High IQ users, does wisdom teeth really matter?

Bobelbrah

Bobelbrah

Bo bo
Title. Sorry to bring this question up to bare again, but I haven't been able to find a substantial argument for either side. If you know how wisdom teeth extraction affects the face, or can explain how it doesn't, please flex your IQ. Bonus if you can explain potential differences between adults and children/teens.

I did not notice anything BUT after a while, 5 years later, I noticed that the jaw angle on the side where i removed the wisdom tooth, got SMALLER. Like, the jaw is not symmetric: the gonials protrude more on the side where i still have the lower wisdom tooth.

Logically, it is theoretically possible. Fewer teeth - less chewing on the side. Causes muscle reduction which causes bone deterioration...

But I think it is a theory, and my jaw has always been like that.. I just ddi not notice earlier...

Anyways, if you have wisdom teeth, you remove them because they get inflamed NOT because "muh, i wanna remove my wisdom teeth... for no reason"... If they are not inflamed for you, congrats, enjoy. And if they DO get inflamed, your jaw is the last thing you would care about. Inflammation from them is brutal and often requires antibiotics.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: dadfa, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Bobelbrah
Don't remove them unless you have to. I'd say it's pretty risky because there are people who lost bone mass after removing them, it's better to not take chances.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11887, xanny and AscendingHero
Great question

• +1
Reactions: Bobelbrah
Only get them removed when it’s needed, dentist always pressure removing them when there is basically no need for it.

• +1
Reactions: niqfan625, PushingTheLimits, Unmoggablegingercel and 1 other person
Only get them removed when it’s needed, dentist always pressure removing them when there is basically no need for it.

My mother have all of them extracted and has still perfect mandible and maxilla, but for what my dentist said me the upper wisdom teeth are safe to extract from a bone standpoint, while the lower can cause some bone loss if there was enoug space to make them erupt

• So Sad
I did not notice anything BUT after a while, 5 years later, I noticed that the jaw angle on the side where i removed the wisdom tooth, got SMALLER. Like, the jaw is not symmetric: the gonials protrude more on the side where i still have the lower wisdom tooth.

Logically, it is theoretically possible. Fewer teeth - less chewing on the side. Causes muscle reduction which causes bone deterioration...

But I think it is a theory, and my jaw has always been like that.. I just ddi not notice earlier...

Anyways, if you have wisdom teeth, you remove them because they get inflamed NOT because "muh, i wanna remove my wisdom teeth... for no reason"... If they are not inflamed for you, congrats, enjoy. And if they DO get inflamed, your jaw is the last thing you would care about. Inflammation from them is brutal and often requires antibiotics.
i think the bone mass reduction is because the area around the now missing wisdom tooth expects a certain amount of stress from chewing propagated to it through the tooth. so because the tooth is now missing, the stress is also missing causing the bone in that area to lose mass (wolff's law).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380 and Bobelbrah

I'm in a similar situation - I had my left wisdom teeth removed(had no choice:feelswah:), and I do think my jaw seems to be a bit smaller on that side compared to my right. Also, my left eye has nct, whereas my right eye has pct. My right wisdom teeth has barely erupted however, so I don't think I get much if any stimulation there, for what it's worth. It could be just as you said, that we always had those flaws.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380
My mother have all of them extracted and has still perfect mandible and maxilla, but for what my dentist said me the upper wisdom teeth are safe to extract from a bone standpoint, while the lower can cause some bone loss if there was enoug space to make them erupt
Had one of my lower ones removed, and I do think my jaw is smaller on that side. Fuck me...:feelswah:

i think the bone mass reduction is because the area around the now missing wisdom tooth expects a certain amount of stress from chewing propagated to it through the tooth. so because the tooth is now missing, the stress is also missing causing the bone in that area to lose mass (wolff's law).
1. Yeah, I have heard about this theory. It would kind of explain my the left side of my jaw seems smaller than the right side(had my lower left wisdom teeth removed). However, the wisdom teeth on my right side has barely erupted, so I doubt I get any stimulation there, so I don't know...
2. Another strange thing is that my left eye has nct, whereas my right eye has pct. But only my upper left wisdom teeth has erupted fully, whereas the right one has erupted halfway at the most. Based on the theory you brought up, I assume one would expect the opposite.

Do you have an explanation for any of this?

m
Title. Sorry to bring this question up to bare again, but I haven't been able to find a substantial argument for either side. If you know how wisdom teeth extraction affects the face, or can explain how it doesn't, please flex your IQ. Bonus if you can explain potential differences between adults and children/teens.
im 15 my wisdom teeth havent come in and my jaw is sqaure and everything my mom had all her molars removed dead ass all of them and she has a jawline still the only problem is she has the thingy under ur jaw skin thats fat and loose same as my dad
they lived in mexico long time ago so no teeth care igs
my dad has had like 4 molars removed and his jaw is stronger then mine i can only hope my jaw ascends to his type of jaw
HE EVEN HAS SLEEP APNEA and all his lower teeth are crowded as fuck now:SOB :SOB crazy fr i think its cause he used to live in mexico with no electiricty so he only ate hard foods OR MAYBE GENETICS??? ??? who knows !

• Woah
1. Yeah, I have heard about this theory. It would kind of explain my the left side of my jaw seems smaller than the right side(had my lower left wisdom teeth removed). However, the wisdom teeth on my right side has barely erupted, so I doubt I get any stimulation there, so I don't know...
2. Another strange thing is that my left eye has nct, whereas my right eye has pct. But only my upper left wisdom teeth has erupted fully, whereas the right one has erupted halfway at the most. Based on the theory you brought up, I assume one would expect the opposite.

Do you have an explanation for any of this?
so, the nct/pct thing is not about bone mass, it's about the position of your cheekbones. but that being said, i don't know what exactly affects that position. i'm kind of in a similar situation as you are, where my jaw on the left side seems a bit shorter and my eye on that side also has less pct than the other. but in my case this is due to my maxilla being lopsided, where the left side of it is a bit higher than the right. could this be the case for you too?

• +1
they only want money

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and xanny
they only want money

so, the nct/pct thing is not about bone mass, it's about the position of your cheekbones. but that being said, i don't know what exactly affects that position. i'm kind of in a similar situation as you are, where my jaw on the left side seems a bit shorter and my eye on that side also has less pct than the other. but in my case this is due to my maxilla being lopsided, where the left side of it is a bit higher than the right. could this be the case for you too?
Ah, I see. Yeah my maxilla is probably not positioned correctly. I think it may not only be uneven on the horizontal plane, but also the vertical plane(it tilts a bit to the right).

• Hmm...
Reactions: AutisticBeaner

Didn't effect mine but I was 25 when I had it done. Teens I am not sure if it would or not.

everything matters :owo: but barrett had them extracted so it may not be over for you yet :feelsez:

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Yeah my maxilla is probably not positioned correctly. I think it may not only be uneven on the horizontal plane, but also the vertical plane(it tilts a bit to the right).
you mean the tip of the maxilla is more to the right? that's weird, mine goes slightly to the left.

• Hmm...
I'm in a similar situation - I had my left wisdom teeth removed(had no choice:feelswah:), and I do think my jaw seems to be a bit smaller on that side compared to my right. Also, my left eye has nct, whereas my right eye has pct. My right wisdom teeth has barely erupted however, so I don't think I get much if any stimulation there, for what it's worth. It could be just as you said, that we always had those flaws.
how can you avoid bone loss? implants?

Don't know. May just be a myth. Face haven't changed at all since I the rest of my wisdoms removed.
I was a meeting with an orthodontist who knows mike mew well and she told me that its complete bs, it wont change anything

• +1