Have i actually gained muscle or is it just glycogen storage?

AbandonShip

AbandonShip

Kraken
my biceps increased from 12" to 12.8" in 15 days.

Can you gain muscle that quick? I feel that it's just water and glycogen storage.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401

• +1
Y, it's impossible, even if you have noob gains

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Chadeep and AbandonShip
Glycogen stores.

Remember to take all weight and body part measurements immediately upon waking and excretion of bodily waste for the most consistent and meaningful measurements.

• +1
Glycogen stores.

Remember to take all weight and body part measurements immediately upon waking and excretion of bodily waste for the most consistent and meaningful measurements.
I take them in the morning when dehydrated and after pooping

• +1
I take them in the morning when dehydrated and after pooping
Sounds good.

A 12-inch bicep tells me you're new to lifting. How long have you been doing it?

• +1
Sounds good.

A 12-inch bicep tells me you're new to lifting. How long have you been doing it?
15 days.
Gained 0.8" on upper arms in this time period without pump.
Forearms increased by only 0.25" tho

I am still small but look way better than i used to 15-20 days ago

• +1
15 days.
Gained 0.8" in this time period without pump.
Forearms increased by only 0.25" tho

I am still small but look way better than i used to 15-20 days ago
Lifting increases fluid retention in the muscles. This makes glycogen more readily available and increases muscle protein synthesis. It sounds like you're on the right track. Though, I wouldn't take measurements like this any more frequently than every 4 weeks. The road to a 15-inch bicep will be long and grueling.

• +1
Lifting increases fluid retention in the muscles. This makes glycogen more readily available and increases muscle protein synthesis. It sounds like you're on the right track. Though, I wouldn't take measurements like this any more frequently than every 4 weeks. The road to a 15-inch bicep will be long and grueling.
I'll be happy with 14" tbh.
I just want to look human

• +1
glycogen stores + measurement errors. Tbf you can grow your biceps by rpobably 2 inches in one cycle if youre a newbie

• +1
glycogen stores + measurement errors. Tbf you can grow your biceps by rpobably 2 inches in one cycle if youre a newbie
I take my measurements the same way.
Lol at thinking i measured wrong. I am a measurement expert.

How long does it take for glycogen to deplete? I want to see how much muscle I really gained

• +1
I take my measurements the same way.
Lol at thinking i measured wrong. I am a measurement expert.

How long does it take for glycogen to deplete? I want to see how much muscle I really gained

There is inherent measurement error when measuring your own arms, defo atleast +/- 0.2 inch in it

• +1
I'll be happy with 14" tbh.
I just want to look human
You need at least 15 to look like you lift to the general population. When I had 14 inches, people were telling me I should start lifting.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and AbandonShip
You need at least 15 to look like you lift to the general population. When I had 14 inches, people were telling me I should start lifting.
13.5" is average for men. Keep in mind that the average guy is like 25℅ bf.

14" arms at 10-12℅ bf is a good size

• +1

Average men don't look like they lift and neither do skinny track-and-field athletes.

• +1
theres only so much precision on a measuring tape, you cant be sure youve got it exactly round the peak eacht time you cant measure to within .1 inches accurately

13.5'' might be average for a 40 year old fat american but its pretty big for a lean teenage guy, 14 inches lean it pretty decent but nothing speical, wont be attracting loads of attention from sloots. I had 16.5s last time i measured but im off gear now and only doing home workouts so prob a bit smaller

• +1