HELP ME WITH MUSCLES

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
So I want to train some muscles daily at home, with other muscles done non-daily at the gym.

in the gym:
  • arms
  • shoulders
  • chest
  • back
at home
  • neck
  • forearms
  • calves
  • glutes
  • abs

idc for legs because my hobbies work them enough by their own

my question is: what 1 exercise for each at home muscle can i progressively overload on in the least amount of time? For example for neck im doing neck curls but i have no clue for the rest of those muscles

Yes you can train lagging muscles everyday and grow them via nucleus overload. Try to take at least one day a week off though. I train neck everyday with one day off.

• +1
Reactions: Lux and Deleted member 7076
Yes you can train lagging muscles everyday and grow them via nucleus overload. Try to take at least one day a week off though. I train neck everyday with one day off.
ik, but that wasnt answering my question lol

ik, but that wasnt answering my question lol
Forearm curls, calf raises with dumbells, weighted sit-ups. Glutes are hard to do at home you need to do barbell squats or deadlifts.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
For abs i do a six minute cycle and finish with planks. With the planks you can extend the time or just put shit in your back

• +1
for abs I just do LONG planks + dumbell pullovers for serratus

all the situps and shit doesnt translate to stability like planks do imo (isometric contraction) and if youre doing squats and deadlifts youll build core fine

also basically all full body movement trains core indirectly and you really dont need to do that much volume if youre active

doing lots of core volume also wont help with aesthetics much at all which are 99% defined by insertion genetics+being low bf

• +1
So I want to train some muscles daily at home, with other muscles done non-daily at the gym.

in the gym:
  • arms
  • shoulders
  • chest
  • back
at home
  • neck
  • forearms
  • calves
  • glutes
  • abs

my question is: what 1 exercise for each at home muscle can i progressively overload on in the least amount of time? For example for neck im doing neck curls but i have no clue for the rest of those muscles
calves are one of the most genetically determined muscle ime dont even waste time thinking about them if youre not autistic trying to be mr olympia (youre not)
forearms (if you or your dad have these things laying around which one of you should) just get a screwdriver, a piece of 2x4, any screw doesnt really matter what kind and screw and unscrew them into the 2x4 with each hand
ive found grip testing lifts like deads indirectly train forearms well enough because your grip will naturally progress as you go heavier

glutes are hard to isolate with bodyweight and theyre fuckin huge and strong so its hard to stimulate them enough at home without equipment anyway, just do deadlifts with proper form and not homosecual sumo style and you should be POPPIN
sprints will also help with whole lower body inclusing calves and glutes

the only posterior chain movement that you can really push without equipment is pistol squat but its pretty quad dominant because of the rom and back angle

honestly the answer for every thing on that list except neck is deadlift heavy (dont hurt yourself do 5-12 rep range GOOD FORM) and neck training is super easy to do anywhere because you can get good results with like zero weight and just curls

• +1
calves are one of the most genetically determined muscle ime dont even waste time thinking about them if youre not autistic trying to be mr olympia (youre not)
forearms (if you or your dad have these things laying around which one of you should) just get a screwdriver, a piece of 2x4, any screw doesnt really matter what kind and screw and unscrew them into the 2x4 with each hand
ive found grip testing lifts like deads indirectly train forearms well enough because your grip will naturally progress as you go heavier

glutes are hard to isolate with bodyweight and theyre fuckin huge and strong so its hard to stimulate them enough at home without equipment anyway, just do deadlifts with proper form and not homosecual sumo style and you should be POPPIN
sprints will also help with whole lower body inclusing calves and glutes

the only posterior chain movement that you can really push without equipment is pistol squat but its pretty quad dominant because of the rom and back angle

honestly the answer for every thing on that list except neck is deadlift heavy (dont hurt yourself do 5-12 rep range GOOD FORM) and neck training is super easy to do anywhere because you can get good results with like zero weight and just curls
thanks for the advice my g

• +1
Reactions: Cali Yuga

in the gym:
  • arms
  • shoulders
  • chest
  • back
at home
  • neck
  • forearms
  • calves
  • glutes
  • abs

This seems like a stupid way to train.

Look up a beginner program from someone who actually knows a lot about training, not a bunch of PSL autists. If you're into the aesthetics thing, there are trainers who are into that.

This seems like a stupid way to train.

Look up a beginner program from someone who actually knows a lot about training, not a bunch of PSL autists. If you're into the aesthetics thing, there are trainers who are into that.
most if not all training programs dont even think about neck when it has a crucial role in an aesthetic phsique, just lol

most if not all training programs dont even think about neck when it has a crucial role in an aesthetic phsique, just lol
Regular exercises increase your neck size. You are stuck in this n00b mindset of "I need arm curls for biceps." Find me any weightlifter or powerlifter or strongman with a pencil neck.

But if you really need to maximize neck gains, you could add some neck curls to a beginner program. If you do a bunch of arbitrary bullshit you WILL minimize your overall gains. There are so many beginners who fall into that mindset and do the same thing, you are not special. Just find a beginner program and stop wasting your own time.

Find me any weightlifter or powerlifter or strongman with a pencil neck.
this guy physique is 10x better than my untrained ass yet my neck is thicker and i barely train my neck

its a muscle that definetly needs isolation but training programs dont care about aesthetics

Bulgarian split squats are okay for glutes and you only need dumbells

this guy physique is 10x better than my untrained ass yet my neck is thicker and i barely train my neck
View attachment 1273004

its a muscle that definetly needs isolation but training programs dont care about aesthetics
Who the fuck is that guy? Some fitness model? Bodybuilders and fitness models often have disproportionate bodies because of drugs + how they train.

RE "dont care about aesthetics," you don't understand how natty muscle gain works. You need to train your whole body. You need to lift heavy and progressively overload numerous exercises. You're not going to be picking out little muscles to grow while others are ignored. The small exercises (curls/extensions/whatever other isolations) are going to be like 1-4% of of your gains, if you do them after seriously training big movements.

• JFL
Who the fuck is that guy? Some fitness model? Bodybuilders and fitness models often have disproportionate bodies because of drugs + how they train.

RE "dont care about aesthetics," you don't understand how natty muscle gain works. You need to train your whole body. You need to lift heavy and progressively overload numerous exercises. You're not going to be picking out little muscles to grow while others are ignored. The small exercises (curls/extensions/whatever other isolations) are going to be like 1-4% of of your gains, if you do them after seriously training big movements.
may i ask u something very important

what is ur neck circumference?

• +1
The only psl thing there is to think about physiques is knowing the muscles that signal the most testosterone which are delts neck and traps. Other than that online gym advice is good, don’t want to listen to people here that ldar and say gym is cope

Oh and also that being lean and not underweight is more important than having more muscle mass

The only psl thing there is to think about physiques is knowing the muscles that signal the most testosterone which are delts neck and traps.
This is irrelevant to anyone who is not going to use PED's.

Oh and also that being lean and not underweight is more important than having more muscle mass
Agreed, for pure aesthetics, lean > mass. Keep in mind that obsession with staying very lean will prevent you from obtaining any appreciable mass, though.