How accurate are front camera videos?

horsefacin

horsefacin

#proana #thinspo #genshinyaoir34
When I do a front camera picture its jarring ofc to see the unmirrored version of myself but i was nowhere near as bad as this, but my friend caught me in the background of an unrelated video and nigga let me tell you I look so bloated and fugly its insane.

Ik the mere exposure effect and how we unconsciously fraud in the mirror, but I dont look as horrible in front and back facing camera selfies/pictures. What gives with this one?

• So Sad
Reactions: RAMU KAKA
Its all about distance, distortion, 2d and 3d.

Easiest way to cope with this is to bring a close friend you see very often, to a mirror. Stare at him/her for a few seconds and then turn to the mirror and stare at their face. What do you see? Did him/her suddenly turn ugly or wacky? When you see them in the mirror, you see their mirror version of themself.

Photos is 2D, our vision is 3D. When you see a flipped image of yourself, especally a 2D photo where your asymmetry flips our brain freaks out because thats not how we fucking look like rigth?

Test the mirror thing with a friend, see if you can tell the difference between irl and mirror. Also ask the person if they can tell any difference from you in the mirror. I think we very much overreact to how we look in photos.

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin

Easiest way to cope with this is to bring a close friend you see very often, to a mirror. Stare at him/her for a few seconds and then turn to the mirror and stare at their face. What do you see? Did him/her suddenly turn ugly or wacky? When you see them in the mirror, you see their mirror version of themself.

Photos is 2D, our vision is 3D. When you see a flipped image of yourself, especally a 2D photo where your asymmetry flips our brain freaks out because thats not how we fucking look like rigth?

Test the mirror thing with a friend, see if you can tell the difference between irl and mirror. Also ask the person if they can tell any difference from you in the mirror. I think we very much overreact to how we look in photos.
hope this isnt cope. thanks for the advice brother gonna try it later

• +1
Reactions: Darkage

So mirror is true?

So mirror is true?
No. But i dont think the difference our mind is telling us, is that big. You see yourself in the mirror every day for many years, so unless you are a very photogenic person you get shocked when you see yourself in photos.

If a proffesional photographer takes a portrait of you with optimal lens and distance, it still isnt 100% what you look like, but very close i think.

Take everything i say with a grain of salt, i have done alot of digging about this since it bothered me aswell. But not everything i read online have to be true, so i cant say that its facts. But it makes alot of sense.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
No. But i dont think the difference our mind is telling us, is that big. You see yourself in the mirror every day for many years, so unless you are a very photogenic person you get shocked when you see yourself in photos.

If a proffesional photographer takes a portrait of you with optimal lens and distance, it still isnt 100% what you look like, but very close i think.

Take everything i say with a grain of salt, i have done alot of digging about this since it bothered me aswell. But not everything i read online have to be true, so i cant say that its facts. But it makes alot of sense.
do u think mirror is more accurate than an average candid taken by a smartphone?

do u think mirror is more accurate than an average candid taken by a smartphone?
Yes and no, because in human eyes(mirror too) we are in motion and 3D. A random picture, at a bad angle can really make you look bad. I think the psychological aspect plays a huge part in what YOU see in photos of yourself.

Havent you noticed how your friends pretty much always look the same irl and photos? This most likely implies to us aswell ofc, but then again try to look at them in the mirror and see if you can tell any difference. I doubt you will.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244