HIGH IQ ORTHODONTIC AUTISTS, click here I have something to discuss

RandomPerson1893

RandomPerson1893

Iron
Alrighty, so I have my Essix retainer after wearing Invisalign for a couple of years now but my pallette could be a bit laterally bigger and I could see some more forward growth via thumb/face pulling.

Keeping the retainer in seems to keep my entire system locked and unlikely to adjust. And efforts to adjust may just cause my teeth to wiggle back and forth over time which is bad. Even after a couple weeks of wearing the retainer I feel like it’s still tight likely due to micro gains I have with good tongue posture and swallowing that get lost during nighttime wear (further contributing to the back and forth wiggling)

Mew’s solution to this seems to be those behind the teeth wires for the top 4 and bottom 6 teeth that structurally support each other, allowing for the molded straightness to be retained but otherwise the other teeth can move to their natural wider and forward positions.

However this can cause the tongue tip to get annoyingly clipped, and it’s a permanent solution.

THUS, I summon you here to discuss if simply cutting and resmoothing the Essix so that it only covers the top 4 and bottom 6 teeth is a viable cheap solution.

One member here mentioned that this may not allow for appropriate structural support of those teeth. If this is true, I thought maybe the two retainers could use some sort of snap together tech that doesn’t impede the bite but allows two retainers teeth to support the bite overnight.

Also doing this will prevent the common problem of an improper bite without the Essix (since your jaw gets used to the little bit of plastic in the bite space, which is annoying)

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
not reading a single word

• +1
Reactions: Newday*V3, BrutalMogger, YugoDutch and 1 other person
Not reading shit and i see ur talking about mew (looked for like a few seconds) and idk what u said about mewing but let me just say that MEWING IS COPE

• +1
Reactions: qazw, Newday*V3 and BrutalMogger
lol if u're gonna cut the Essix might aswell jsut not wear it, also u're assuming thumbulling is moving ur maxilla and the retainer is keeping your maxilla from moving :lul: which is very retarded

• +1
lol if u're gonna cut the Essix might aswell jsut not wear it, also u're assuming thumbulling is moving ur maxilla and the retainer is keeping your maxilla from moving :lul: which is very retarded
i just farted

• Ugh..
Reactions: NZb6Air
mewing mark solution
atm

• JFL
Nah but why is cutting it = not wearing it? It’s just plastic that keeps bone in place. The wire retainer does the same thing for limited teeth.