Deleted member 13332

mark renton

20 minutes of pure based

@volcelfatcel

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
Should I learn russian?

will take you lifetime
That`s what you think because you imagine me reading some dumb textbooks and shit. You don`t know the secret.

That`s what you think because you imagine me reading some dumb textbooks and shit. You don`t know the secret.
come to russia and after a year people will understand you

and maybe after 2-4 years you will be fluent

come to russia and after a year people will understand you

and maybe after 2-4 years you will be fluent
Funny thing is, you can learn faster at home. When you communicate with people you just get less input in the language because you have to speak back. Being in the country is only truly beneficial after you get fluent so you can really squeeze it. If you don't know any russian what`s the point of being in russia? you can't really communicate. What you need to do is to get fluent first and go to the country next if you really want to master it.

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel
Funny thing is, you can learn faster at home. When you communicate with people you just get less input in the language because you have to speak back. Being in the country is only truly beneficial after you get fluent so you can really squeeze it. If you don't know any russian what`s the point of being in russia? you can't really communicate. What you need to do is to get fluent first and go to the country next if you really want to master it.
you will have to combine both jfl
you wont learn russian from the blue if you come here, will take maybe 20 years

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
you will have to combine both jfl
you wont learn russian from the blue if you come here, will take maybe 20 years
You can get almost perfectly fluent while not even living in russia. Meanwhile you can live in russia for 20 years and barely speak it or speak it awkwardly and with a very strong accent. The ideal is to go to the country after you get basic fluency so you can actually make something out of it. Being in russia after 3 years of learning > right away (if you can stay there for let`s say 2 years) because once you are fairly fluent you will be able to really squeeze the experience in the country and get more language EXP!

You can get almost perfectly fluent while not even living in russia. Meanwhile you can live in russia for 20 years and barely speak it or speak it awkwardly and with a very strong accent. The ideal is to go to the country after you get basic fluency so you can actually make something out of it. Being in russia after 3 years of learning > right away (if you can stay there for let`s say 2 years) because once you are fairly fluent you will be able to really squeeze the experience in the country and get more language EXP!
you wont
russian is different
one word can have 100 meanings

i agree on second part
first get basic fluency and then come

• +1
Reactions: Acee
you wont
russian is different
one word can have 100 meanings
I know that you think you know better than me..but you don't. You also don't know shit about russian you just grow up into it. You don't ask natives for advice, they don't know what the fuck they`re talking about because they never had to learn it, they grow into it.

I know that you think you know better than me..but you don't. You also don't know shit about russian you just grow up into it. You don't ask natives for advice, they don't know what the fuck they`re talking about because they never had to learn it, they grow into it.
i was born russian and i had trouble to learn grammar
its beyond over for foreigne

i was born russian and i had trouble to learn grammar
its beyond over for foreigne
You`re just slow. Natives don't need to actively learn grammar they learn it automatically. You say correctly tons of shit you can`t explain in Russian or English. This is why there are people who are specialized in Grammar because the understanding of it is different than to just applying instinctively.

Most people wouldn't be able to explain tons of shit (why you say X and why you say Y) but they`re fluent nonetheless and get it right because that`s just the way it is. You can search about the input hypothesis. Learning grammar is almost useless in the big scheme of things.

Yeah you can always get better (I probably have Grammar mistakes even in this post) but it`s better to let it happen naturally, the way natives acquire it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13332