Help with skincare(Bought Tretinoin)

LostYouth

LostYouth

Greycel at heart
So, i've succesfully bought tretinoin on a pharmacy where i work without prescriptions, but i need a little bit more information on how should i use it, when to use, how to carefully handle it
@benignice
@Golden Glass
My weapons are :
Micellar water for cleansing skin, basic moisturizer to hydrate skin after wash, 0,025 tretinoin, 50+spf sunscreen
How should i use tretinoin as a beginner? I'm thinking about testing it out with 2 applications each week see how it goes, and for how long should i use it? At what time should i expect changes in my skin? Can i make a decent skincare routine with just these products?
IMG 20200314 182257224

I tried 2.5% retinol yesterday and had no irritation whatsoever so might do everyday. Maybe it's not as good my one

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
Thank you for starting with a 0.025%.
Micellar water isn't going to adequately cleanse your skin.
Start with a small amount (pea size) once or twice a week. If you feel like you need to, use moisturiser before or immediately after.
Use it for as long as you can.
It depends on what you're using it for as to how long changes will take.
Yeah you can have a decent routine with just a good cleanser, moisturiser, SPF and retinoid.
I tried 2.5% retinol yesterday and had no irritation whatsoever so might do everyday. Maybe it's not as good my one
Because what you're using is almost certainly not a 2.5% retinol.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, LostYouth and her
Retinol isn't the same thing as retin-a.

• +1
Reactions: GordonFreeman and RAITEIII
Start with a small amount (pea size) once or twice a week. If you feel like you need to, use moisturiser before or immediately after.
Yeah you can have a decent routine with just a good cleanser, moisturiser, SPF and retinoid.

Let's say I start with 0.025% twice a week and I have no irritation, should I build up to thrice a week the next week, then four times a week, until it's everyday?

• +1
Let's say I start with 0.025% twice a week and I have no irritation, should I build up to thrice a week the next week, then four times a week, until it's everyday?
Yep.

Edit: Do it slowly.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: .👽., LostYouth and her

It's marketed as 2.5% retinol and must have at least some retinol in the serum as it's in the ingredients. Guess I'll finish the bottle then move onto the real deal after

It's marketed as 2.5% retinol and must have at least some retinol in the serum as it's in the ingredients. Guess I'll finish the bottle then move onto the real deal after
Was it bought on Amazon?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
Yep.

Edit: Do it slowly.
Yes, it would be like this basically:

First week - twice a week
Second week - thrice a week
Third week - four times a week
Fourth week - five times a week
Fifth week - Six times a week
Sixth week - Every day

• +1
skincare? biggest meme. everyone with actual good skin does nothing for their face
@2peasinapod

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Deleted member 4430, 2peasinapod and 1 other person
Sunscreen makes you gay

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: .👽. and her
Yes, it would be like this basically:

First week - twice a week
Second week - thrice a week
Third week - four times a week
Fourth week - five times a week
Fifth week - Six times a week
Sixth week - Every day
No, go longer than that between stepping it up. How are going going to know if your skin can handle three times a week if you immediately move up to four?
Sunscreen makes you gay
No, it does not.

• +1
Reactions: .👽., LostYouth, her and 1 other person
Link didn't work but I assume thats a yes?

Award-Winning Retinol Serum - 2.5% Retinol Liposome Delivery System with 20% Vitamin C, Aloe, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid - High Strength Anti Aging Serum for face, décolleté and body from Bioniva 30ml

yes

Award-Winning Retinol Serum - 2.5% Retinol Liposome Delivery System with 20% Vitamin C, Aloe, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid - High Strength Anti Aging Serum for face, décolleté and body from Bioniva 30ml

yes
Yeah, that's why they can claim its a 2.5% when its not.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887 and her
Yeah, that's why they can claim its a 2.5% when its not.

