Here’s Why You Need a Tall Ramus

MisterMercedes

MisterMercedes

Kraken
This guy has a low gonial angle, but an average/little shorter than average ramus:

4E738BC0 3E82 4759 927A 4118DB54C64F

As a result his front profile looks like this:

A75F453E EB74 4DB4 AC8B 793BF0EA6C55

7C5C7CEA 41D0 458A BB63 5407B73AC61B

Notice how his jaw is square and angular, but doesn’t have that much height. It sits closer to his lips. It’s an odd combo of masculinity and neotony, which works well for his pretty boy aesthetic, but looks non ideal nonetheless.

This guy has a tall Ramus and a higher gonial angle (still ideal/close to ideal):
B2F452FF 5040 44DD 9740 11EB6B0F914E

Front profile:

496ED428 9D10 4F20 A2F6 C7B1237EAAA5

5221FE39 A701 43FE 8F9E 2CC6DE32775D

Notice how his jaw isn’t as square, yet still looks more robust due to more height (sitting farther away from the lips).

What happens when you combine a tall ramus and a low gonial angle?

458A04E7 9550 4AC7 8FAA 9F211D7D83FC

5D1E66BA CCCA 4588 A4CE 8E297D47D7F6

Perfection.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: BigNoseSlavcel, MogTheMogger, Chadeep and 2 others
You can't look like a man without tall ramus and tall chin

• +1
Reactions: Uglyandfat and Hekt0r
Who said you didnt need a tall ramus

• +1
Reactions: Hekt0r and Deleted member 6128
And if i don't have one?

• So Sad
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Hekt0r, Deleted member 4671 and Almost Chadlite
Who said you didnt need a tall ramus
Didn’t say anyone did. Just explaining why it’s important. Tall ramus means the mandible body will attach to it lower in relation to the rest of the face, which creates more vertical projection (which, in proportion, looks robust).

• +1
Reactions: Mr.cope
Another example of someone with a short/average ramus and a low gonial angle;
F975369A D41B 456B A803 01EAF9423330

• JFL
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
I have both. Means shit if your jaw isn‘t wide enough

• +1
how can i get a longer ramus

I think an implant can lengthen it by 10 mm. That’s all I know of.

10 mm???? No fkin way thats the limit... jfl @ "implants over chin wing cuz more custom" cope if thats ACTUALLY true.. which i highly doubt

Copeus maximus. They all look like bloated potatos compared to him
Not at all. He looks androgynous. Square and sharp yet little height. Not the worst, but definitely not ideal. I would honestly rather have a normie’s jaw than that.

Last edited:
If you have a long midface then a long ramus will fuck you hard

and i have none of both

10 mm???? No fkin way thats the limit... jfl @ "implants over chin wing cuz more custom" cope if thats ACTUALLY true.. which i highly doubt
That’s almost half an inch of lengthening.

If you have a long midface you need a long ramus to balance it out.

• +1
Reactions: BradAniston

That makes absolutely no sense... long midface requires a longer ramus even more for harmony purposes. Long midface+ Tall ramus/lower 3rd = Tall face = Not that bad

Stop making these retarded jaw threads. People have been making these for years on this site WE KNOW EVERYTHING

Not at all. He looks androgynous. Square and sharp yet little height. Not the worst, but definitely not ideal. I would honestly rather have a norm is jaw than that.
Just fucking lol. Literally every bitch that I showed his photos to commented on how sharp and unusual in a good way his jaw looks like

That makes absolutely no sense... long midface requires a longer ramus even more for harmony purposes. Long midface+ Tall ramus/lower 3rd = Tall face = Not that bad
Exactly. This is what people often mean when they talk about “facial height” being a masculine feature.

• +1
Reactions: NarcyChadlite
Just fucking lol. Literally every bitch that I showed his photos to commented on how sharp and unusual in a good way his jaw looks like
Put the blonde guy in this post up against him. You’re deluding yourself if you think girls would rather fuck your guy.

Put the blonde guy in this post up against him. You’re deluding yourself if you think girls would rather fuck your guy.
458A04E7 9550 4AC7 8FAA 9F211D7D83FC
59435591 116973076168536 2847071999468962287 n

Just lol at comparing this rat with a literal Ken doll. You're the delusional one if you think Jbs would pick him over my larp

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and NarcyChadlite
Substantive response
But, once again, you’re using it incorrectly. I only used that phrase when people were avoiding the topic. You’re using that phrase so that you can avoid the topic.

With a short ramus, you will always look like a boy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5349
My lower third is a joke, like my entire face
IMG 20200731 0905352

• Hmm...
Reactions: Bewusst
It looks pretty tall, but yeah the beard obscures it. Gonion flare as well as width matters. Is your jaw not wide?
Not as wide as I‘d like. Imo bigonial width is more important than ramus length and gonial angle. The first guy‘s jaw looks good from the front because it‘s wide. His side would be better with more ramus length but it‘s still decent. Most people have short ramuses

• +1
Copycat I literally said this before to multiple users

Not as wide as I‘d like. Imo bigonial width is more important than ramus length and gonial angle. The first guy‘s jaw looks good from the front because it‘s wide. His side would be better with more ramus length but it‘s still decent. Most people have short ramuses
Width isn’t the only reason his looks good. He has a low gonial angle and good flare of the gonions to make his jaw look angular. But yeah, his jaw is very wide. Width is an easy fix though. You could try fillers at the gonions to see if you like the look, then go with an implant to get a lower gonial angle, widen the jaw, and maybe gonion flare for angularity. You have a good base as your mandible Ramus to body ratio is good, and you have a proportionally tall ramus.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
My lower third is a joke, like my entire face
Implants, and get fucking lean and in shape. Stop playing games. Do you realize just how much leanmaxxing works for the face?? Get serious right now. Go do a work out right now. Fuck! Good base

I think alot of this maybe down to the size of the persons ears and where they sit.

Large, Low set ears and a short ramus is death sentence

• +1