Has anyone used accutane here?

jojoyou

jojoyou

One bad day away from being me
I use tret 0.05% for my face but I do get cystic acne breakouts once in few months And then another few months for the acne marks to fade away, it’s a never lasting cycle and I am tired of it tbh. I have like one cystic spot on my jaw and one on my forehead. Will a dermatologist prescribe me accutane if ask them? I want to nuke my acne forever tbh.

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister and Nick.Harte
Don't use Accutane it's poison

• +1
Reactions: BongMog
On Accutane here. I think your derm will prescribe you if you told her that you tried everything else but did not work. This is what mine did. I'm two months away until my treatment is over and I did not get any acne so far. Side effects I'm experiencing :

* Dry eyes and lips
*Drowsiness
*Blurred vision

My skin has improved but sometimes I think I made a mistake by going on this shit.

• Woah
Reactions: jojoyou
On Accutane here. I think your derm will prescribe you if you told her that you tried everything else but did not work. This is what mine did. I'm two months away until my treatment is over and I did not get any acne so far. Side effects I'm experiencing :

* Dry eyes and lips
*Drowsiness
*Blurred vision

My skin has improved but sometimes I think I made a mistake by going on this shit.
Did you get cystic acne or something for the derm to prescribe you accutane or is it just you told her that nothing worked? Also how bad are the dry eyes and lips? No nose bleeding? How long is your accutane course? What’s your age?why do you think it’s a mistake to be on accutane?

• +1
Reactions: Nick.Harte
Did you get cystic acne or something for the derm to prescribe you accutane or is it just you told her that nothing worked? Also how bad are the dry eyes and lips? No nose bleeding? How long is your accutane course? What’s your age?why do you think it’s a mistake to be on accutane?
Yeah, I had cystic acne before that. So basically, I told her the truth. I tried oral antibiotics and the skin cleared up but it was just temporary. I tried a couple of creams, which I don't even remember the names and nothing worked.

Dry eyes and lips :

No that bad though. You just need to use eye drops and lip balm. I got my vision checked twice in the last 3 months, and they have not deteriorated. The blurriness will go away when you use the eye drops and permanently when you're done with accutane.

My lips aren't that dry and I do fine with the lip balm.

Nose bleeding:
I experienced a little bit of nose bleeding at the start and it went away after a couple of weeks. I don't have that now.

I feel a bit drowsy when I'm on this shit but nothing too serious.

My Accutane course is a 6-month one.

The only reason I regret going on Accutane is because I'm afraid that I will not grow taller. I wouldn't give a fuck if I was satisfied with my height. Honestly, my skin is not perfect but is better than before.

Same I want to die and after months of begging I got prescribed accutane but don’t know if I should try retinol first cause of side effects