How are you coping with wageslaving right now?

SidharthTheSlayer

SidharthTheSlayer

Anti-Cosmic Satanist
I have recently begun wageslaving this summer as an intern at a software engineering company. I get paid $15 an hour for 8 hours a day 5 days a week for about 3 months.

Even though my work is pretty easy and I'm making decent money that I can save, this is honestly soul-crushing... it's not the worst period of my life, but I definitely do feel constantly hollow, like there's a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Music sounds like notes. Books are just words. Films are random montages... etc. This is how depressing wageslavery really is after only attending class for 1-2 hours a day.

I am trying to cope by writing more and focusing on composing and producing more music, but even this becomes a slogging grind indistinguishable from the other daily activities I do to distract myself.

All I can do is hope for some inspiration to strike. A certain girlfriend or something. Idk.

How are you coping with wageslaving when it's THIS bad?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: watah, <6PSLcel, ShowerMaxxing and 7 others
What country are you working in as a Software Engineer?

Interesting, I am usually inspired for a couple of months in new place and then work is ok until I start resenting my coworkers for their shit. (Even though I don't have temperament and interest for this field)

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
What country are you working in as a Software Engineer?

Interesting, I am usually inspired for a couple of months in new place and then work is ok until I start resenting my coworkers for their shit. (Even though I don't have temperament and interest for this field)
America, my friend.

• +1
Reactions: future_mogger, ShowerMaxxing and sickdawgie
Keep saving money but also use some of it for copes, that's what I do.

• +1
Reactions: emo, ShowerMaxxing and SidharthTheSlayer
I'm not, I am jobless and never had a job. Idk what to do tbh. If I was a female I'd probably just start whoring

• +1
Reactions: futureashtray, IAMNOTANINCEL, SidharthTheSlayer and 1 other person
if u can produce music approved by many distributors, i know a way out for u 🤑

Wageslaving does make you value every single second of the day you got left. I sometimes worked for 13 hours a day for 7,98€ per hour.

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: CarrotMaxxer, ShowerMaxxing, letitsnow_ and 3 others
I have recently begun wageslaving this summer as an intern at a software engineering company. I get paid $15 an hour for 8 hours a day 5 days a week for about 3 months.

Even though my work is pretty easy and I'm making decent money that I can save, this is honestly soul-crushing... it's not the worst period of my life, but I definitely do feel constantly hollow, like there's a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Music sounds like notes. Books are just words. Films are random montages... etc. This is how depressing wageslavery really is after only attending class for 1-2 hours a day.

I am trying to cope by writing more and focusing on composing and producing more music, but even this becomes a slogging grind indistinguishable from the other daily activities I do to distract myself.

All I can do is hope for some inspiration to strike. A certain girlfriend or something. Idk.

Drugs , girls , sex

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing and moreroidsmoredates
this is why you need to become a successful business owner or die trying.

• +1
Reactions: Esteban1997
imagine busting your ass wageslaving to come back home to nothing
other drones keep going because they come back home to gf or if older wife and children

• +1
Reactions: watah, TheDragon, BecomingHuman and 2 others
other drones keep going because they come back home to gf or if older wife and children
I'm wageslaving rn because there is no other way I can achieve neetdom in the future. And I come back to my dakimakura bhai

• JFL
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
I wageslave to survive. Right now, I’m NEETmaxxing from my earnings of 8 months I was at my job before they laid me off. It was high paying Ngl so Im able to live on my own for awhile even though I’m running out. I used to care about a career and prestige but now I just want to stack money fast and then quit and enjoy my free time. Money is not worth all the stress, and time and it’s just a waste of youth if you invest too much time in it.

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
Wageslaving does make you value every single second of the day you got left. I sometimes worked for 13 hours a day for 7,98€ per hour.
what country for 8 euro an hour ?

Ye I don’t understand how ugly niggas can do that tbh. Wageslaving is only worth it if you have a beautiful family to come to

• +1
Reactions: BecomingHuman
I would argue wageslaving mogs uni

what the fuck
how are you making $15 an hour at a software engineering internship :lul::lul:
my mech eng internship paid me $25 an hour while i was in hs

• +1
Reactions: xegigi
No lol, for example my car insurance is 200€ per month and that is the cheapest btw
Interesting can get about 14€/hr at supermarket here. Everything is expensive though, 71€ for full tank of gas

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Zeta
what the fuck
how are you making $15 an hour at a software engineering internship :lul::lul:
my mech eng internship paid me $25 an hour while i was in hs
What color is your Bugatti, Mr. Tate?

I’d rather do what you’re doing… for almost a year I worked in a grocery store cashiering for $11.25 an hour. Lately I’ve been working at a fast food place for $11 an hour. People treat you like dirt, I’m serving black people all day. I guess the upside is that my coworkers are really cool and I can joke around with them at work. I’m going to college in August, so I only have 1 more month of this bullshit. Just find ways to pass the time and ways to have fun at work and enjoy it. It’s not that bad

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer and <6PSLcel

wageslaving is for incels, i don’t do that shit

how did u get a software engineering job/internship ?

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
This is why I’m happy being a dishwasher tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back