Here's another Jaw implant for you. Is it too big?

Jade

Jade

Banned
I am sure most of you will say that it is way too big and so on.

I' have only gotten one good observation from another implant designer here on the forum about this implant, but he is an experienced person who has done a lot of work in the past and has real-life experience.

Although this implant looks humongous, my close friend (the guy who has this in him) wants it more prominent, and likely, he will get them done again.

Yes, this is a close friend of mine. I have been at this for over a decade, and I have met many guys and gals along the way. I don't just post hurtful comments on forums; I have actually accompanied and helped my friends through their surgeries.

Often, family members aren't ok with having these surgeries done, and we all need a helping hand - especially right after the surgeries when the depressions creep up.

I'll understand if you say he is addicted or something, but you would be wrong. His face doesn't look that wide, actually.

This is why many of you guys make mistakes when looking at skulls with implants on them only. Asking about implants is a mistake, and I have made those mistakes in the past too.

His skin, face, and head are rather large, and the implant itself, although significant, does not produce a big effect.

There are some principles that you could consider as starting points when designing implants that are very useful, but every patient is very, very different.

I think it's cool to look at implant designs, but if you don't have the "full picture" and the entire patient's likes and dislikes, we're all just looking at bones and plastic.

The Eppley team produced this design, and I do not work for Eppley either.

Idessign

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
holy shit that design is huge is that a supraorbital implant they're getting as well?

this or death
2907748 1653673936271

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 6’3 chad, bugeye, agoostis and 13 others
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
:p:love:

• +1
Reactions: Jade
Jaw implants are so fucking overated. Most people aren't ugly because of jaw but because of a shitty midface.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: rubybrrr, PunishedDollcel, Jade and 1 other person
Jaw implants are so fucking overated. Most people aren't ugly because of jaw but because of a shitty midface.
So what do you recommend most people do to improve their shitty midface?

• +1
Reactions: Jade and Moldovancel
A little too much imo.

• +1
Giant implants

• +1
Giant implants
That's what I thought too. However, after seeing my friend in person, they are not big for him. It all depends on the person, and I am convinced that seeing an implant design isn't the best way to make predictions.

Why would anyone get skull implant?/isnt sloped forehead good
i have really sloped, imo its look like shit. a slightly angual straight forehead is best.

luckily there are people in iran who uses cement for forehead.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
Idk I've seen men with literal horse faces get bitches solely due to their long ass jaws. It gives off an illusion of height from a selfie perspective.

• +1
Idk I've seen men with literal horse faces get bitches solely due to their long ass jaws. It gives off an illusion of height from a selfie perspective.
That's not a lie at all, and because the jaw somewhat compensates for other unfavorable characteristics, but non the less, even if their jaw was OK, a better midface would still be more favorable to have.

A good midface gives harmony and angularity to the face which can't be recreated with a large jaw, which just gives of a brutish vibe, as I said, even if it compensates for other elements.

Last edited:
  • +1
Lefort or death, no other way around it.
Lefort is inferior way to get the best augmentation of the midface. Since the cut is so low, if you have recessed upper midface then that isn’t moving at all and you can look like a chimp or like quagmire all giant in the lower area but upper is left behind. The cut in the lefort is barely above the bottom of the nose so if anything all it really does is make your mouth protrusive (hence why anyone with bimaxillary protrusion should not consider lefort at all). The best way to augment the midface perfectly is with an implant that covers where lefort would advance but also higher up to the under eyes, malar area, and the zygomatic buttresses to holistically and attractively move the entire midface forward not just jut your lips out.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gaia262, Timelessbrah, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
Lefort is inferior way to get the best augmentation of the midface. Since the cut is so low, if you have recessed upper midface then that isn’t moving at all and you can look like a chimp or like quagmire all giant in the lower area but upper is left behind. The cut in the lefort is barely above the bottom of the nose so if anything all it really does is make your mouth protrusive (hence why anyone with bimaxillary protrusion should not consider lefort at all). The best way to augment the midface perfectly is with an implant that covers where lefort would advance but also higher up to the under eyes, malar area, and the zygomatic buttresses to holistically and attractively move the entire midface forward not just jut your lips out.
Yes!
What you say here makes perfect sense, and I agree with it all.

Bimaxillary orthognathic surgery is an excellent opportunity to add balance to the mid-face area using appropriately designed implants (cheek implants).

In some capacity, I have been part of contributing to cheek implants when doing Bimaxillary orthognathic surgery more than cheek-implant surgeries alone. (I am not a doctor)

I like your explanation @rubybrrr 👌

I am sure most of you will say that it is way too big and so on.

I' have only gotten one good observation from another implant designer here on the forum about this implant, but he is an experienced person who has done a lot of work in the past and has real-life experience.

Although this implant looks humongous, my close friend (the guy who has this in him) wants it more prominent, and likely, he will get them done again.

Yes, this is a close friend of mine. I have been at this for over a decade, and I have met many guys and gals along the way. I don't just post hurtful comments on forums; I have actually accompanied and helped my friends through their surgeries.

Often, family members aren't ok with having these surgeries done, and we all need a helping hand - especially right after the surgeries when the depressions creep up.

I'll understand if you say he is addicted or something, but you would be wrong. His face doesn't look that wide, actually.

This is why many of you guys make mistakes when looking at skulls with implants on them only. Asking about implants is a mistake, and I have made those mistakes in the past too.

His skin, face, and head are rather large, and the implant itself, although significant, does not produce a big effect.

There are some principles that you could consider as starting points when designing implants that are very useful, but every patient is very, very different.

I think it's cool to look at implant designs, but if you don't have the "full picture" and the entire patient's likes and dislikes, we're all just looking at bones and plastic.

The Eppley team produced this design, and I do not work for Eppley either.

View attachment 1717941
This design is positively retarded

• +1
Can you rate my surgery plan?

horrible and fake af

I never specified what type of Lefort was either. I'm pretty much aware of that and a high cut LF1 should be considered the bare minimum.

• +1
This design is positively retarded
If I didn't know this guy in person, I would have agreed with you.

I, too, thought that the design was crazy "on paper." My point with this is to point out that looking at designs and, more importantly, judging whether or not it is good or bad is not an appropriate approach.

We only have one side of the coin when we look at a design.

It depends. Some people have much narrower faces.

• +1
I never specified what type of Lefort was either. I'm pretty much aware of that and a high cut LF1 should be considered the bare minimum.
Agree w that but even the high lefort is only high around the nose. The zugomatic buttresses need to move forward to get the real authentic forward growth look

Agree w that but even the high lefort is only high around the nose. The zugomatic buttresses need to move forward to get the real authentic forward growth look
Not necessarily I think.

• +1