Have you seen improvement in acne from finasteride?

gymislife

gymislife

Mistral
It lowers dht so that should help, however it can increase test which can cause acne aswell, have you noticed any difference in acne since starting fin?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and WadlowMaxxing
Don’t have a problem with acne itself but my overall sebum production got reduced.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and gymislife
Don’t have a problem with acne itself but my overall sebum production got reduced.
interesting, thanks, I have insane sebum production on my nose which BP or retinoids don't do anything about, so hopefully fin will help..

Leave your hormones alone, they’re not really the cause of acne. Sure, testosterone does “trigger” acne, but not really. Testosterone only increases sebum production, and if your skin exfoliates well it should be no problem, because sebum exits your pores with ease. Now if you have trash skin exfoliation genetics, like I do, then you need something to help you get rid of all that dead skin. For me Adapalene worked wonders, although it takes 2-4 months to fully work.

Leave your hormones alone, they’re not really the cause of acne. Sure, testosterone does “trigger” acne, but not really. Testosterone only increases sebum production, and if your skin exfoliates well it should be no problem, because sebum exits your pores with ease. Now if you have trash skin exfoliation genetics, like I do, then you need something to help you get rid of all that dead skin. For me Adapalene worked wonders, although it takes 2-4 months to fully work.
I use finasteride for hair loss mainly not for skin, just wondering if it can help with sebum production/acne, I am already on epiduo and tretinoin

I use finasteride for hair loss mainly not for skin, just wondering if it can help with sebum production/acne, I am already on epiduo and tretinoin
Sebum production is good, it keeps your skin healthy and moisturized. You only need to make sure that your pores aren’t blocked, and I think tretinoin will solve the issue.

• +1
Reactions: gymislife