• JFL
Reactions: baerr, Ascеnd, Alt Number 3 and 3 others
high gonial angle incel

vs
low gonial angle boyfriend

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Junko, Ascеnd and Klasik616
My gonial angle is kinda low(too retarded to measure correctly, but seems like 110). Idk, feels slightly too masculine. Wouldn’t want it to be bigger, face is already kinda long, but IMO low GA is overrated

• +1
Reactions: twojei and thecel
  • +1
Reactions: thecel

• Woah
Reactions: majesticincel
Medium mogs both

high gonial angle incel

vs
Gonial angle stayed the same, all you did was increase his forward growth

• +1
Reactions: thecel
most people look better with higher gonial angles they end up with short chins and heads if it's too low, because the ramus isn't tall enough to accommodate it.

that being said here's what it actually looks like when you have a low-ish angle, the angle of your mental protuberance is usually determined by the angle of your mandible so when it's low it points straight forward, mine reaches almost to the tip of my nose.

this is to say that your morph isn't actually accurate, because it retains the same angle of the mental protuberance as the before, if he actually had a low angle his chin would be shorter.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PsychoH, NoReedemingFeature and Klasik616
Why alter his occiput?

most people look better with higher gonial angles they end up with short chins and heads if it's too low, because the ramus isn't tall enough to accommodate it.

that being said here's what it actually looks like when you have a low-ish angle, the angle of your mental protuberance is usually determined by the angle of your mandible so when it's low it points straight forward, mine reaches almost to the tip of my nose.

View attachment 3173109

this is to say that your morph isn't actually accurate, because it retains the same angle of the mental protuberance as the before, if he actually had a low angle his chin would be shorter.
What about the presence of an antegonial notch, when the ramus extends over the mandible's angle?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and thecel
Tall Ramus and Tall Chin and optimal gonial angle is a TFBEM trait

What about the presence of an antegonial notch, when the ramus extends over the mandible's angle?
that can affect the angle of the protuberance hence why I said the angle of the mandible and not the gonion.

but people with higher gonial angles probably also have more sloping past the ramus if they have a notch.

evolutionarily speaking lower is better due to the hinge function of the mandible, the higher it is the weaker your bite force, but I don't think sloping past the gonion affects this much.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH and NoReedemingFeature
high gonial angle incel

vs
That's not even the GA. You increased his sagittal growth and made his ramus taller.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pollorex, sportsmogger and thecel
that can affect the angle of the protuberance hence why I said the angle of the mandible and not the gonion.

but people with higher gonial angles probably also have more sloping past the ramus if they have a notch.

evolutionarily speaking lower is better due to the hinge function of the mandible, the higher it is the weaker your bite force, but I don't think sloping past the gonion affects this much.
So in a hypothetical case where the ramus is the same height but one mandible has a chin/mental protuberance pointing downwards, giving it a notch.
And the other just being a right angle mandible with no other sloping or curves.
They'll both have equal bite force?

The former is surely more aesthetic while the latter can be considered more evolutionary correct or whatever, but the jaw's function is still carried out in the same way. Isn't it?

Last edited:
So in a hypothetical case where the ramus is the same height but one mandible has a chin/mental protuberance pointing downwards, giving it a notch.
And the other just being a right angle mandible with no other sloping or curves.
They'll both have equal bite force?

The former is surely more aesthetic while the latter can be considered more evolutionary correct or whatever, but the jaw's function is still carried out in the same way. Isn't it?

our relatives have higher gonial angles and their bite force is poorly distributed and inefficient as a result.

the notch might have some impact but I think it's primarily the gonion that matters to form that hinge, could be wrong.

• +1
Reactions: PsychoH and NoReedemingFeature