Here's a reality that normies need to understand before focusing too much on how they look in photos

Deleted member 6908

Deleted member 6908

Looks, Charisma, Masculine Virtues
Here's the reality fellas and no this is not cope, nor is it blue-pill (Which I despise)

You look more like you do in the mirror than you do in pictures. Especially pictures taken by camera phones up-close, because of the focal lens where there is actual distortion. There's very minimal distortion in a mirror.

I know chads are photogenic and look "equally" as good in photos as they do in the mirror, but I think there is a good reason.

My theory is that the lens "simplifies" your face into one "tight-package" and that package exposes your imperfections, any small asymmetry you have and especially any fat that you have in your face. The lens cannot simplify a round face accurately, because there are no corners. So the rounder your face, the worse you will look.

Here's a black-pill. If you do have a round-face, you can forget ever looking good in pictures. However with low body fat an oval/triangle face can still look fairly good. You see despite some oval/triangle faces carrying fairly solid jaw-lines, they still get diminished in the lens. Square and rectangle face jawlines rarely ever suffer under the scrutiny of the camera, unless the person is high body fat and even then it needs to be fairly high body fat.

The counterpoint to this would be, while this may be so, most ways of hooking-up and/or getting a wifey in today's market are through Tinder/Bumble/Instagram and so how you look in photos, basically is how you look in reality, even if it isn't. If that makes sense? It's how you look in photos that gets your foot in the door, sort of thing.

PS: I know there are a ton of narrow-minded people here who are pretty much only able to think on topics such as these through a red/black-pill ideological lens, so I expect a lot hate and trolling, but for those who aren't mid-wits or are open minded enough to think about it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Over, Blitz, fukmylyf and 8 others
I agree but beware, this could sound like hella cope to a bunch of people.

• +1
Reactions: Over, Worthlesshapa777, Deleted member 5632 and 5 others
I agree but beware, this could sound like hella cope to a bunch of people.

I know, but it's not. It's just having a perspective which is closer to the truth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5632, intovoid and Deleted member 6488
I know people that look way better irl than they do in photos and vice versa. I have a friend that doesn’t do extremely well on tinder but gets approached frequently at clubs and parties. I also have a friend that gets a lot of tinder matches but doesn’t get many IOIs from women irl. There is some truth to stuff like this

• +1
Reactions: Over, Deleted member 4804, Deleted member 6488 and 1 other person
I know, but it's not. It's just having a perspective which is closer to the truth.
I totally agree. I think you could possibly look substantially better irl than photos.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
Brah, if you are ugly you are ugly

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman trash, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 4804
Brah, if you are ugly you are ugly

And if you're a kinda good looking normie in real life, you are gonna be average as fuck under the camera. Same goes for if you're average as fuck in real life. You are then going to look ugly under the camera and so on and so fourth.

• +1
Reactions: Crowley
Here's a black-pill. If you do have a round-face, you can forget ever looking good in pictures. However with low body fat an oval/triangle face can still look fairly good. You see despite some oval/triangle faces carrying fairly solid jaw-lines, they still get diminished in the lens. Square and rectangle face jawlines rarely ever suffer under the scrutiny of the camera, unless the person is high body fat and even then it needs to be fairly high body fat.
This. The friend that flops on tinder but does well irl has great bones, but has a bloated face from poor fat distribution.

• +1
I have no idea why this was moved to "off-topic".
Can a moderator explain why this was moved to "off-topic" ?
And now we have no discussion because it's in the section no one checks.

What a joke.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Over
This is very interesting, because I have always thought I look best in mirror selfies but look terrible in photos

• +1
This is very interesting, because I have always thought I look best in mirror selfies but look terrible in photos

It's still ultimately going through the filter of a camera lens, but yeah, you're right to an extent the mirror limits the damage the camera will do.

you look as good as youre worst picture

• +1
Reactions: Over, Alvik, Solidcoin and 1 other person
Roundfacecels should utilise stubble and hairstyling to offset the look. It's not cope.

you look as good as youre worst picture
This just isn't true. I can take a really shitty picture but still get attention IRL.

are u stupid or sth?

Attachments

• 9acf51d334f7ea606a3a769836171974.jpg
    9acf51d334f7ea606a3a769836171974.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
  • JFL
you look way worse than your worst picture
Fixed it for ya!
Here's the reality fellas and no this is not cope, nor is it blue-pill (Which I despise)

You look more like you do in the mirror than you do in pictures. Especially pictures taken by camera phones up-close, because of the focal lens where there is actual distortion. There's very minimal distortion in a mirror.

I know chads are photogenic and look "equally" as good in photos as they do in the mirror, but I think there is a good reason.

My theory is that the lens "simplifies" your face into one "tight-package" and that package exposes your imperfections, any small asymmetry you have and especially any fat that you have in your face. The lens cannot simplify a round face accurately, because there are no corners. So the rounder your face, the worse you will look.

The counterpoint to this would be, while this may be so, most ways of hooking-up and/or getting a wifey in today's market are through Tinder/Bumble/Instagram and so how you look in photos, basically is how you look in reality, even if it isn't. If that makes sense? It's how you look in photos that gets your foot in the door, sort of thing.

PS: I know there are a ton of narrow-minded people here who are pretty much only able to think on topics such as these through a red/black-pill ideological lens, so I expect a lot hate and trolling, but for those who aren't mid-wits or are open minded enough to think about it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Is that you in the pic?

• JFL

Attachments

• photo_2020-05-16_02-21-48.jpg
    photo_2020-05-16_02-21-48.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 39
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
Yeah. Mid or High tier normie, depending on the girl. Nothing special. Hence I'm maxing.
I'd say high tier normie. Chadlite if you fix your eyes. Arab?

I'd say high tier normie. Chadlite if you fix your eyes. Arab?

Surprisingly Indian.

Yeah my eye gap is too narrow :-( and one lazy eyelid on right.

Brows and hair fucked atm too with lockdown.

Need to lower body fat too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
Surprisingly Indian.

Yeah my eye gap is too narrow :-( and one lazy eyelid on right.

Brows and hair fucked atm too with lockdown.

Need to lower body fat too.
Where in India? I'm Indian too

well i look terrible in mirror and photos.

I'd want to believe it but it's too much cope and I always like to think it's best to believe whats the harshest truth.

I once took a picture of my mom and younger brother and they all looked weirder, different on picture, like its not them. Same about myself like I get more UEE somehow on pictures and my skin tone is different?

I tried selfie in mirror and still looked like dog shit. I dont know I just want to avoid pictures forever fuck this.