Hairline Lowering for High Hairline (pics)

mexrilla71

mexrilla71

Iron
25616301 8A0C 40D1 BC5E B5828AC0B93C

I am 16, dont think I am receding, just naturally high hairline but what can I do to shorten forehead/lower hairline? Forehead reduction or hair transplant? If I am receding will dermaroller help me?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9568
Lol moment

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8486
wants forehead reduction with nw1, i don't get you greycels anymore. 7K down the drain for you ig.

Just hide your forehead with your hair and later on pay $7000 for hairline lowering

• +1
Reactions: mexrilla71
If you are receding that is due to sensitivity to DHT which converts from testosterone. The conversion needs to be blocked with a 5-alpha-reductase Inhibitor like Finasteride or Dutasteride. But 16 is probably not the best time to be taking 5ar’s since you are still developing.

So I would recommend a topical DHT blocker like RU58841. This doesn’t stop the conversion of DHT, but stops a lot of the DHT from acting on the receptors near your hair follicles.

When you are 18 or 19 you could try 1mg Finasteride and discontinue if you have any rare side effects. You could also have blood drawn for precautionary hormone labs before taking the 5ar. While I usually don’t think that is necessary as benign as finasteride actually is (contrary to the Internet fear mongering) it could be useful in your young age.

Surgical:
Many criteria need to be met for male Scalp Advancment.

- You are too young at 16 to really know your personal hair history since Relevant MPB History doesn’t start until after puberty anyway. A couple of years post-puberty is nowhere near enough to gauge how stable your hairline is. At 18 would be the very easiest it could be considered if the hairline remains stable, and understanding that a later Hair Transplant over the scar may be necessary.
- You do have a high hairline but it is straight making it the ideal shape for scalp Advancment surgery If it remains the same for the next few years
- Scalp Advancment + a Smallr hair transplant can be a good option to consider years from now.
- You will not lower your hairline by non surgical means, but you could keep it stable for longer.

I don’t mean to make your concerns seem invalid because you are 16 - I know it’s a hard age and your concerns are real. But unfortunately there are a lot of limitations until you turn atleast 18. Many doctors will not consider hair transplant surgery until 25. Try to keep the idea of later surgery in the back of your mind, do what you can to prevent further hair loss as above. Focus on age appropriate things like school and athletics and revisit this idea when a little older.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: bimaximum, RAITEIII, Administrator and 1 other person
If you are receding that is due to sensitivity to DHT which converts from testosterone. The conversion needs to be blocked with a 5-alpha-reductase Inhibitor like Finasteride or Dutasteride. But 16 is probably not the best time to be taking 5ar’s since you are still developing.

So I would recommend a topical DHT blocker like RU58841. This doesn’t stop the conversion of DHT, but stops a lot of the DHT from acting on the receptors near your hair follicles.

When you are 18 or 19 you could try 1mg Finasteride and discontinue if you have any rare side effects. You could also have blood drawn for precautionary hormone labs before taking the 5ar. While I usually don’t think that is necessary as benign as finasteride actually is (contrary to the Internet fear mongering) it could be useful in your young age.

Surgical:
Many criteria need to be met for male Scalp Advancment.

- You are too young at 16 to really know your personal hair history since Relevant MPB History doesn’t start until after puberty anyway. A couple of years post-puberty is nowhere near enough to gauge how stable your hairline is. At 18 would be the very easiest it could be considered if the hairline remains stable, and understanding that a later Hair Transplant over the scar may be necessary.
- You do have a high hairline but it is straight making it the ideal shape for scalp Advancment surgery If it remains the same for the next few years
- Scalp Advancment + a Smallr hair transplant can be a good option to consider years from now.
- You will not lower your hairline by non surgical means, but you could keep it stable for longer.

I don’t mean to make your concerns seem invalid because you are 16 - I know it’s a hard age and your concerns are real. But unfortunately there are a lot of limitations until you turn atleast 18. Many doctors will not consider hair transplant surgery until 25. Try to keep the idea of later surgery in the back of your mind, do what you can to prevent further hair loss as above. Focus on age appropriate things like school and athletics and revisit this idea when a little older.
Thank you so much, this was very helpful, really appreciate you putting the time into that response. Will look into RU.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Don't use such dumbass phone camera. You will always look like receding mongoloid with those fish eye lenses. Take picture from distance with a good camera and then zoom on the face and head. Then you can see objective realtiy.

View attachment 731781
I am 16, dont think I am receding, just naturally high hairline but what can I do to shorten forehead/lower hairline? Forehead reduction or hair transplant? If I am receding will dermaroller help me?
Bro my hairline is exactly like yours wtf

wants forehead reduction with nw1, i don't get you greycels anymore. 7K down the drain for you ig.
Yeah off course this is nw1.......
:feelsgah::bluepill:

• +1
Reactions: mexrilla71