High yield divident stock i found, potential early retirement?

Pumanator

Pumanator

Zephir
Hey guys. After browsing this site for hours and learning countless things about looks and status I really got into money maxing, since surgery is expensive. Before the blackpill I didn't care about money and I only worked to pass time and for social connection.

I wanted a stable way to compound my money.
I traded a little bit of stocks, but I had to watch the price daily and follow the news to learn the market, that was stressful.

I don't like risk so I wanted to gain money safely. I found a divident stock that yield a 12% divident and barely moves. 12% yearly return is really solid and alot of people can't beat that or go even negative.

It's called:

Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF
Screenshot 20210506 010844 Chrome

When the market moves downward (see corona dip in march 2020) in barely moves downward and when the markets moves up it follows more slowly (giving barely room for growth).

It works by placing covered calls and paying the premium and profit that may happen to the etf holder. The shares are sold every month, so fluctuations are less in the stock price.

I am planning to store like 20k there and get 2.4k per year in divident compounding, while adding like 1k a month there.

What are your guys thoughts about this?
Anyone else got this stock and what are their experiences?
Also I couldn't buy the stock on degiro, but I saw its available on Fidelety. I can use Fidelety in Europe right and buy all the stocks there?

• +1
Reactions: Kevin Costner and WadlowMaxxing
I did some research and it seems most people who know what they’re doing don’t recommend picking an index for dividend

Most people would recommend VOO over this one. VOO dividend is only 1.5% but they have much more annual growth

Dude just Bude your time and u can find dividend stock from proper companies with high dividend cover and good growth, yielding in the 8-9% range, which will increase (I don't know what dividend tax is like in your country though).

Look at defensives/ degenerate friendly shit like alcohol, tobacco, dirty energy, utilities, big pharma, retail banks, insurance and buy on a dip.

Dividends are just a forced withdrawal of equity. Everyone acts like dividends are magical cherries on top of normal ROE which offers some type of advantage when really dividends just distribute a portion of equity back to you out of company’s capital cash balances. Just because a company pays dividends doesn’t mean ROE on your investment increases BECAUSE of the dividend payout.

And if you try to forge and income stream from dividends you’ll quickly find out how much of a hassle it is and how it doesn’t equate to a manageable/predictable income stream.

Reinvesting dividends is only somewhat enticing in the super long term 30-50 years. But how much of an edge would that have on just investing passively for the same length of time without worrying about dividends in the first place? Probably saves a lot of unwarranted hassle.

Dividends are just a forced withdrawal of equity. Everyone acts like dividends are magical cherries on top of normal ROE which offers some type of advantage when really dividends just distribute a portion of equity back to you out of company’s capital cash balances. Just because a company pays dividends doesn’t mean ROE on your investment increases BECAUSE of the dividend payout.

And if you try to forge and income stream from dividends you’ll quickly find out how much of a hassle it is and how it doesn’t equate to a manageable/predictable income stream.

Reinvesting dividends is only somewhat enticing in the super long term 30-50 years. But how much of an edge would that have on just investing passively for the same length of time without worrying about dividends in the first place? Probably saves a lot of unwarranted hassle.
Scrip dividends are an entirely different story though

Seth Walsh

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh