How accurate is this bone age bs?

H

Heromann

Iron
at 15.83 years old i took a bone age xray and it came back 15.5( i was 174.6cm), two endocrinologists looked at it and told me i’d grow to 177.5-180cm as my final height, i then barely grew between then and 16 to 175.6cm then 16.25: 177.5cm, now at 16.6 years old i’m 182cm. I have very long arms too if that’s important(191cm wingspan) and my whole childhood i was very malnourished being built like a toothpick (which i fixed at 15.5) and was the shortest between all my friends, is there any more accurate way of predicting my height? (extra info: height at 15 was 167)

at 15.83 years old i took a bone age xray and it came back 15.5( i was 174.6cm), two endocrinologists looked at it and told me i’d grow to 177.5-180cm as my final height, i then barely grew between then and 16 to 175.6cm then 16.25: 177.5cm, now at 16.6 years old i’m 182cm. I have very long arms too if that’s important(191cm wingspan) and my whole childhood i was very malnourished being built like a toothpick (which i fixed at 15.5) and was the shortest between all my friends, is there any more accurate way of predicting my height? (extra info: height at 15 was 167)
doctors know shit, they always set up a limit for you height and thats not right since you can do multiple things to surprass this "limit". Althought im pretty sure the bone is a correct thing, but imo they cant define exactly how far you'll grow, thats it bhai

• +1
Reactions: Heromann
BLUD WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PICTURE

• +1
Reactions: Rzn and marchesi
doctors know shit, they always set up a limit for you height and thats not right since you can do multiple things to surprass this "limit". Althought im pretty sure the bone is a correct thing, but imo they cant define exactly how far you'll grow, thats it bhai
thing is I also used this bone age calculator which predicted a similar thing to what they predicted but it feels like this whole bone age thing is wrong because it also shows that if i was bone age 15.5 at 15.83 then i should’ve been about 170.5 at 15 when i was acc 167 and the future prediction turned out very off saying i should’ve been around 176cm now at 16.6 but i’m 6 cm taller, i’m wondering if my hands just developed normally with my body being delayed but they aren’t large and it’s pretty unlikely

• +1
Reactions: marchesi
thing is I also used this bone age calculator which predicted a similar thing to what they predicted but it feels like this whole bone age thing is wrong because it also shows that if i was bone age 15.5 at 15.83 then i should’ve been about 170.5 at 15 when i was acc 167 and the future prediction turned out very off saying i should’ve been around 176cm now at 16.6 but i’m 6 cm taller, i’m wondering if my hands just developed normally with my body being delayed but they aren’t large and it’s pretty unlikely
as i said, your habits can make you surprass the bone age "limit", so thats why imo bone age is not a certain thing

i don’t have it but 2 endocrinologists and one radiologist said the same thing, however, if you’re trying to look at something else other than the number of finger plates closed and you’re trying to look at something else like the wrist specifically then i’ll try to get it for you

• +1
Reactions: WhoTookVendetta
i don’t have it but 2 endocrinologists and one radiologist said the same thing, however, if you’re trying to look at something else other than the number of finger plates closed and you’re trying to look at something else like the wrist specifically then i’ll try to get it for you
look at my comment here

• +1
Reactions: Rzn
look at my comment here

if you’re trying to see whether my wrist plate was opened or closed i’ve already checked that and it was opened

• +1
Reactions: WhoTookVendetta
as i said, your habits can make you surprass the bone age "limit", so thats why imo bone age is not a certain thing
yeah but bone age is meant to show your level of maturation and it determines what age of people your skeletal maturity matched with so if i was theoretically 15.5 how come i grew way quicker than someone 15.5 would?

yeah but bone age is meant to show your level of maturation and it determines what age of people your skeletal maturity matched with so if i was theoretically 15.5 how come i grew way quicker than someone 15.5 would?
Genetics and habits

i understand genetics can make people’s plates close in different patterns but what do you mean by habits?
Running, sleeping well(8-9Hours, waking up and sleeping at the same time), Rich fat/cholesterol diet, Raw meat/milk, swimming. Thats some of the habits wich could improve your height growth, ofc theres alot more, but i suggest you to search it up

Running, sleeping well(8-9Hours, waking up and sleeping at the same time), Rich fat/cholesterol diet, Raw meat/milk, swimming. Thats some of the habits wich could improve your height growth, ofc theres alot more, but i suggest you to search it up
let’s say i haven’t been implementing a lot of these stuff into my life before now, if i do start now could i catch up to what i was meant to be if i had been doing them all along?

let’s say i haven’t been implementing a lot of these stuff into my life before now, if i do start now could i catch up to what i was meant to be if i had been doing them all along?
maybe, but if you start implementing these things you’ll for sure improve your height growth even more

how do you even get them? why do you get them? i've never had a "bone age" exam or some shit

idk just asked a doc who i was close to to hook me up with the x-ray and then i visited an endocrinologist who then analyzed it. It’s supposed to show how mature your skeletal structure is to tell how late/early your growth is relative to your actual age. If you’re short for your age or well under your “genetic potential” then ig the insurance could pay for an x-ray and for the endocrinologist to check it
how do you even get them? why do you get them? i've never had a "bone age" exam or some shit