Has anyone made any progress from ab training or is it a meme?

12percentorbust

Iron
Feel like having a defined core and abs is just about being lean and not doing cope bodyweight routines. How do you even train abs correctly?

Lol

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 11143, Good_Little_Goy and 5 others
I did huge progress from that

• +1
Reactions: Vergil.is
body fat faggot

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
im too lazy

theyre muscles too they grow and they shrink but diet is a huge factor

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11143
Squats and deadlifts are all you need for ab training.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Toth's thot, Kmscurry, Bert7 and 3 others
Abs are like other muscles, its better to train them with weights. Dont forget about your obliques aswell.
Bodyfat is cope, ive seen dudes with visible abs at 15% but its kind of genetics aswell

the abdominal region has musculature just like any other part of the body. i don't understand why people can't see that increasing musculature of the area increases definition just like any other body part. there's a reason skinny anorexic dudes with zero muscle have no abs despite having zero body fat, and buff guys can have abs even at around 15% even up to 20% in some cases

96062409-skinny-young-man-with-anorexia-on-grey-background.jpg
Konstantin-Konstantinovs.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11536, Torero, datboijj and 7 others
Squats and deadlifts are all you need for ab training.
dont think so tbh, being strong on compounds gives you a strong core but not the aesthetic effect of a hypertrophied core

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10536
You need get lean to able make them more visible...

they literally don't even involve the primary functions of the abdominal muscles
It's just cope for strength tards.
Like wtf you're even going to use your strength for nowadays? Because you really need to lug around huge pieces of lumber or carry 10000 bricks a day somewhere. Such a retarded concept, I swear.
Lifting should be and is about two and only two things. Health and aesthetics. You have to be retarded to do deadlifts and other cope strength lifts. Smh...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, IWantToMax, ManzareK and 3 others
Like wtf you're even going to use your strength for nowadays? Because you really need to lug around huge pieces of lumber or carry 10000 bricks a day somewhere. Such a retarded concept, I swear.
Lifting should be and is about two and only two things. Health and aesthetics. You have to be retarded to do deadlifts and other cope strength lifts. Smh...

• Hmm...
aesthetics = women
health = personal wellbeing
strength = ego-raiser for literal "gymcels" by the true definition of the term, people who have nothing else and just rot their life lifting and doing lifting alone

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IWantToMax, Need2Ascend, tyronelite and 3 others
It is 90% diet and lean bf, but yeah they can be hypertrophied, however if you're a true fatcell, then likelihood is you have been working those muscles a hell of a lot all your life just carrying your fatass around, so you probably have decent abs underneath already.
Cut the fat first, then see if there is any real benefit after that to working the core, but don't do bodyweight, you need to go heavy to hypertrophy

• JFL
Reactions: boss8055
aesthetics = women
health = personal wellbeing
strength = ego-raiser for literal "gymcels" by the true definition of the term, people who have nothing else and just rot their life lifting and doing lifting alone
Bruh I do squats and deadlifts and look aesthetic. They burn fat and help you keep off that fat by building considerable amounts of leg muscle. Low iq if you don't squat and deadlift.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, LastHopeForNorman and KnoxHarrington
And what's the point, if he looks like a bloated gorilla? He needs to drop the ego and bloat, he'd look great then at least.
gorillamaxxed

xAXDF5Cy.jpg

n8jkfv3t6wj31.jpg

c4f874f8c0d5a5474d2b5cab8c21fd56.png

• Hmm...
I lift for aesthetics primarily. I think you’re underestimating the power of looking strong in today’s world. In the USA, especially CA and big cities, men are overwhelmingly fat and weak. Being in any kind of shape makes you stand out like crazy. I otherwise agree.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, Deleted member 9511 and Deleted member 6573
Bruh I do squats and deadlifts and look aesthetic. They burn fat and help you keep off that fat by building considerable amounts of leg muscle. Low iq if you don't squat and deadlift.
Agree. Being aesthetic in a gymmaxxed way is impossible without being strong.

please don’t @ me about Paul walker looking dudes not needing to lift. Of course they don’t.

I lift for aesthetics primarily. I think you’re underestimating the power of looking strong in today’s world. In the USA, especially CA and big cities, men are overwhelmingly fat and weak. Being in any kind of shape makes you stand out like crazy. I otherwise agree.
I literally said that what matters is how you look only and not what your ego 1rm lifts are.

I literally said that what matters is how you look only and not what your ego 1rm lifts are.

And here I was thinking you weren’t a low iq fuck stain.