I will use the bottle then email them for a refund complainng about this

I will use the bottle then email them for a refund complainng about this
Good luck, you likely won't hear back or they will argue until they are blue in the face that they are telling the truth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4887

What kind of products are good enough cleansers? my skin is not that oily though it did had it's breakdown's before, one product i was using for quite a lot of time was magnesia milk, what are your thoughts on it? I'd prefer some deep reaching, strong cleansers, to assure you are doing the job right, better yet if it opens the pores
Also what should i use to keep it neat looking and not oily for as long as possible?

What kind of products are good enough cleansers? my skin is not that oily though it did had it's breakdown's before, one product i was using for quite a lot of time was magnesia milk, what are your thoughts on it? I'd prefer some deep reaching, strong cleansers, to assure you are doing the job right, better yet if it opens the pores
Also what should i use to keep it neat looking and not oily for as long as possible?
Firstly, pores don't open and close like that, they are not doors.
I don't know what product you're talking about so couldn't pass comment on it. Unless you're talking about milk of magnesia the medication, in which case don't use that as a cleanser.
Something like the Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel or one of the CeraVe cleansers could be a good option for a solid, basic cleanser.

• +1
Reactions: LostYouth
Firstly, pores don't open and close like that, they are not doors.
I don't know what product you're talking about so couldn't pass comment on it. Unless you're talking about milk of magnesia the medication, in which case don't use that as a cleanser.
Something like the Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel or one of the CeraVe cleansers could be a good option for a solid, basic cleanser.
Yes that's the one, i've read in a lot of places it helps in killing bacteria, and works as a deodorant replacement, it makes my skin really dry but not in an unhealthy way

skincare? biggest meme. everyone with actual good skin does nothing for their face
@2peasinapod

100% you just need a silk cloth and water, some spf if you are spending all day in the sun

Still up for debate who @beingnice main is, ofc it's an alt account with some agenda but i have no intention to intervene as it's funny watching all the sheep take his word as gospel

His first language def isn't english, hes a fan of mine as he uses exact phrases I've used albeit poorly, theres no way hes a dermatologist or whatever he claims be.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: RAITEIII, Deleted member 685, Tony and 1 other person
Yes that's the one, i've read in a lot of places it helps in killing bacteria, and works as a deodorant replacement, it makes my skin really dry but not in an unhealthy way
I'm not surprised it makes your skin dry- don't use it as a cleanser.
Still up for debate who @beingnice main is, ofc it's an alt account with some agenda but i have no intention to intervene as it's funny watching all the sheep take his word as gospel

His first language def isn't english, hes a fan of mine as he uses exact phrases I've used albeit poorly, theres no way hes a dermatologist or whatever he claims be.
- At least spell my username properly
- Not an alt. I'm genuinely only here to try to help people out.
- I don't want anyone to take my word as gospel- anything I say is able to be checked online.
- First language is English- I just write like shit and use colloquialisms near constantly.
- Never claimed to be a derm, I work as a cosmetic chemist/formulator (whatever you want to call it) and have done for almost 5 years now since finishing university.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645
I'm not surprised it makes your skin dry- don't use it as a cleanser.

- At least spell my username properly
- Not an alt. I'm genuinely only here to try to help people out.
- I don't want anyone to take my word as gospel- anything I say is able to be checked online.
- First language is English- I just write like shit and use colloquialisms near constantly.
- Never claimed to be a derm, I work as a cosmetic chemist/formulator (whatever you want to call it) and have done for almost 5 years now since finishing university.

yeh this confirms it

just a full time chemist who happens to post 8 hours a day becasue hes so kind and wants to help the most undeserving community in the world for free lmfao

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: RAITEIII and Deleted member 685
yeh this confirms it

just a full time chemist who happens to post 8 hours a day becasue hes so kind and wants to help the most undeserving community in the world for free lmfao
If you did some research you'd find that there are a ton of formulators giving this kind of advice away for free online. But believe what ever you want man, I'm not about to argue.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Muh skincare

If you did some research you'd find that there are a ton of formulators giving this kind of advice away for free online. But believe what ever you want man, I'm not about to argue.

Shotcaller confirmef