Honest question for Christians (intelligent ones)

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
If you are a Christian affirming of the Nicene creed I have a question not meant to be respectable in any way just curious.

If the Old Testament is inspired in the same way that the New Testament is by the same triune God, where in the Hebrew bible is the trinity shown and why were there no schools of Jewish thought that conceived of YHWH as anything other than a singular monotheistic god?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 78221 and maarda
Brutal dead userpill:feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: maarda
wait

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
burning bush, dark smoke, cloud

• +1
When God created humans he refers to himself as us (genesis 1:26) also there is some concept of the holy spirit as it works through people during prayer you can find many examples of google i don't remember my bible well enough :trepidation:

• +1
Wrong place to ask

• +1
When God created humans he refers to himself as us (genesis 1:26) also there is some concept of the holy spirit as it works through people during prayer you can find many examples of google i don't remember my bible well enough :trepidation:
I believe Jews always interpreted that as the ‘heavenly court’ just a quick search

And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 1 Kings 19:22

the Jews are misguided and completely reject the all the teachings of Jesus, but that's a whole nother topic

These are some verses in the Old Testament about the Holy Spirit

1 Chronicles 12:18
Isaiah 11:2
Isaiah 61:1
Ezekiel 36:27
Zechariah 4:6

and about Jesus

Isaiah 7:14 (one of the most well known ones)
Isaiah 52:13
Isaiah 9:6-7

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thugmaxxer2 and SubhumanCurrycel
what the Jews believe in has nothing to do with Christianity by the way. I can tell you a little more about why they reject Jesus. They don't even consider the verses I mentioned to be about Jesus but about a future "messiah".

• +1
the Jews are misguided and completely reject the all the teachings of Jesus, but that's a whole nother topic

These are some verses in the Old Testament about the Holy Spirit

1 Chronicles 12:18
Isaiah 11:2
Isaiah 61:1
Ezekiel 36:27
Zechariah 4:6

and about Jesus

Isaiah 7:14(one of the most well known ones)
Isaiah 52:13
Isaiah 9:6-7
Thanks for the response it is interesting Interesting, I still have a hard time saying these are explicitly Trinitarian some make a better case than others like Ezekiel there sounds like the Holy Spirit in the NT but Isiah 11:2 sounds more like blessings given by God.

I’ll go through the ones about Jesus, I have people say that Isiah should be translated to ‘young woman’ not virgin but I’m not an expert

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 78221
I believe Jews always interpreted that as the ‘heavenly court’ just a quick search

And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 1 Kings 19:22
That could be true, but like @serialcoper said there are many references to a spirit that works through people presumably the holy spirit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 78221 and SubhumanCurrycel