Holy fucking shit, since when is UCL prestigious?

C

Collagen or rope

Kraken
Apparently, a uni where ABB and 36 IB gets you an unconditional acceptance into some of its courses can be considered 'prestigious' :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:

Dear god, the word has lost all its meaning these days :ogre:

UCL is NOT prestigious. It is internationally renown. But that's purely the result of its location in London, one of the top financial centers in the world, rather than the U itself.

Here are some prestigious UK unis:
  • Oxford
  • Cambridge
If you don't go to one of these two, you should probably kill yourself.

Venting b/c one of my high school friends graduated from UCL today and made a massive fucking deal out of it on facebook. Posted a selfie in front of the London eye telling everyone he had apparently 'made it'. I almost flexed on that plebian with my Princeton hoodie, but decided against it and came here to post this instead.

UCLcels, your university is NOT prestigious - merely well known. Literally tens of thousands of high school kids with slightly above average IB diplomas and A levels go there every year. In the states, it is comparable to a Berkeley or UCLA. You're NOT impressing anyone with a UCL degree except your own mother.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Toth's thot, Neurose, Copeful and 5 others
B8B15C65 0E3B 4C9A B1CC D62359CB026D

• +1
Reactions: TheChosenChad and alex569

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5189
It’s a very good uni

It has always been the most prestigous sporting event behind the World Cup and Euro's

• Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ManzareK, 12percentorbust, Deleted member 3043 and 2 others
It has always been the most prestigous sporting event behind the World Cup and Euro's
You trying to be funny?

Get the fuck off my thread before I bury you, amoebae. This is a serious discussion.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Hightwolf
You trying to be funny?

Get the fuck off my thread before I bury you, amoebae. This is a serious discussion.
Shut the fuck up you slant eyed chink sack of garbage. I’ll bury you alive and rape your mother

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4387, ManzareK, Copeful and 6 others
favourite user

Apparently, a uni where ABB and 36 IB gets you an unconditional acceptance into some of its courses can be considered 'prestigious' :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:

UCL is NOT prestigious. It is internationally renown. But that's purely the result of its location in London, one of the top financial centers in the world, rather than the U itself.

• Oxford
  • Cambridge

Venting b/c one of my high school friends graduated from UCL today and made a massive fucking deal out of it on facebook. Posted a selfie in front of the London eye telling everyone he had apparently 'made it'. I almost flexed on that plebian with my Princeton hoodie, but decided against it and came here to post this instead.

UCLcels, your university is NOT prestigious - merely well known. Literally tens of thousands of high school kids with slightly above average IB diplomas and A levels go there every year. In the states, it is comparable to a Berkeley or UCLA. You're NOT impressing anyone with a UCL degree except your own mother.
Isn't it in the top 5 or 6 in UK and probably in top 20 globally lol

• +1
Reactions: johncruz12345
>Apparently, a uni where ABB and 36 IB gets you an unconditional acceptance into some of its courses can be considered 'prestigious' :lul: :lul: :lul: :lul:

>Dear god, the word has lost all its meaning these days :ogre:

>UCL is NOT prestigious. It is internationally renown. But that's purely the result of its location in London, one of the top financial centers in the world, rather than the U itself.

>Here are some prestigious UK unis:

• Oxford
  • Cambridge
>If you don't go to one of these two, you should probably kill yourself.

>Venting b/c one of my high school friends graduated from UCL today and made a massive fucking deal out of it on facebook. Posted a selfie in front of the London eye telling everyone he had apparently 'made it'. I almost flexed on that plebian with my Princeton hoodie, but decided against it and came here to post this instead.

>UCLcels, your university is NOT prestigious - merely well known. Literally tens of thousands of high school kids with slightly above average IB diplomas and A levels go there every year. In the states, it is comparable to a Berkeley or UCLA. You're NOT impressing anyone with a UCL degree except your own mother.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and AbandonShip

• Oxford
  • Cambridge

Its prestigious coz its in London so people who graduate there will get into a good law firm/ investment bank. Simple as.

Its still a western world and UK is massively overperforming giving its current status. Having a former empire will do that. Thats why many of its Unis are still in the top 100 ranking.

If you wanna talk hardness or meritocracy then any top 20 uni from China/India will BTFO anywhere else simply coz the number of places vs number of people applying. You basically need Harvard/Stanford level acceptance rates to even keep up.

