Has anyone else ever had an innate sense of 'lookism'?

Festrunk

Festrunk

Diamond
I'm not sure what to call it, but that's the best word I could think of.

I remember a lot of my adolescence(elementary school), teenage years, and still even to this day thinking things like, "I'm too ugly to get mad," or want to do a stupid/cheesy thing and just thinking you're too ugly to do something like that and you'd just look retarded and embarrass yourself?

Did/does anyone else experience stuff like this?

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos, SHARK and Immanuel
no

• +1
Reactions: Festrunk
Yeah it's innate. Then society teaches men that it's not true.

instinct or intuition

Yeah it's innate. Then society teaches men that it's not true.
Yeah, I feel like if I told this to most people they'd say I had BDD or Self-Esteem issues and that I just need confidence but the reality is that my way of thinking was and is more in line with how things actually work.

I became a lookist when everyone at my age hit puberty before me, it's hard not to be one if ppl keep reminding u at school that u look "different"

Sometimes u lose a discussion, just because u are ugly. i remember arguing with 2 numb skulls back in hs, the class was listening us. My arguments were thought out and I kind of roasted them, then one of them said "at least i dont look like a crack addict" which wasn't even related to our topic, yet the whole class started laughing. Another guy told me "its okay, u got owned". Basically everyone thought I lost the discussion because of some shallow comment about my looks

Last edited:
I didn't really have to think about it. I just wouldn't ever dare do something chad would do because I know I wouldn't have been treated the same as him if I did it.

• +1
Reactions: Festrunk
I stayed away from roast sessions, my fucked up/slanted hairline and sub 5 face would easily be called out.

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos and SHARK
Yes. Whenever I daydream I think the opposite way ‘I’m too gl to get angry’, etc. Over for daydreamcels.