Hairline lowering surgery not worth it imo

researcher888

researcher888

Silver
as a forehead sufferer I contemplated it a lot and researched it like crazy, i concluded that for most men it's not worth it.

I am probably one of the leading experts on this surgery in the world, i read all the scientific papers on it, techniques, etc. I even had my own surgery booked. talked to friends that did it, got consults etc.

Look, strictly it's not a bad surgery. it can deliver good results. But it has serious drawbacks that the surgeons don't really talk about namely:

1) the scar

the scar itself can prevent some serious issues. there is a lot of variability in human skin and some people scar more than others (such as myself for example). not only can it scar severely, it can stretch literally basically deforming your head. you also have the problem of visibility. yes it;s always very visible except if its coronal, but that's only done on women. yes you can get a transplant over the scar, but look the issue is that you could have problems with graft placement inside the scar and your scar could be visible under certain conditions e.g. swimming, showering, in direct sunlight. you also have the problems with the hair transplant itself obvious of graft failure etc. if your transplant has any issue you are basically fucked. I mean look, people already have major shame due to fut scars on the back of the head, now imagine this scar on your forehead. its over.

2) future hairloss. first of all the procedure can cause your hair to thin, mostly temporarily but there are cases of permanent bald spots also caused by the scar. the problem with the procedure is that if you have any future hairloss you are completely fucked. or lets say in 10 years you have a wife and you start balding. maybe fin doesnt help. maybe you have a condition. who knows. the point is, if you lose your hair you are never able to buzz your head, shave it, anything like that. the problem is that generally people that have high hairlines also tend to have thinner hair and go bald more. I observed this many times. It's always the people with low dense hairlines like Ronaldo that stay NW1 for life. but most of the people that could benefit from this surgery are precisely the ones most likely to also bald additionally. finasteride is not a miracle cure for balding either. what will you do? you can say that you will commit to taking finasteride for life or some shit but you never know what will happen, alopecia areata, all kinds of things can happen to you.

3) nerve damage, numbness, scalp tightness, skin tightness, stretching with age. nobody talks about this but obviously you have the skin on your head for a reason. the side effects mentioned earlier are cited in every study as common side effects. if you are cutting 2+cm of skin out, stretching it out over your skull and putting it back that has severe complications, even if you say you don't care its hard to really say what will happen long term as there aren't any people that have had this done more than a few decades ago.

overall the problem with the procedure is that the risk of doing it in MEN is simply too high. thats the reason why most doctors actually only do it on females. females simply have a much lower chance of balding, plus they can hide the scar with makeup, which is why they are not concerned about it. they also have denser hair in general and baby hairs which can grow into the scar. what's most recommended for men with high hairlines in my opinion is getting a conservative hair transplant. if your hairline is high set unless you are a somali it probably somewhat fits your facial features, nordics often have this feature. people tend to forget that a hair transplant also makes your donor look thin and causes major scarring if you get a fade etc. but it's still preferable over having a massive scar on the top of your head.
]

here's an example of a person with a naturally high hairline but proportionate lower third. it's simply a feature that you may have but I don't believe cutting your scalp open horizontally, cutting out multiple cm of skin and then restitching is the a good solution for most men. fin.

• +1
Reactions: Oueyy, TUSSELEIF, user123456 and 2 others
that being said I have a friend that did this surgery + HT and he has a good result, he looks good, however in specific lightning his scar is still a bit visible if you look closely which I would not be comfortable with.

it really works a lot better on women because they have 0 risk of balding, more rounded hairlines (easier to do the incision), baby hairs, they can use makeup to hide it and they have longer and denser hair

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: hattrick
the problem with the surgery is also that most results online misrepresent the look of the scar, they use lightning and makeup to make it look better than it is but in real life the scar is a lot bigger and more visible than it seems from what i've seen. e.g. you have women coming in to take after picture with makeup on and they always make the pics a bit blurry.

very realistically it will look something like that up close unless you have above average scar healing. if you are comfortable with that then get it but it's not for me.

• +1
Reactions: JohnDoe
cope.

big forehead is a huge failo and looks killer

low hairline is superior aesthetically

• +1
Reactions: k99, agoostis, PrinceofDarkness and 1 other person
Good thread and you made the correct choice.

• +1
Reactions: researcher888
cope.

big forehead is a huge failo and looks killer

low hairline is superior aesthetically
nobody denies that a low hairline looks better thats not what the thread is about. the thread is about solutions for people with high hairlines.

Good thread and you made the correct choice.
yeah thanks I really think so too. I will get a conservative transplant and stick with a fringe. it is what it is.

• +1
Reactions: disheartenedcel and JohnDoe
nobody denies that a low hairline looks better thats not what the thread is about. the thread is about solutions for people with high hairlines.

yeah thanks I really think so too. I will get a conservative transplant and stick with a fringe. it is what it is.
the solution for high forehead is hairline reduction and laser for scar

or you can cope with fringe

the solution for high forehead is hairline reduction and laser for scar

or you can cope with fringe
i explained in the thread why forehead reductoin is not a good solution for most men but you can keep coping. get the surgery imo and report back on the scar for us.

