Help with my recessed chin and apnea

Donkeyballs

Donkeyballs

Diamond
i have a somewhat recessed chin and apnea.
When I was little I had a very good jaw, unfortunately I started mouth breathing…

Worst decision of my fucking life…

The mouth breathing began to fuck with my jaw and chin and caused me to be even more dependent on mouth breathing because it constricted my airflow and caused sleep apnea. For over the last years I have been waking up quite tired even when I slept for more than adequate.

I thought it was because of some other reason and my fucking idiot parents told me I was just lazy, but I finally realized the problem.

I have been trying to back sleep (I have been a stomach sleeper my whole life) but it’s difficult to breath and just as I’m falling asleep, I stop breathing and I wake up.

I know my jaw is the problem, because when I move it forward, as it normally should be I can now breath perfectly fine.

I need help in how to fix mouth breathing and fix my jaw, which consequently would also fix my apnea. It think it certainly is possible because my genetics is of a good jaw and because I’m still 16 and have been getting orthodontics.
If you need any additional information from me feel free to ask.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Rimaxtis and The Grinch
See an oral surgeon for a consult ASAP. Too many orthodontists are only concerned with the straightness of the teeth and don’t know anything about facial aesthetics. I got gaslit hard by my orthodontist and ended up having to get two genioplasty surgeries since I wasn’t able to get jaw advancement after what he did to me.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Donkeyballs
I thank God every day my parents forced me to nose breathe at 13. Just keep your mouth shut, even slap yourself when you notice it's open, anything to railroad your subconscious into nose breathing.

It's probably too late to fix the whole problem, but it'll prevent it from getting worse. Mewing might help at your age too, chewing properly as well. Ultimately though I wouldn't be surprised if you end up being a good candidate for jaw surgery - but wait until you're at least 18 before going down that path.

• +1
Reactions: Donkeyballs
I have a question, if somebody has good jaw genetics, but they mouth breath can it really fuck it up that bad that they lost all their potential?

When I was little I had a very good jaw, unfortunately I started mouth breathing…

The mouth breathing began to fuck with my jaw and chin and caused me to be even more dependent on mouth breathing because it constricted my airflow and caused sleep apnea. For over the last years I have been waking up quite tired even when I slept for more than adequate.

I thought it was because of some other reason and my fucking idiot parents told me I was just lazy, but I finally realized the problem.

I have been trying to back sleep (I have been a stomach sleeper my whole life) but it’s difficult to breath and just as I’m falling asleep, I stop breathing and I wake up.

I know my jaw is the problem, because when I move it forward, as it normally should be I can now breath perfectly fine.

I need help in how to fix mouth breathing and fix my jaw, which consequently would also fix my apnea. It think it certainly is possible because my genetics is of a good jaw and because I’m still 16 and have been getting orthodontics.
Try Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy first before even thinking about any dangerous, bullshit surgery...

I donwloaded this book, one of the best reviewed about the topic:

Needs TOR to download the 8th Edi6, but if you install Orbot you can do it just fine through Mozilla or Chrome.

10/10 booklist with all you need, just read some to get a good basis...

No need to thank me 🤭

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: kizarufan, RoyaleWithCheese and Donkeyballs
Try Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy first before even thinking about any dangerous, bullshit surgery...

Needs TOR to download the 8th Edi6, but if you install Orbot you can do it just fine through Mozilla or Chrome.

No need to thank me 🤭
I will take a look. And also, thank you

• Love it
Reactions: Brazitard
I will take a look. And also, thank you

Booklist here... Found out about it 2 days ago so I'm also a newbie but it seems 100% legit, please try it! 😻

No need to thank me 🤭
@RoyaleWithCheese why the JFL? what's so funny

U need jaw surgery niqqer. I can relate also, i cant fall asleep on back and if i do i wake up gasping or i get sleep paralysis and feel like there is demons in my room (which is a sign of lack of oxygen cuz ur brain tryna scare u into not sleeping on ur back anymore) Im super recessed.

• So Sad
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: SPFromNY914, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and DefinitelyNT

Double jaw surgey and genio