holy grail to productivity (HOW TO STAY MOTIVATED FOREVER)

Deleted member 18012

Deleted member 18012

in the morning when your willpower is maximum do a meditation session to keep your self control / awareness for the day intact and momentum. 5 mins should do it, use an app like medito or headspace (i like this but way overpriced) or any guided meditation playlist really for 5 or 10 mins only as per convenience. It also helps externalise everything instead of drowning in your impulses (like that post about treating success as a video game)

it's impossible to fill your day with productive tasks (looksmaxing rituals or studying) to get towards your long term goals without any immediate animalistic reward or you will lash out and not do it .

that is the only logic behind why so many ldar here and do nothing when they know what is at stake

by a painstaking trial and error this is the only way that worked for me

-break the goal into microprocesses as markers of progress:
gymcelling–sessions
studycelling–no. of chapters or mock tests given
-no. of cold approaches
Etc
for every chapter that you finish or session at the gym or every time you slather retin-A on your face or use a PE pump reward yourself with dopaminergic activities to keep your primal monkey brain motivated by: half hour of shitposting on looksmax.me guilt-free or cooming or reading any articles you find interesting or drinking a monster energy drink or doing a tinder chadfish

avoid anything contradictory to your goal like eating junk food after gyncelling or watching a movie after studying because that will destroy your focus

these are things that work for me but you can make a list of rewards (they have to be immediate and fixed) and you can only choose 1 reward per chapter or something.

rewarding yourself is extremely important, a good list to start would be what you do on an average ldar day, you just get to do it voluntarily and ONLY if the quota is met

And once you start to see slow progress on your actual goals they will become a reward in themselves, but it's hard to get past that initial curve or very slow progress / no anticipation

so far I have revised 15 chapters by using this method and after a long period of ldaring and wasting my time again. finally escaping cycles of being awesome followed by cycle of self destruction all over again

@DaRealSixpence @Preston @RabidRosaries @Thompsonz @inferiorpispot234 @$tackThatMoney

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, Deleted member 14957, hrdder and 11 others
just dont be a weak fuck

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84, qkz and Deleted member 18012
just dont be a weak fuck
another way is to set an auto repeating alarm for every hour and write in a notebook what you did in that hour. it will guilt you into doing something useful noticing any retardation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and TrestIsBest
@PubertyMaxxer

Good thread because green font

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18012
Bump.

• +1
what is meditation actually tho
I see it mentioned over and over and it seems like a huge meme

how do I meditate, whats the benefit

• +1

meditation is shifting your focus at will like an outsider viewing problems. have you ever really got engrossed in a task and didn't care about anything else that is happening and everything seems so petty and you feel above it?

Let's say by shifting attention on breath and then shifting it to legs or the sound, one at a time and letting any background noise fade. It's not hard it's the opposite of hard it is relaxing

it's a skill that can allow you to divert your attention at will and blur the background noise completely and basically control your thoughts and emotions instead of letting them control you by recognising impulses BEFORE they arise and you act on them, giving you choice to do something or not.

The benefit is much lowered anxiety, stress and clearer and sharper mind

It is a skill you need to get the hang of. It is not doing "nothing"

• +1
Reactions: Racky, TrestIsBest, Deprived and 1 other person

Click below

xZc7Q5n.jpg

• JFL
couldnt even motivate myself to read this thread, over for me

Relying on a fleeting thing such as motivation is retarded. You literally need to force yourself to do things until your body stops trying so hard to stop you from doing it.

For example starting to run on a treadmill once you get into the habit the body/mind doesn't hate it embraces it.

• +1
in the morning when your willpower is maximum do a meditation session to keep your self control / awareness for the day intact and momentum. 5 mins should do it, use an app like medito or headspace (i like this but way overpriced) or any guided meditation playlist really for 5 or 10 mins only as per convenience. It also helps externalise everything instead of drowning in your impulses (like that post about treating success as a video game)

it's impossible to fill your day with productive tasks (looksmaxing rituals or studying) to get towards your long term goals without any immediate animalistic reward or you will lash out and not do it .

that is the only logic behind why so many ldar here and do nothing when they know what is at stake

by a painstaking trial and error this is the only way that worked for me

-break the goal into microprocesses as markers of progress:
gymcelling–sessions
studycelling–no. of chapters or mock tests given
-no. of cold approaches
Etc
for every chapter that you finish or session at the gym or every time you slather retin-A on your face or use a PE pump reward yourself with dopaminergic activities to keep your primal monkey brain motivated by: half hour of shitposting on looksmax.me guilt-free or cooming or reading any articles you find interesting or drinking a monster energy drink or doing a tinder chadfish

avoid anything contradictory to your goal like eating junk food after gyncelling or watching a movie after studying because that will destroy your focus

these are things that work for me but you can make a list of rewards (they have to be immediate and fixed) and you can only choose 1 reward per chapter or something.

rewarding yourself is extremely important, a good list to start would be what you do on an average ldar day, you just get to do it voluntarily and ONLY if the quota is met

And once you start to see slow progress on your actual goals they will become a reward in themselves, but it's hard to get past that initial curve or very slow progress / no anticipation

so far I have revised 15 chapters by using this method and after a long period of ldaring and wasting my time again. finally escaping cycles of being awesome followed by cycle of self destruction all over again

@DaRealSixpence @Preston @RabidRosaries @Thompsonz @inferiorpispot234 @$tackThatMoney
I train for hours but school is an absolute disaster if they want students to write about some boring crap