Highschool sucks (a personal story from yours truly)

Omega

Omega

Messiah
tl;dr: I royally fucked up my highschool life by not checking my shoes after I left
note: English isn't my first language so if the grammar is bad don't flame me.

After a rough couple of years in that awkward stage of life, you tell yourself things are going to be different this year. I make an effort to have a good first impression (new clothes, haircut, personality). Keeping up with the cool music, trends, etc. Buying a gym subscription and working out a bit so I can break away from all the comments about how weak and frail I looked. With all this, I thought to myself that I am going to try to approach more girls this year so I can finally have that teenage love all my friends talk about.

On the night of the last day of summer, I am excited I can't even sleep. I had a chill day hanging out with my only friends I won't see anymore because they are moving away. I am a bit sad but we still can talk through our group chat. Laying down on my bed, I have my back to school fit right beside me on my bed. I set my alarm clock for 6:00am so I have enough time to get ready and be really early to show up at school. Right before I sleep, I think about how I used to get bullied by guys and girls because of the cliché things like wearing big glasses = nerd, weird clothes, being bad at just about any sport in gym class. I shrugged those thoughts off knowing how far I have come and had a good sleep still excited to make my "debut". I felt like the main character in some high school anime and I would get like 5 girls in to me right off the bat.

The first day of school finally rolls in and I feel like a million bucks. Not only do I feel drippy as hell, I notice some girls eyeing me at the back of the train. So I just put on my airpods, act mysterious even though I am not listening to anything lol. Then, we get to the school and I just look around. Seeing a lot of new faces but old ones too. I see some really fine new girls (probably European). I stare at them but quickly catch myself before they notice and think about finding where my new classes are. Before that, I went to use the washroom because I drank like a ton of water before coming. The washrooms were nasty, even for the first day. Not just the smell but littered of trash and toilet paper. I did whatever I needed to do quick and looked at myself in the mirror to see that I look okay.

I walk back in the hall, looking for my new classes and in the corner of my eye I notice more girls eyeing and this time giggling but it felt different than when I was on the train. I started walking more confidently with my chest out the more and more people were looking at me. The bell rang for first period, I found my first class which was math and found a nice window seat near the front. I saw this girl sitting in the empty seat beside me and got acquainted with them. With all the introductory stuff out the way, we started with basic review of what we learned in middle school. The stuff was breeze since I always pretty good with math. I wanted to look good not only in front of my classmates but my teacher as well. So he was calling people up to the board to solve some questions and I wanted to be the first person to raise my hand to answer. Once he chose me, I walked up the board as confidently as possible. Just as I was about to pick up the marker to write my answer, I hear people snickering behind me. Right before I can even turn back, my teacher tells "Omega, you have toilet paper stuck to your shoes". It felt like the whole class at that moment was laughing at me. I could even see some dried up poop smears at the bottom.

My head went blank, I was so embarrassed, I never even solved the question on the board and threw out the toilet paper in the garbage can outside the room and sat back down. I heard people laughing among themselves saying how could I not see a tail length roll of toilet paper stuck to me. The girl I talked right before class started could not even look at me afterwards. After next period, word spread out and some people apparently recorded me walking in the hall with it. It must've been when I just came out of the washroom. In my other classes, I noticed other people laughing as soon I walk into a room. The day ended with no new friends, failed attempts with approaching girls, and a video of me walking like an idiot with toilet paper stuck to them.

Effectively after that, my chances of being popular with girls was 0%. This held true for the next long and brutal 4 years of high school. With no girlfriend and no friends, I speedran coming home everyday and emerged myself in my small, warm bubble known as my room. Before I knew it, it was already time to graduate. I had the usual honor roll awards, but it felt bittersweet when I did not have anyone other than my mom to cheer for me.

This whole experience taught me that how you do in Highschool not just academically plays a huge role in how your life is after.

Also, goddamn do I hate janitors after this experience, they had one fucking job to make the washrooms clean especially for the first day of the school. I can understand this shit on the second month of school or even the second week of school. But the first day of school, you would atleast expect they would put work in to make the school nice for the new people. Damn!

• +1
Reactions: abrarup and ElySioNs
Bumping this brutal story

• +1
Reactions: Omega
High school is the most primal environment a man could be in.