Has anyone made real friends outside of high school/college?

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
Has anyone here actually made friends outside of school? I hear tons of advice but does anyone actually have a personal story of how they made friends? I'm talking about real friends that invite you to parties and shit. Not just gym buddies or acquaintances.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, BrettyBoy, Looks234 and 6 others
Nope.

You really need time to bond with someone. And that is quite easy in school or at a job what basically forces you. But when it comes to gym buddies or acquaintances you just need to spend time with them.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 15099, MiroslavBulldosex and 7 others
no, i'm pretty sure 99% of people with friends, their friends are either from school or their work place

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, MiroslavBulldosex, CursedOne and 8 others
no, i'm pretty sure 99% of people with friends, their friends are either from school or their work place
What's a good workplace to make friends from? I went to 6 different schools due to retarded parents so couldn't make any long-term friends.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: CursedOne and SPFromNY914
What's a good workplace to make friends from? I went to 6 different schools due to retarded parents so couldn't make any long-term friends.
idk what's a good workplace for making friends tbh i'm only 16 so i have zero idea about that, but i know for a fact most friends are made at school or at your job

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
It is very, very difficult to find "friends" outside of school / university after a certain age. After this time, most people don't want / need more people in their social environment. I only made new friends through hobbies like fishing and fitness.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, PrisonMike, gamma and 5 others
It is very, very difficult to find "friends" outside of school / university after a certain age. After this time, most people don't want / need more people in their social environment. I only made new friends through hobbies like fishing and fitness.
It's completely over for me then.

• +1
Reactions: delusionalretard and Deleted member 1476
Fast food

No, and you realize that people from high school arent't your friends either.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: tombradylover, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 8765 and 16 others
Yes, the brother of a friend from high-school. We went to his house often to play video games and watch movies, so eventually I became even closer friends with his brother. But we were all nerds so no parties or shit...
Also back in my time, you could easily make friends with the other people living in the same building, there was no Internet back then, not many TV channels, my town was relatively small, and there very few bars, clubs or recreational places, there was literally nothing to do inside so most people just stayed outside almost from morning until evening, every building had some benches were people sat, discussed, played cards, chess, etc., so you could easily make friends with your neighbors especially if you were about the same age.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Golgo13, Deleted member 7098 and 2 others
I became friends with @LooksOverAll on looksmax.

• +1
Reactions: ElySioNs and Deleted member 7725
"Friends" are just people with somewhat shared interest over a given period of time.

School and work is the majority of life.

Then you have the socialites who cope by doing degenerate activities on the weekend (aka bars + clubs).

Then you have the illusion of socialization via internet.

What I've learned is that you have to force yourself to maneuver interpersonally with those you might not particularly care for just to avoid going insane from loneliness.

We're all using each other. Interdependency.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, incel194012940, Preoximerianas and 7 others
"Friends" are just people with somewhat shared interest over a given period of time.

Then you have the socialites who cope by doing degenerate activities on the weekend (aka bars + clubs).

What I've learned is that you have to force yourself to maneuver interpersonally with those you might not particularly care for just to avoid going insane from loneliness.

Don't think so. Those are acquaintances. Friends hang out with each other and do activities outside of their common place (school, work, etc).

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena

no friends in guessing

Has anyone here actually made friends outside of school? I hear tons of advice but does anyone actually have a personal story of how they made friends? I'm talking about real friends that invite you to parties and shit. Not just gym buddies or acquaintances.
I'm lucky to have my friends outside of highschool who sticked with me, basically I cut toxic people from my life and treat my homies right

Yeah, they come and go. They're very easy to make when you live a nomadic lifestyle, but when they're gone you usually never see them again.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
I'm lucky to have my friends outside of highschool who sticked with me, basically I cut toxic people from my life and treat my homies right
How'd you meet them?

How'd you meet them?
I met them in highschool :lul: but generally meeting people is probably possible through common interests, clubs and activities like that. shared interests are pretty good to start and showing interest and getting contact info to stay in touch is important.

I went up to this lake recently and talked for 30 minutes with this guy about melee. and also maybe you can meet people through a job

Yeah but thanks to friends that I’ve met from school. Otherwise it’s pretty hard. Especially if you’re in your thirties or more

Basketball court lol.

How do people even make "true" friends in college? In high school yeah, real freinds can be made cus ur only like 14 but from like day 1 of college everyone just wanted to party, you don't make true friends by partying.

Maybe it's cus im an introvert but I only have like 1 true friend in my life. It just feels like everyone either is a snake or is only there for a good time.

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13, RftH and thereallegend
Outside of school/work how I make friends is at gyms, clubs, bars, and friends of friends.

Outside of school/work how I make friends is at gyms, clubs, bars, and friends of friends.
How do you make friends at the gym? Seems like everyone just lifts on their own. Do you mean basketball/tennis or something?

Are you on a nofap streak rn? And for how long? When was the last time you tapped? (Sorry my brain is in autism mode and I need this data for my theory and to cope with the lake of T in it rn)

Are you on a nofap streak rn? And for how long? When was the last time you tapped? (Sorry my brain is in autism mode and I need this data for my theory and to cope with the lake of T in it rn)
No.

Lol imagine thinking real friends exist irl

How do you make friends at the gym? Seems like everyone just lifts on their own. Do you mean basketball/tennis or something?
I come up to people and start conversations. I comment on their shoes or clothes or the exercise they’re doing just random shit

• +1
I don t want friends
Waste of Time

• +1
Reactions: Golgo13
Find a profession where social circles are made such as being a doctor, ect

Pick up basketball.

Basketball has a culture more immersed in NT shit (girls, parties and sht) compared to other sports.

• +1
I made 1 but obly through classmates so no idea if that counts :ogre:

Pick up basketball.

Basketball has a culture more immersed in NT shit (girls, parties and sht) compared to other sports.
Already played it. Basketball doesn't work for geeky white boys. All my teammates were thugmaxxed Tyrones and wanted nothing to do with me.

I literally went to a party that was announced on 4chan, its getting easier now because loners will find each other through web no matter what age

and if someone is such a miserable cunt that work prevents them from wanting any new connections past school you don't want them anyway (they tend to be total drones)

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, samm735 and Deleted member 6963
Let's create a Whatsapp group of .org users who talk regularly with each other and have meetings every few months and give life advice. The bonding will be awesome, best community ever.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, ifyouwannabemylover and Deleted member 6963
Let's create a Whatsapp group of .org users who talk regularly with each other and have meetings every few months and give life advice. The bonding will be awesome, best community ever.
can't trust some people on here with your phone number and real name

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Deleted member 7725 and Deleted member 6963
yep often tbh

last time was in the gym 3-4 weeks ago with a couple of guys

we went out every friday and saturday since then

• Love it
Reactions: .👽.
yep often tbh

last time was in the gym 3-4 weeks ago with a couple of guys

we went out every friday and saturday since then
damn bro u Alive? OG user. r u still in the Relationship with that girl from the gym?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 1140
damn bro u Alive? OG user. r u still in the Relationship with that girl from the gym?
yea still with her, we still train together

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and .👽.
yh i friendzone a lot of girls from tinder and bumble and keep them around bc i enjoy the company lol.

tend to make random friends with ppl on nights out and friends of friends too.