• JFL
Reactions: dough
as a forehead sufferer I contemplated it a lot and researched it like crazy, i concluded that for most men it's not worth it.

I am probably one of the leading experts on this surgery in the world, i read all the scientific papers on it, techniques, etc. I even had my own surgery booked. talked to friends that did it, got consults etc.

Look, strictly it's not a bad surgery. it can deliver good results. But it has serious drawbacks that the surgeons don't really talk about namely:

1) the scar

the scar itself can prevent some serious issues. there is a lot of variability in human skin and some people scar more than others (such as myself for example). not only can it scar severely, it can stretch literally basically deforming your head. you also have the problem of visibility. yes it;s always very visible except if its coronal, but that's only done on women. yes you can get a transplant over the scar, but look the issue is that you could have problems with graft placement inside the scar and your scar could be visible under certain conditions e.g. swimming, showering, in direct sunlight. you also have the problems with the hair transplant itself obvious of graft failure etc. if your transplant has any issue you are basically fucked. I mean look, people already have major shame due to fut scars on the back of the head, now imagine this scar on your forehead. its over.

2) future hairloss. first of all the procedure can cause your hair to thin, mostly temporarily but there are cases of permanent bald spots also caused by the scar. the problem with the procedure is that if you have any future hairloss you are completely fucked. or lets say in 10 years you have a wife and you start balding. maybe fin doesnt help. maybe you have a condition. who knows. the point is, if you lose your hair you are never able to buzz your head, shave it, anything like that. the problem is that generally people that have high hairlines also tend to have thinner hair and go bald more. I observed this many times. It's always the people with low dense hairlines like Ronaldo that stay NW1 for life. but most of the people that could benefit from this surgery are precisely the ones most likely to also bald additionally. finasteride is not a miracle cure for balding either. what will you do? you can say that you will commit to taking finasteride for life or some shit but you never know what will happen, alopecia areata, all kinds of things can happen to you.

3) nerve damage, numbness, scalp tightness, skin tightness, stretching with age. nobody talks about this but obviously you have the skin on your head for a reason. the side effects mentioned earlier are cited in every study as common side effects. if you are cutting 2+cm of skin out, stretching it out over your skull and putting it back that has severe complications, even if you say you don't care its hard to really say what will happen long term as there aren't any people that have had this done more than a few decades ago.

overall the problem with the procedure is that the risk of doing it in MEN is simply too high. thats the reason why most doctors actually only do it on females. females simply have a much lower chance of balding, plus they can hide the scar with makeup, which is why they are not concerned about it. they also have denser hair in general and baby hairs which can grow into the scar. what's most recommended for men with high hairlines in my opinion is getting a conservative hair transplant. if your hairline is high set unless you are a somali it probably somewhat fits your facial features, nordics often have this feature. people tend to forget that a hair transplant also makes your donor look thin and causes major scarring if you get a fade etc. but it's still preferable over having a massive scar on the top of your head.
View attachment 2968692]

here's an example of a person with a naturally high hairline but proportionate lower third. it's simply a feature that you may have but I don't believe cutting your scalp open horizontally, cutting out multiple cm of skin and then restitching is the a good solution for most men. fin.
Also a too low hairline makes you look like you’re dumb and a retard ethnic. Models have big seeming foreheads nobody has a small one. There’s a reason the famous painter idealised the long skulls, that is they look better.

• +1
Reactions: researcher888
Also a too low hairline makes you look like you’re dumb and a retard ethnic. Models have big seeming foreheads nobody has a small one. There’s a reason the famous painter idealised the long skulls, that is they look better.
which painter? need this cope.

ah i see now lol
+ nobody really needs these surgeries in here. They say gymmaxing and flirting is cope but that’s what makes women wet. Not a lefort 1. I know a woman who got lefort and it was because her face was mangled after a car crash not because she was crying on incel forums

• +1
Reactions: chadxn, RealNinja and researcher888
+ nobody really needs these surgeries in here. They say gymmaxing and flirting is cope but that’s what makes women wet. Not a lefort 1. I know a woman who got lefort and it was because her face was mangled after a car crash not because she was crying on incel forums
high iq. why even post here?

jfl this dumb dipshit has legit made 3 thread in a row talking about how the safer surgery out out more is a failure. You genetic dead end fucker :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul: make about 3 more so the cope can stay in your brain.

Yeah if you have agressive balding in the first place (wich is my case) then this procedure is not recommended. We just got to do an hairtransplant and pray for hair cloning in the future.

What about that new drug that fades scars? Apparently some clinics are already using it.

Forgot the name of it ??

• +1
Reactions: k99
What about that new drug that fades scars? Apparently some clinics are already using it.

Forgot the name of it ??
Verteporfin. I wouldn’t get this surgery unless verteporfin works as intended and was used

do we have any updates on verterporfin being used for forehead reduction
Not that I am aware of. It would just be used to prevent the scar. Things are moving slow on the verteporfin front