Have a slight overbite, can elastics be a good thing or no?

Deleted member 13854

Deleted member 13854

Make Love Not War
Ortho wanted to push my upper teeth back to match my lower teeth, with braces, so I said no. Should I ask for elastics to correct my bite, or which option would you guys recommend other than surgery?

Invisalign would be a better choice

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758 and Deleted member 13854
just mew bro

Never do this. I had orthodontic camouflage with rubber bands and it left me looking recessed despite no more overbite. It'll only align your teeth, not your jaws

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, Deleted member 2729 and casadebanho
No. bimax because a pushed back midface does not look nice

• +1
Reactions: pizza
Never do this. I had orthodontic camouflage with rubber bands and it left me looking recessed despite no more overbite. It'll only align your teeth, not your jaws
Any idea why doctors when trying to correct overbites pull the upper teeth backward, instead of pushing the lower teeth forward? Why do they want to recess people

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758, Deleted member and Sal
Any idea why doctors when trying to correct overbites pull the upper teeth backward, instead of pushing the lower teeth forward? Why do they want to recess people
They are jews and deserve die

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25566, Deleted member, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 4 others
they do both

I already know your answer, make your overbite worse and get jaw surgery, this is no joke,become a birdcel

I already know your answer, make your overbite worse and get jaw surgery, this is no joke,become a birdcel
Why not just get lower jaw surgery and call it a day? I think that's what I'll do since all other options ensure you'll be recessed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Deleted member 8758
ngl all doctors that employ this technique should be deported to siberia
i cant blame them they learned it from school , blame the school tbh

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758 and Deleted member 2729
i cant blame them they learned it from school , blame the school tbh
jfl people should think for themselves. They are fucking doctors they are supposed to give their procedures a second thought. But they just wan't money so they dgaf they are basically greedy jews

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Deleted member 8758 and 1 other person
jfl people should think for themselves. They are fucking doctors they are supposed to give their procedures a second thought. But they just wan't money so they dgaf they are basically greedy jews
yeah true if i ever became / dentist, ortho or surgeon i would 100% all the knowledge i have

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8758 and Deleted member 2729
Fuck them, go surgery

Fuck them, go surgery
I don't think surgery is going to fix dental malocclusion. if pulling your upper teeth back 3mm or something leaves you looking recessed then you were fucked to begin with.

braces are probably fine unless you get extractions or some shit, it just corrects your teeth. can still get surgery afterwards. people just need a boogeyman.

how are you supposed to fix this with surgery?

surgery changes your bones. if your teeth protrude forward, obviously you need to pull them back somehow.

what does @Sergio-OMS think about this?

Last edited:
I don't think surgery is going to fix dental malocclusion. if pulling your upper teeth back 3mm or something leaves you looking recessed then you were fucked to begin with.

braces are probably fine unless you get extractions or some shit, it just corrects your teeth. can still get surgery afterwards. people just need a boogeyman.

how are you supposed to fix this with surgery?

surgery changes your bones. if your teeth protrude forward, obviously you need to pull them back somehow.

what does @Sergio-OMS think about this?

Bump this
This is EXACTLY the approach I am taking. Hope I’m not gonna get ogred

ngl all doctors that employ this technique should be deported to siberia
It isn't that bad u idiot :lul: Even if it does "recess your maxilla" your mandible is moving forward and your breathing is improving signifcantly.
Not to mention the increase in harmony

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
It isn't that bad u idiot :lul: Even if it does "recess your maxilla" your mandible is moving forward and your breathing is improving signifcantly.
Not to mention the increase in harmony
your mandible is not moving forward you mongoloid mutt creature

your mandible is not moving forward you mongoloid mutt creature
yes it is
my mandible has considerably improved on elastics
no change in maxilla at all
i actually look more forward grown