Help with moisturizer and tretinoin purge

CalulArgintiu59

CalulArgintiu59

Silver
I am using tretinoin 0,025% for about two weeks and I only used it 2 times a week, I wanted to finally up my frequency, but I started to notice more dry skin, some red undertones and some peeling.I also feel my moisturizer(La Roche-Posay Effaclar H ISO-BIOME) sting/burn a bit when I first apply it! Should I still use tretinoin 2 times a week or can I up the frequency to 3 times?Should I change my moisturizer as it stings?I don't know what moisturizer to buy, any suggestions?(I have mixed skin)

no reason to rush Tret is long term, make sure your skin adapts to it first

• +1
Reactions: CalulArgintiu59
retinisation is the process you're going through. Tretinoin is basically thinning out the outermost later of the skin the "stratum corneum" - which increases the penetration of other products into your skin, hence creating the burning sensation from your moisturizer.

The good news is that over time the stratum corneum returns to normal once retinisation is done.

You should discuss the frequency of usage of tretinoin with your derm, he can asses your skin best. Personally, i went directly to once a day, which probably sped up retinisation but i got flaky skin and redness from it. (all symptoms subsided in a few weeks)

You can change the moisturizer and look for one that has as little alcohol and fragrance in it as possible, and most importantly no actives like niacinamide or azelaic acid etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Rhinoplastyordie and CalulArgintiu59
You should discuss the frequency of usage of tretinoin with your derm, he can asses your skin best. Personally, i went directly to once a day, which probably sped up retinisation but i got flaky skin and redness from it. (all symptoms subsided in a few weeks)
I bought tretinoin on my own, I have visited all my derms in my city and they were stupid asf, some told me to let them remove my pimples and blackheads and they wanted me to go to a lot of sessions(one session was like 65euros and it seemed like a scam and was too expensive for me)some didn't even say to wear sunscreen and told me I am young so I shouldn't have any problem with the sun so I decided to try on my own! So do you suggest to keep my moisturizer even if it stings?

• +1
Reactions: Rhinoplastyordie
I am using tretinoin 0,025% for about two weeks and I only used it 2 times a week, I wanted to finally up my frequency, but I started to notice more dry skin, some red undertones and some peeling.I also feel my moisturizer(La Roche-Posay Effaclar H ISO-BIOME) sting/burn a bit when I first apply it! Should I still use tretinoin 2 times a week or can I up the frequency to 3 times?Should I change my moisturizer as it stings?I don't know what moisturizer to buy, any suggestions?(I have mixed skin)
get the fuck off here and go to tret reddit and read the guide

It's nigh impossible to start tret without some issues at first.

Use a moisturiser containing centella asiatica, which will soothe your skin. Purito has a good one