Yet the only ones that are known are Peking/Tsinghua/IIT. And I bet even most of this forum doesn't know what they are. Meritocracy doesn't truly exist.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AbandonShip, zaynbrah, johncruz12345 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga
Its prestigious coz its in London so people who graduate there will get into a good law firm/ investment bank. Simple as.

Its still a western world and UK is massively overperforming giving its current status. Having a former empire will do that. Thats why many of its Unis are still in the top 100 ranking.

If you wanna talk hardness or meritocracy then any top 20 uni from China/India will BTFO anywhere else simply coz the number of places vs number of people applying. You basically need Harvard/Stanford level acceptance rates to even keep up.

Yet the only ones that are known are Peking/Tsinghua/IIT. And I bet even most of this forum doesn't know what they are. Meritocracy doesn't truly exist.
So New York University is prestigious? With its 3.7gpa and 1300 sat?

No.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 7173
So New York University is prestigious? With its 3.7gpa and 1300 sat?

No.
It is though. Its got a very good law school, very good arts school and a decent business school. Got dome decent alumni too. In fact its name "New York" alone probably carries it.

The problem is Columbia U is right next to it so it keeps mogging NYU to death.

What was the joke again?
What do Columbia and NYU students have in common? They both applied to Columbia

NYU would probably be a lot better in name if there was no Columbia. This is a prime example of Uni Mogging.

Last edited:
It is though. Its got a very good law school and a decent business school. Got dome decent alumni too. In fact its name "New York" alone probably carries it.

The problem is Columbia U is next to it so it keeps mogging NYU to death.

What was the joke again?
What does Columbia and NYU students have in common? They both applied to Columbia
Please stop. NYU isnt even a t20. Forget Columbia, even Cornell brutally mogs it. Slightly above average high school students go to NYU. It may sound prestigious to someone who has zero idea about education in the US, but it is not prestigious.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
It is though. Its got a very good law school, very good arts school and a decent business school. Got dome decent alumni too. In fact its name "New York" alone probably carries it.

The problem is Columbia U is right next to it so it keeps mogging NYU to death.

What was the joke again?
What do Columbia and NYU students have in common? They both applied to Columbia

NYU would probably be a lot better in name if there was no Columbia. This is a prime example of Uni Mogging.
It's law school is top tier, but thats more of a testament to how far behind the rest of the U is. What else is NYU known for, except law and business? Look at truly prestigious universities like Harvard, Stanford, MIT. Merely enrolling in one of these colleges is worthy of adulation. Sure, Harvard has its standout departments in humanities, Stanford in CS and MIT in engineering, but a non CS Stanford student is still excellent. The same cannot be said for NYU.

Whenever I meet a NYU undergrad, I ask him if he's from Stern. If so, I can still respect him. If not, I immediately tell him to kill himself.

• +1
It's law school is top tier, but thats more of a testament to how far behind the rest of the U is. What else is NYU known for, except law and business? Look at truly prestigious universities like Harvard, Stanford, MIT. Merely enrolling in one of these colleges is worthy of adulation. Sure, Harvard has its standout departments in humanities, Stanford in CS and MIT in engineering, but a non CS Stanford student is still excellent. The same cannot be said for NYU.

Whenever I meet a NYU undergrad, I ask him if he's from Stern. If so, I can still respect him. If not, I immediately tell him to kill himself.
What about universities in continental Europe? The Dutch, German, French Universities are not known at all internationally, no?

ucl is ranked above princeton

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 756 and Collagen or rope
What about universities in continental Europe? The Dutch, German, French Universities are not known at all internationally, no?
Hmm, off the top of my head: HEC, Bocconi, ETH Zurich are internationally renown

Are they at the level of Oxbridge/Ivy League? No.

• +1
Hmm, off the top of my head: HEC, Bocconi, ETH Zurich are internationally renown

Are they at the level of Oxbridge/Ivy League? No.
Nobody knows bocconi or hec and unless the goal is IB they're not good at all

Nobody knows bocconi or hec and unless the goal is IB they're not good at all
Maybe not your average joe on the street, but any decent HR team will be familiar with these unis.

• +1
I think Barcelona will win the UCL this year tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4387