You dumb asshole. You think looking strong is unrelated to your actual strength? Having a good deadlift max or squat max doesn’t impact your leg and overall mass aesthetics?

You dumb asshole.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6573 and Deleted member 10536
And here I was thinking you weren’t a low iq fuck stain.

You dumb asshole. You think looking strong is unrelated to your actual strength? Having a good deadlift max or squat max doesn’t impact your leg and overall mass aesthetics?

You dumb asshole.
If you'd lift, then you'd know that strength is unrelated to looking good.
You've probably never even heard a word such as hypertrophy in your life.
Fuck off.
I meet plenty of shit heads irl who are "big" and "strong" they look like absolute shit, more like pigs. Serves them absolutely 0 in regards to anything, besides looking like bloated up shits and retarded meatheads, which their entire life revolves around picking up a heavy weight and putting it down. Imagine being a 50iq gorilla with a sole purpose of lifting weight up and down.
I laugh at retards like you. LAUGH.
Don't even reply to me, dog.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292, IWantToMax and tyronelite
Fuck off.
I meet plenty of shit heads irl who are "big" and "strong" they look like absolute shit, more like pigs. Serves them absolutely 0 in regards to anything, besides looking like bloated up shits and retarded meatheads, which their entire life revolves around picking up a heavy weight and putting it down. Imagine being a 50iq gorilla with a sole purpose of lifting weight up and down.

I don’t share photos of myself but I could show you my 20 inch arms and my family has been involved in bodybuilding. But yeah.... what’s hypertrophy?

You dumb asshole. I’m NOT talking about being a fat ass powerlifter. But if you think dudes like Jeff Seid and Oliver forslin don’t have DESCENT maxes, you’re an idiot.

Unless you are jacked, like me, don’t even open your dumb fucking mouth again bitch.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman and Gremblo
Yes bro. The bar is set so low for men today. 60% of men walking the streets have disgusting skinnyfat physiques. The other 30% are obese. Lifting for 6 months will put you well above average already.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Fuck off.
Chasing lbs on the bar at the expense of everything else will obviously ruin your aesthetics. Nobody here is advocating for that. Stay lean but progressively overload on your big lifts. Big lifts (squats & deadlifts) build basic mass.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Lmao at not training abs because you squat and deadlift that’s literally ass backwards thinking. You’d have to do an insane amounts of sets of dead’s/ squats to reach ur maximum recoverable volume for abs, not directly training your abs or any muscle for that matter is retarded

Last edited:
Just do few sets of standing ab wheel , farmer walks and other compounds and you are good. :chad:

Abs are like other muscles, its better to train them with weights. Dont forget about your obliques aswell.
Bodyfat is cope, ive seen dudes with visible abs at 15% but its kind of genetics aswell
Depends on where they store fat as well. I am like 17% bodyfat with visible abs

Depends on where they store fat as well. I am like 17% bodyfat with visible abs
impressive tbh are they visible under all lighting? how much ab training have u done and how advanced is ur physique generally?

impressive tbh are they visible under all lighting? how much ab training have u done and how advanced is ur physique generally?
Pretty shitty lighting tho
SAVE 20201227 091604

I never do any direct ab workouts but I skated for about 3.5 yrs and been away from my board for about 6 months now. I have been going to the gym for about 2 months now and current stat is 155lbs at 5'10. And yeah 6 pack abs are visible under most lighting but don't have a defined one right now.

Pretty shitty lighting tho
View attachment 892133

I never do any direct ab workouts but I skated for about 3.5 yrs and been away from my board for about 6 months now. I have been going to the gym for about 2 months now and current stat is 155lbs at 5'10. And yeah 6 pack abs are visible under most lighting but don't have a defined one right now.
not bad considering the bf% tbh, u also look like u have a thin waist so it’s definitely worth getting leaner

not bad considering the bf% tbh, u also look like u have a thin waist so it’s definitely worth getting leaner

Yep, my plan is to lean bulk to 180lbs while maintaining abs and do body recomp and just maintain the physique throughout

Yep, my plan is to lean bulk to 180lbs while maintaining abs and do body recomp and just maintain the physique throughout
putting on 25lbs while maintaining the level of abs is very difficult tbh u would have to do it very slowly and you have to be a beginner pretty much

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry
putting on 25lbs while maintaining the level of abs is very difficult tbh u would have to do it very slowly and you have to be a beginner pretty much
Yep true, that's my goal for the next 3-5 years as I'm pretty happy with my current physique

So glutes, forearms, back and traps aren't aesthetic?