transplant.
Either way, you have huge chunks during that time period where you look even worse (hence they call it 'ugly duckling stage')
I was hoping to back to Hungary or something soon and see if I can get laid again there, and the transplant thing puts a huge spanner in the works annoyingly
Imo its worth it for really good hair at the end. You could just rock a buzzcut for two years and it would look like you actually want to do it instead of that you're balding, which is way better.
True, Buzzcut is an option, but i'm WAY too ugly for that, and couldn't rock a buzz cut without at least getting a rhino (which is frightening for a guy! lol)

never heard of this
Yeah I've been looking into it myself for mid next year
Yeah, I was gonna get an unshaven fue (they do them in Turkey too. More money of course)
But you will still look bad pretty soon once the new hair falls out and then SLOWLY grows back. You'd have to style it to hide the transplanted hair for a good 5 months or so, basically.
And then after 10 months it will look 'semi OK' at which point you'd need the 2nd hair transplant.
Either way, you have huge chunks during that time period where you look even worse (hence they call it 'ugly duckling stage')
I was hoping to back to Hungary or something soon and see if I can get laid again there, and the transplant thing puts a huge spanner in the works annoyingly

True, Buzzcut is an option, but i'm WAY too ugly for that, and couldn't rock a buzz cut without at least getting a rhino (which is frightening for a guy! lol)
Does dense packing still not achieve adequate density? Luckily for me I look best with a fringe anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been looking into it myself for mid next year

Does dense packing still not achieve adequate density? Luckily for me I look best with a fringe anyway.
I think it 'can', if you have the right hair type and you see the very best surgeons like Juan Couto in Madrid or something, but lots of the 'dense packing' results i've seen look like they'll need a 2nd transplant.

check this video , those HT are insane

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
I think it 'can', if you have the right hair type and you see the very best surgeons like Juan Couto in Madrid or something, but lots of the 'dense packing' results i've seen look like they'll need a 2nd transplant.
Thicker hair strands are ideal? I also read different races tend to have more/less hairs per follicle.

Do you know of any good docs in South Korea? That's where I plan on going.

You dont need insane hair density for frontal hairline.