how Apophenic are you ?

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

Óðrmaxxing

i am high in apophenia which makes me prone to paranoia and confusion (hear voices when i move and my bed makes a noise, i jump in fear when i see black or blurred illusions, notice patterns and question the way reality works, am very sensitive to people's tone of voice and facial expressions and think they are thinking bad about me)

because of this i have become very doubtful , but i think doubt is inhibiting inspiration .

• +1
Reactions: Adelholzener and slavicpsycho
i always hear music when its just a fan or something , and i hear people screaming when i anticipate it from my imagination

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho
when i close my eyes images appear

• +1
I'm glad the phase where you typed like a retard to "conserve brain energy" has passeed.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: devonhendryx999, donkeyskin, Running! and 3 others
i used to not be able to look at dark things cuz it would make a pattern appear and bother me a lot

• Woah
See a psychiatrist bro fr you have to get help before it gets worse

See a psychiatrist bro fr you have to get help before it gets worse
already got worse . used to just be illusions , now i have hallucinations occasionally . and EXTREME paranoia and confusion in social situations like i was shaking in fear

• +1
Dude same? Like when I go into a dark room with no lighting I hallucinate lsd-like patterns immideatly I need to use my phone flashlight just so I don’t get the hallucinations

• Woah
Reactions: Youㅤ
already got worse . used to just be illusions , now i have hallucinations occasionally . and EXTREME paranoia and confusion in social situations like i was shaking in fear
Well go before it gets even worse. I'm serious bro it will help you.

Dude same? Like when I go into a dark room with no lighting I hallucinate lsd-like patterns immideatly I need to use my phone flashlight just so I don’t get the hallucinations
its normal to an extent but if u are more apophenic in childhood u will have a more doubtful personality and "overthink"

• +1
I’ve had closed-eye hallucinations my whole life

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: N1666 and Youㅤ
Well go before it gets even worse. I'm serious bro it will help you.
stop telling me what to do . only concepts matter advice doesnt . the reason advice doesnt work is because its just pressuring someone with completely different context to do something based on ur perspective . eveyr person u meet knows things u dont know while u know things they dont . so tell them something new . "do this do that" is meaningless jargon . ONLY CONCEPTS MATTER TO THINK ABOUT ACTIONS WILL COME NATURALLY WITH THE RIGHT CONTEXT

I’ve had closed-eye hallucinations my whole life
yeah same its actually cool cuz when im in a sleepy state but not yet asleep it creates a lucid world that looks very real

also i have so many of those weird things that float around ur eye when u look at bright things very annoying makes me jump when i leave my dark room

• +1
yeah same its actually cool cuz when im in a sleepy state but not yet asleep it creates a lucid world that looks very real

also i have so many of those weird things that float around ur eye when u look at bright things very annoying makes me jump when i leave my dark room
Do u have visual snow?

• +1
If u stare at a wall u see like small moving dots?
yeah , man this fucking destroyed my mental health as a child i would stare at this white dog every waking hour so i avoided the dots

but when i see white i have eye floaters which is a completely different concept but less ugly and more interesting to watch

• +1
If u stare at a wall u see like small moving dots?
I thought everything you and OP have been describing were normal, I have experienced the same since I was a child too.

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ and slavicpsycho
yeah , man this fucking destroyed my mental health as a child i would stare at this white dog every waking hour so i avoided the dots

but when i see white i have eye floaters which is a completely different concept but less ugly and more interesting to watch
Yeah I've had eye floaters all my life didn't really bother me, the dots shit fucked me up for like a year too. I think it's autism

• +1
I thought everything you and OP have been describing were normal, I have experienced the same since I was a child too.
On The Spectrum Pride GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

• JFL
Reactions: N1666
its normal unless it is confusing. like i am like "why is my brother listening to that weird music all day" then i look and its just the fan. or im walking in the woods and think im hearing music or hear peoples voices when its just my brain overreacting to sounds and interpreting them inaccurately

• +1
also sounds are very disturbing i have misophonia and certain sounds trigger OCD complusions and anxiety attaks

• +1
also sounds are very disturbing i have misophonia and certain sounds trigger OCD complusions and anxiety attaks
My misophonia and paranoia have ruined my life. The biggest annoyance is chewing sounds, I refuse to be in the same room as someone eating. It feels like I’m being tortured when I hear certain noises.

I always have the fear that someone is watching me, especially when I’m at home. Every window and curtain has to be shut and all my cameras/webcams are covered. I reinforce to myself that it’s highly unlikely that someone is watching me, but still my brain doesn’t recognise that. Although it has gotten better recently, I’ve sort of gotten past caring and force myself to keep my curtains open.

I don’t have it as bad as other people (or probably yourself) so I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to overcome my issues

• +1
My misophonia and paranoia have ruined my life. The biggest annoyance is chewing sounds, I refuse to be in the same room as someone eating. It feels like I’m being tortured when I hear certain noises.
same with chewing . also anyone saying "mm" in a sort of rushed acknowledgement . also any1 with a tone where they are asking a question or expecting something from me . also my mom's voice often triggers hyperawareness (horrible cuz it makes me swallow due to anxiety and then i become anxious that i wont be able to lose awareness of the act of swallowing , it is happening now that i mention it and will take time to go away , this kept me awake for hours when i was young)

I always have the fear that someone is watching me, especially when I’m at home. Every window and curtain has to be shut and all my cameras/webcams are covered. I reinforce to myself that it’s highly unlikely that someone is watching me, but still my brain doesn’t recognise that. Although it has gotten better recently, I’ve sort of gotten past caring and force myself to keep my curtains open.
brutal . cant relate on this but im paranoid in general . although i do hate being watched , like i cover my face when i leave my room so my mom doesnt see . barricade the door so no one can get it . i used to be paranoid someone would come kill me while i was in my room so i hid under bed with a knife .

some1 maybe is watching u . like i perceive objects as animate . there could be spirits in the room . people could be reading ur mind .

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: slavicpsycho and N1666
same with chewing . also anyone saying "mm" in a sort of rushed acknowledgement . also any1 with a tone where they are asking a question or expecting something from me . also my mom's voice often triggers hyperawareness (horrible cuz it makes me swallow due to anxiety and then i become anxious that i wont be able to lose awareness of the act of swallowing , it is happening now that i mention it and will take time to go away , this kept me awake for hours when i was young)
Over that I can relate to all of this.

brutal . cant relate on this but im paranoid in general . although i do hate being watched , like i cover my face when i leave my room so my mom doesnt see . barricade the door so no one can get it . i used to be paranoid someone would come kill me while i was in my room so i hid under bed with a knife .

some1 maybe is watching u . like i perceive objects as animate . there could be spirits in the room .
I’m too unimportant for someone to be watching me. I have moved around a lot too, so if I had something/someone following me then surely they’d be gone by now. I have no idea what caused all of this either, but everywhere I go I always have to take security measures and ensure that nobody can see through my windows. Even after all that it’s still not enough to ease my mind.

people could be reading ur mind .
This is where my first abnormal thoughts started. I always used to think people could read my mind as a child, even till this day I have to shut off certain thoughts out of the fear that someone is reading my mind.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: slavicpsycho and Youㅤ